Which GPU is Better for Video Decoding RX 7900XT or 4070TI Super

DoDoTheGoD

Hi everyone, what is the best benchmark for Video Decoding (not encoding) as I want to buy a GPU and need the max performance in that aspect and don't know which to choose: the RX 7900XT or the 4070TI Super, any advise?

I don't know but I also don't know what you want.

Which codec? How many video streams at what resolution and refresh rate? etc... "max performance" in this can mean anything

I to am confused as to what OP is asking. 
is an APU/intel quick sync not able to do what you want?

24 minutes ago, DoDoTheGoD said:

Hi everyone, what is the best benchmark for Video Decoding (not encoding) as I want to buy a GPU and need the max performance in that aspect and don't know which to choose: the RX 7900XT or the 4070TI Super, any advise?

Too many variables to have a *this one is best* answer. They all have benefits and drawbacks depending on a variety of factors that you don't mention.

I want to upgrade the GPU and as for games, they do about the same for what I play but additionally, I want to test a PC/serv where I can play multiple streams/youtube videos/movies/tv series divided with virtual audio cables all in 1080p, but when I tried to play multiple videos at the same time on my RX 580 and RTX 2080, I would get 100% video Decode and everything would lag even before I used all of the VRam (around 70%) and the GPU didn't hit anywhere near 100% usage. It is a bit of a strange task but I am gonna upgrade either way so I'd like to use this chance.

3 hours ago, DoDoTheGoD said:

I want to upgrade the GPU and as for games, they do about the same for what I play but additionally, I want to test a PC/serv where I can play multiple streams/youtube videos/movies/tv series divided with virtual audio cables all in 1080p, but when I tried to play multiple videos at the same time on my RX 580 and RTX 2080, I would get 100% video Decode and everything would lag even before I used all of the VRam (around 70%) and the GPU didn't hit anywhere near 100% usage. It is a bit of a strange task but I am gonna upgrade either way so I'd like to use this chance.

How many streams are we thinking? What codecs? 

I'd guess 1080p will be fine, you can also likely use your igpu here.

4 hours ago, DoDoTheGoD said:

Are you serving the video from this PC? What are the PC's that are going to consume this video? Why not make a cheap server and host the videos off of it.

Nvidia is far better because they have NVENC and NVDEC which use CUDA to accelerate their operations. There is a reason people doing video editing use Nvidia cards

7 hours ago, DoDoTheGoD said:

so are you talking about video transcode then?

Cause that is different then just decode.