Melting PSU VGA Cable - RTX 3090/EVGA 1000w 80+ Gold

Radian

Hey folks, I smelled something funky during my gaming session, and checked the temps. CPU/GPU temps were fine, so I looked around and turns out the VGA cable was melting at the PSU Connector. It's at the point where I can't even remove the cable without putting some serious force, and I'm scared I'm going to rip out the entire connector.

I've shut off my pc, and plan to stop using it for a bit until I can get it fixed - do you think it's just the cable, GPU or should I replace the whole PSU? FWIW, I bought this PSU in 2022 and have been using it with no real issues. 

PSU: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=120-GP-1000-X1 `
GPU: RTX 3090 FE

Can you provide photos of both the power supply connector, and the graphics card connector?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, Radian said:

Hey folks, I smelled something funky during my gaming session, and checked the temps. CPU/GPU temps were fine, so I looked around and turns out the VGA cable was melting at the PSU Connector. It's at the point where I can't even remove the cable without putting some serious force, and I'm scared I'm going to rip out the entire connector.

I've shut off my pc, and plan to stop using it for a bit until I can get it fixed - do you think it's just the cable, GPU or should I replace the whole PSU? FWIW, I bought this PSU in 2022 and have been using it with no real issues. 

PSU: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=120-GP-1000-X1 `
GPU: RTX 3090 FE

You mean the GPU power connector?

You should put in for an rma 
That's terrifyingly bad

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup