LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 24 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Terror in Resonance
Current

This was suggested by @Typho saying "Thriller and maybe mystery : Two children are doing some terror bombing things while doing riddles, why? And a girl with no connection whatsoever with the main protagonists. (Please read it from the Animelist I suck at this....) Personally I feel that the first episode was amazing, because it started with action of course :D Also the act they committed in the first episode kinda pulled me into the story. I really love startings where you have no idea of what is going to happen next ;) OOOOO VERY MYSTERIOUS"

As well as by @GloriousPain saying "May I refer you to my last post in which I suggested Zankyou No Terror; As currently it's the only thing other than Psycho Pass(which I don't count atm cause they're merely showing a re-editted version to prelude season 2) worth watching."

In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.

While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children—children who shouldn't even exist—masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form "Sphinx," a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber—and pull the trigger on this world.
Read more at MAL

64447.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Psycho-Pass
Recent

This was suggested by @gastew15 saying "With the Psycho-Pass reboot playing right now setting up for the 2nd season in October and the movie coming shortly after I feel like it's definitely a good candidate. The show it's self has a very nice near future kind of Utopia/distopia atmosphere to it along with the interesting perspective of a new police officer, which is certainly unique to a genre usually about the 'oppressed', and it has nice stylized visuals along with a great soundtrack."

As well as by @GloriousPain saying "It's the story of a futuristic Utopian society from the point of a girl who just graduated highschool and joined a police like branch of the government in which she and a group of criminals hunt down people who could possibly become criminals as determined by the Sibyl system which judges all of humanity and if it thinks you have the potential to become a criminal you are condemned as one."

The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.

In the future, it is possible to quantitatively measure a person's emotions, desires, and every inclination. In this way, it is also possible to measure a person's criminal tendency factor, which is used to judge criminals.

This is the story of a team of policemen dedicated to maintaining public order. Some of them work in the Enforcement Division, responsible for the apprehension of criminals, while others belong to the Supervisory Division which oversees their colleagues in Enforcement.
Read more at MAL

93800.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Sweet Blue Flowers
Post-2007

This was suggested by @Legion saying "Its another slice of life anime which really isn't going to be for everyone, Two friends are reunited and help each other through lifes ups and downs. I found this anime to be wonderful and it really opened my mind to some of the subjects explored within."

Fumi Manjoume, an introverted, bookish teenage girl, is beginning her first year of high school at Matsuoka Girls' High School. She enters the school year with her heart broken by a previous relationship. At about the same time, she reconnects with her best friend from ten years ago, Akira Okudaira, who is now attending Fujigatani Girls' Academy as a first-year high school student. As they reconnect, they both deal with their own respective romantic problems, and help each other get through them.
Read more at ANN

52856.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @Legion saying "I really don't know what to say about this show, Its one most people will have seen. Its a classic in Mecha. A solid story but I think the real highlight of the show to me is the itano circus. We've all seen a wild unrealistic barrage of missiles in our favourite mecha shows. Well you can thank this series right here. Honestly the Anime itself is pretty sweet."

In 1999, an alien spaceship crashes on South Ataria Island and makes the human race aware of other life in space. Ten years later, the ship is reconstructed and christened as the SDF-1 Macross. However, on the day of its maiden voyage, an alien race called the Zentradi make their appearance on Earth—thus beginning Space War I, a UN Spacy/Zentradi war that would change the history of both races forever.
Read more at ANN

83815.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Dream Eater Merry
Random

This was suggested by @DigitalHermit saying "Another fun one... The concept is good and the manga takes it to a whole new level... I just wish this had a season 2..."

Sometimes daydreaming can get you into trouble, but what do you do when it's other people's dreams that you have to watch out for? Yumeji Fujiwara has the unique ability to predict what kind of dreams other people will have, but lately, his own dreams have taken a bizarre turn in which he's being pursued by armies of cats. Stranger yet, Yumeji learns that the leader of the dream cats needs his body to access the Real World.

Finally, the strange becomes downright weird when a beautiful girl suddenly drops on top of him and announces that she's a Dream Demon looking for a way back to the Dream World! The fabric that separates reality and fantasy is torn to shreds, and Yumeji has a lot of sleepless nights ahead of him as he has to deal with both the dream stalking and a dream walking!
Read more at MAL

60100.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

ZNT!!!! It's amazing IMO.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Macross, my childhood and first anime aside from Rai the caveboy (don't know if that's the English name)

Still have the vhs but sadly not all episodes.

And I didn't know the artist of hitman reborn did psycho pass!! Really like the art style.

Marry is a ok show, but I don't think the anime is proceeding as far as the manga...

The rest is unknown.

MACROSS MACROSS MACROSS !!!

I have been waiting for this day to come!

Macross, my childhood and first anime aside from Rai the caveboy (don't know if that's the English name)

And I didn't know the artist of hitman reborn did psycho pass!! Really like the art style.

Marry is a ok show, but I don't think the anime is proceeding as far as the manga...

The rest is unknown.

And it still stands up to this day. I really wish they would remaster the whole thing not just the OP and extended OP. It's like their teasing us with something we can't have. :(

What is this club about and how do i join?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Wow, the more I see people talk about anime the more I realize I've missed. Um... Is all of them a choice? If not I think I'll go with Macross. I hear about it every once in a while and I do love mechas and lots of explosions

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Wow, the more I see people talk about anime the more I realize I've missed. Um... Is all of them a choice? If not I think I'll go with Macross. I hear about it every once in a while and I do love mechas and lots of explosions

eggzelent choice, it's a wonderful piece of classic that has made history! Especially the artist.

the movie was good, short but good.

One of the original ones? If you havnt seen the whole original series I really suggest you do. It blows mobile suit gundam (orig) of of the water.

I agree with @CatCloud. Also i's way more than just that.

eggzelent choice, it's a wonderful piece of classic that has made history! Especially the artist.

Dang straight! Also the OP is what every otaku has to sing at least once at karaoke. :P

I've seen the good old original and the movie on the original.

Right on man! Macross gets very non linear after that as confusingly named after that.

haha.....I would watch one if I didn't have exams tomorrow  :mellow:

But I vote for terror in resonance nonetheless. Looks interesting

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Would you be interested in joining the club? 

7MPq74M.png

Yes ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

@Charger how could you put two force me to choose between Terror in Resonance and Psycho Pass?! O.o

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

easily... I'm not the one picking them lol the order of things being recommended and @TheProfosist are

okay then lol also I find it funny alot of my reccomendations have been making it to the polls 

@TheProfosist O.o you monster! but you have good tastes.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

okay then lol also I find it funny alot of my reccomendations have been making it to the polls 

@TheProfosist O.o you monster! but you have good tastes.

if it was just on order of the list it would have been Brynhildr in the Darkness and Psycho-Pass but for some reason he skipped Brynhildr in the Darkness more then likely because it is similar in someway to another anime in the list so the one under it was Terror in Resonance

Damn, I really quite liked the Terror in Resonance, but I also hold Psycho-Pass pretty close to me as I love it too.. Quite the hard choice, I really like TiR's stry and characters along with awesome action scenes, but I like pretty much the same thing in Psycho-Pass.. I was going to cut it down to the soundtracks, but both have pretty strong ones, but I'm going to possibly give the edge to Psycho-Pass.. (I think it wins out of prejudice more than anything else but I do like the soundtrack a little more)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society