COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

Pfizer is testing a potential "cure" for COVID19, a pill you can take at home that stops the virus from replicating in your airways ... so a medication that stops the people infected with COVID from getting their lungs infected (one of the big side effect of COVID), and it also helps to stop spreading the virus as it won't be in aerosols or droplets.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/world/pfizer-is-testing-a-pill-that-if-successful-could-become-first-ever-home-cure-for-covid-19

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

Pfizer is testing a potential "cure" for COVID19, a pill you can take at home that stops the virus from replicating in your airways ... so a medication that stops the people infected with COVID from getting their lungs infected (one of the big side effect of COVID), and it also helps to stop spreading the virus as it won't be in aerosols or droplets.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/world/pfizer-is-testing-a-pill-that-if-successful-could-become-first-ever-home-cure-for-covid-19

This in combination with vaccines could be excellent news if it turns out to be viable. I wonder what the expected turn around time is from when you take the pill to when it kicks in.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

26 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

This in combination with vaccines could be excellent news if it turns out to be viable. I wonder what the expected turn around time is from when you take the pill to when it kicks in.

Apparently this has sparked discussion about forced treatments ; in Canada tuberculosis has to be treated, if a patient refuses treatment, they can be sent to jail and can be forced to be treated. While COVID19 isn't as dangerous, with the scale of the pandemic and the variants being more contagious and dangerous, some are wondering if COVID should be added to the forced treatment law when (or if) a treatment like this becomes reality.

Personally wasn't aware this was the case until I heard about it this morning, but I looked into it and yeah, tuberculosis treatments are required by law.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/man-faces-jail-for-refusing-tb-treatment-1.218358

I hope India gets the help they need. Really depressive stories have bombarded my news feed from them recently. 

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/us-covid-19-assistance-en-route-to-new-delhi/article34436031.ece

Supplies and assistance to help India battle a second COVID-19 wave began making their way from the United States on Wednesday, April 28, 2021, with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) announcing that the “world’s largest military aircraft” had left Travis Air Force Base in California for New Delhi.

The aircraft is carrying supplies that included 440 oxygen cylinders donated by the State of California, 100,000 N95 masks and 960,000 rapid diagnostic tests, USAID said. The agency is procuring 1,000 oxygen concentrators and said it had sent over $23 million in assistance to India since the start of the pandemic.

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/indias-coronavirus-infections-cross-18-million-2021-04-29/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Today's vaccinations had to be delayed due to security concerns regarding those idiots.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/thousands-protest-covid-19-health-measures-in-montreal

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Got my second pfizer shot, no side effects.  As someone who's been misdiagnosed 80% of the time by arrogant medical staff (some of whom I tutored for), I still recommend getting the shot if you can.  A reminder to those who love drama:  "Experts" aren't "Biomedical Research Scientists", and a vast majority of doctors do not have doctorate degrees (PhD's), nor are they scientists.  Many do not even take the physician's oath, and those who do have their medical licenses constantly under threat by corporations for trying to treat their patients.  If you've had the shot, consider donating your plasma, because it can save someone's loved one (A mother, father, or child); Covid antibody treatments are still used in emergencies.

Awareness notes:
Fearmongering is a very profitable business, be careful of the convincing "information" you digest, because it is often wrong or misleading.  The first thing you learn in statistics 101 is how to lie with them.

Afraid of the long term side effects of a vaccine?  Remember this: "You can always count on state greed."; irreparably harming everyone would mean no tax revenue.

If you're immune compromised (like much of my family), there is a wealth of delivery services to take advantage of, including for groceries.  Also the sooner you are vaccinated, the less likely any contact you have with family will result in an infection.  The danger isn't removed, but it is lessened, because there will always be a danger, which is all the more reason to donate your plasma if you can brave the needle.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

May 10th registration for 30-34 YO.

Yay.

Hopefully there are vaccine passports, I've heard from a lot of people that this would pretty much guarantee their compliance.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:00 PM, JZStudios said:

Yes. It's an untested vaccine that could have major repercussions down the line which also does the same thing, except now to perfectly healthy people. Given the numbers of people having serious health issues, including death, directly related to the vaccine for something that most people get without even knowing they're infected isn't my cup of tea. But you can go for it.

I'm not against vaccines, I'm against untested vaccines that are hospitalizing people.

I'm not responding any more because I'm 100% sure this forum won't tolerate my wrongthink.

That argument applies for literally every single piece of medication that hasn't been available for more than a typical human lifespan; even with longer testing periods, if you test your vaccine for n years you still have no way of knowing for sure that problems won't pop up after n + 1 years.

You're ultimately running into the limits of actual science here: it is not possible to disprove that problems will happen after n years, just that it doesn't occur (or doesn't occur in significant amounts) in n - 1 years.

Ultimately, COVID is killing many people now and the vaccine is not (or at least not more than a handful of people), so giving out a vaccine is not unwarranted from a risk-reward perspective.

Besides, most later-in-life issues relating to hazardous compounds typically occur as a result of repeat/regular exposure, whether that be smoking, radiation or other compounds. When something is toxic enough to be problematic after one or two exposures (eg poison, massive radiation doses,, heavy smoke) it typically manifests rather quickly (and would have during clinical trials).

You can also take solace that there are multiple viable vaccines out there, based on different tech. And ultimately, one can trust that those developping these vaccines have some amount of experience in the matter.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Here posting at 3am my time and in a few hours I will have dental work done.

I got my first dose of the Pfizer in early April. Just got my second dose on cinco de mayo. 

First dose had made me dizzy. That’s all.

2nd dose also made me a little dizzy but it went away. Fast forward to 11pm and one of the side effects I got was the chills. I had tremors from how cold I felt so I wrapped myself up in blankets and then fell asleep.

that brings us to now. Woke up with a severe migraine. By far the worst migraine I ever had. I took some ibuprofen and it’s help remove some of the pain, but I can feel it with bright light at the current moment. 

my mother had a headache with hers

my older brother said his second dose made him feel sleepy and tired. 

even though my head is killing me, I’d still get one if I hadn’t already. Unless you have severe reactions to vaccinations, get the vaccine. It’s free (in the US). You’ll be helping building herd immunity. It’s sad that we live in a time where vaccines work so well that people doubt they do something. 

(sorry mods if the paragraphs are making the post long, if they are I can edit it later, I have a hard time reading with dyslexia and when I when I have pain from migraines it makes it even harder to read when things aren’t spaced out)

Got my second dose today. My arm hurts like hell but at least Im good now. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

Which one did you get again?

The Pfizer one. So far so good. My dad and mom both had very mild side effects, mostly just a headache. I thus far have been fine with the exception of a sore arm. 

On 4/26/2021 at 7:01 AM, JZStudios said:

Unpopular opinion, rushed and non-long term tested vaccines are usually not a great option, and if you do get health issues developed because of it (Which is happening despite what people here are saying) they're exempt from and financial recompense.

It's up to you, but given how effective they claim it is, yet you still can't do anything because you still spread it somehow leads me to believe it won't matter much whether you do or not until this actually eventually ends.

These vaccines are not rushed. They have been in development, and based upon prior research since February 2020. Prior research had been done on previous coronavirus models, including SARS and MERS since 2011, including selection of the antigen, adjuvant and vector - much of it demonstrated in the quickly-made Sinovac (not sure of the name sorry - the Chinese-made vaccine). 

mRNA vaccines are relatively new, but its technology has been around for decades. Especially the Pfizer vaccine has proven to be extremely safe and tolerable, with success in providing immunity. 

Don’t think of it like you pass it to someone or you won’t pass it to someone. Think of it like this:

- When you have a vaccine, your body learns to fight the virus

- If you do not have the vaccine, your body has to learn to fight the virus on-the-go. This can lead to severe complications and potentially unsuccessful immunity - known as antigenic sin - this is where your body fight the wrong part of the virus, that may be mutated on a different strain, so you don’t actually have proper immunity. 

- When your body knows how to fight the virus properly, clearance of the virus is rapid - maybe a few days to a week. 

- The less time your body takes to clear the virus, the less time the virus has replicating inside your body. The less viral load your body has, and importantly - less time to spread the virus.

- Crucially, symptoms will not be as severe, so stuff like coughing or sneezing, which will spread the virus, will most likely not occur, or will only persist for a small period. 

Viruses are transmitted by vectors - which in this case are humans. The less vectors the virus has, the less it will persist in a population. Using a vaccine is much like putting oil on ponds / lakes in countries with malaria - the mosquitos cannot survive and therefore cannot spread the virus. There is no vector for malaria - the mosquito is a key part of the reproduction cycle for the parasite. When you take a vaccine you are eliminating the vector for COVID-19 - humans are key for the reproductive cycle of the virus, when the virus cannot replicate in our bodies due to immunity, the spread stops. 

Earliest I could get is May 20th, now that I can register. 

Seems it's going to be the Pfizer. Don't care either way. 

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Why couldn't you register before?

Age, they're lowering the age for registration every few days. Now it's 30yo+ if I'm not mistaken.

Wife and I already have our reservations for our shots, not at the same time because we were not in the same age group because of a few years difference.

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

*snip*

Yeah, every state has it's own problems and challenges, here they want as much people on their 1st shot, so they're pushing the second shot as far as possible (120 days now ?)

9 hours ago, Benji said:

Why couldn't you register before?

Yup, same as me, then. I was a little concerned about maybe getting AstraZeneca (I know the likelihood of anything happening is extremely low, but let's face it, it still does leave some sort of aftertaste), but I would've also gotten that should my gastroenterologist have gotten AstraZeneca instead of the BioNTech/Pfizer one. Let's see if I'll develop some symptoms or side effects after getting it on Wednesday. My assumption would be 'no' because I've never had any side effects from any vaccine I've ever taken, so there's that.

You'll probably get soreness at the injection site. I almost never have that from shots but had it for a day from both of the Pfizer/Biontech injections. Whether you get other side effects seems a crapshoot though. Mine were pretty mild, light headache night of first injection ~8 hours after so I went to sleep a little early and that was it, light fever and some chills for 4 or 5 hours the morning after my second shot. But my brother got a 39C fever the day after both times. Though he had a kind of nasty but not critical case of COVID back in December.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Here, they're only lowering the age with the priority groups. There's the priority group one which is age 80+ and medical field, then there's age 70+ with people that take care of elder people and so on and then there's age group 60+ with a few other people (like me with the autoimmune disease). I've heard that everyone is soon going to be able to get vaccinated with AstraZeneca once they're above 16, even though they're not a priority group. But due to the hysteria around the thrombosis, a lot of doctors are complaining that people don't even want the AstraZeneca, so that "vaccination turbo" that the German state wants really isn't going to work that well apparently. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is Germany just not getting many doses or do you have lots of people hesitant to take the Biontech/Pfizer shot? In the US most people who want to be vaccinated have been so you can just get the shots with no planning now. Makes me mad as fuck seeing so many vaccine deniers killing our path to herd immunity and seeing all these vaccines get wasted.

36 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You'll probably get soreness at the injection site. I almost never have that from shots but had it for a day from both of the Pfizer/Biontech injections.

I found the second shot worse when it came to pain. Got the shot Saturday and today Monday the arm feels fine. So glad I didn’t get any of the other side effects. 

On 4/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Which % of these deaths were vaccinated?

17 hours ago, Benji said:

The likelihood on Comirnaty (BioNTech/Pfizer's name currently in the EU) is "more than 80%" for pain on injection site to appear. Let's see. I'll definitely write in here how my experience has been once I've gotten the first shot and waited a few days.

I had my first shot of Pfizer 12 weeks ago, got my second shot in 2 days while my mum had her first shot 2 days before me and had her second shot yesterday.

She was pretty ill within hours of getting her first shot and spent a day in bed. She told me that she was dizzy and felt sick but it didn't last too long and after she had slept for the night she was totally fine.

My experience was very different, I had my first shot on a Thursday evening and for the next day I was totally fine (didn't even know I had it tbh) but when I woke up on Saturday morning a felt like I had not slept for days and for the entire day I was falling asleep constantly. I didn't feel poorly in any way, just VERY tired. Apparently tiredness is a common side effect.

I just spoke to my Mum about an hour ago, she said her arm aches like she's been punched by Mike Tyson but she hasn't felt unwell at all this time.

I have my jab at 15:30 on Thursday so after I've had it I'll be sure to leave another reply.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, Nacht said:

There been vaccinated death's already from new covid variants

Sources ?

11 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Just delete my post cos i am not in the mood to look for sources right now, anyway people have died in belgium that been vaccinated including the Netherlands.

You don't need to find those sources right this moment, but it is common courtesy to include sources when posting new information - particularly if that information is controversial or contradictory to the established information.

I'd be curious to know how soon they died after getting injected? Almost certainly the vaccine simply hadn't kicked in yet, or they might have been hit with a variant far more deadly than the common variant.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Just delete my post cos i am not in the mood to look for sources right now, anyway people have died in belgium that been vaccinated including the Netherlands.

...If a news article, from a legit outlet, that is basically 'Patient dies of COVID-19 despite being vaccinated' that hard that 'You have to be in a mood for it', I wonder if it exists at all...

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

yeah my concern with all the vaccines, is some of the mutations and the seriousness in india.

hopefully we can stop an outbreak of a new "super covid".

Wear masks when needed, and get some sunshine or the needed vitamins.

As there has been some talk around vitamin D and its response as an hormone.

Might not help everyone, but some that are low in it should take it, like for example darker skin or in less sunny areas.

The talk about suppliments added in foods, depend on country and were its added.

0% -  15% improvements it could make, more tests needed.