COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
21 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

A few years ago they started selling automatic soap dispensers in our supermarkets (the type you but your hand under and they pump it) which is fine, I don't have an issue with those.

In the marketing though they were saying everyone should have one because hand soap dispensers get touched by people with everything on their hands and get really dirty.

But I'm dispensing hand soap so I can wash my hands 🤔

I mean, there is some logic to the "soap dispensers get touched by people" thing - but it's actually moreso the tap itself and the drying method that is the larger concern.

If you wash your hands, but then you touch the tap to turn it off - if that tap is contaminated with something, you've more or less just negated the washing portion. Same goes with a paper towel dispenser or air dryer that requires touching.

This is why you often see a lot of newer facilities going touchless sensors for the whole process: tap, soap, dryer/paper towel dispenser. Or the dispenser is designed in such a way that you only ever touch (and tear off) the part of the paper towel you'll use. And then another fresh piece is dispensed for the next user.

In most situations, it's likely overkill (doesn't hurt though). Even in COVID, the odds of surface transmissions are pretty low frankly - but still possible.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The best incentive to get a vaccination is prevention of severe illness, long term symptoms, and death.

But nah

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Had to reschedule 1st dose a week later because of work.

Some politicians over here argued for 4-hour PTO to get vaccinated. Goddamn'ed commies.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

7 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

but I would think some of these solutions might strengthen their fears too?

People will always find something to blame even if there’s a monetary incentive or none. Fear mongering for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have existed ever since last year with some thinking that these will cause human genome modification which is quite false. 

6 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

And why is the vaccine some sort of bad and dangerous thing ? Their replies to this have yet to make sense or be based in reality.

Blame it all on the likes of Andrew Wakefield. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Hold up!  Hold up!  Krispy Kreme Canada isn't giving free donuts to vaccinated people!?  It's just a US thing!?

spacer.png

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

Word on the street is Michigan’s mask mandate is going to be lifted in the next week. This is going to be interesting. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Waiting for my shot, getting the Pfizer one. Also got my appointment for the 2nd shot, it's in September !!!!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Got my first dose of Pfizer.

All it did was make my arm sore for ~24 hours.

Plus my sister was on the news because she was the first 12-15 year old in our area to get vaccinated!

elephants

Damn, people are getting their shots early. 

Where I live they're considering reshuffling the age at which you're eligible for the vaccine. Currently, it's oldest to youngest, but now it might switch to youngest to oldest. 

Either way I'm pretty much stuck in the middle, and I can't expect my first shot until the end of August and my last shot some time in November.

The government have floated the idea of offering both the AstraZeneca and J&J vaccines on a volunteer basis. If that becomes a reality I'll see if I can jump on that opportunity.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

@FakeKGBinb4 you get doxxed for that info

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Good luck tracking it down amidst all the others 🙂

Even if so, the accuracy will at best, a country, maybe a province/state?

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Just now, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Even if so, the accuracy will at best, a country, maybe a province/state?

Actually, someone could accidentally stumble on my last name. It's no secret that I live near Chicago, Illinois.

elephants

Pleasing to see Massachusetts finally making good progress towards getting everyone vaccinated, even with our awful rollout and us being the last fucking state to allow everyone to be vaccinated.

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Waiting for my shot, getting the Pfizer one. Also got my appointment for the 2nd shot, it's in September !!!!

Weirdly, I'll be gearing up to get a third shot by that point. At this point I'm not sure if being on the clinically vulnerable list is a blessing or a curse?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Time for a weekly meme post...

Yesterday the UK hit a memeology milestone, 69.0% of adults here have now had at least 1 covid jab.

59qbym.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

16 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

Good luck tracking it down amidst all the others 🙂

Well it should be quite easy.

i have seen woke twitter trash doxx someone in under 10 minutes without any known information other than a few tweets.

The first ** year old  being vaxxinated in your area being on the news is often enough info for people to Doxx you. better remove or edit your post

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Based Saskatchewan. This and SaskTel. ❤️

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

14 minutes ago, Eviljuche said:

Should I take the antibodies test? 

I was vaccinated (Gam-Covid-Vac also known as Sputnik-V) in February 1st, second shot at Feb 21st.

-snippo pippo-

So what do you think? Is antibodies testing worth the buck, or if I am immune nicely and should not care about this stuff at all?

So you got a bit of space in you, go sputnik!

You wouldn't need it, if it's for a personal reason.

Spoiler

Reports would be out if the vaccines work or not, and for about how long. (hopefully they give good reports from russia)

It really depends on how long these antibodies last, and on the virus evolution (hopefully doesn't matter to much), or what kind of type this vaccine is like and if your body has some issues with the immune system? For data gathering, more tests can be great. At most some are ready 2 shots for most of the vaccines? and maybe a yearly one like with the flue, if not we can "kill covid". which might become unlikely.

So, due to it's money and manufacturing, the United States held a massive head start on vaccinations over Canada.  They were at 25% with at least one shot while Canada was still trying to get to 10% and it was much worse than before.

...Today the US is seeing a progressive decline in vaccinations rates and Canada is steaming full speed ahead, and we're likely to surpass the US in percentage of the population with at least one vaccination by, er, end of day tomorrow?  Thursday at the latest.

Wild.

7 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

...Today the US is seeing a progressive decline in vaccinations rates and Canada is steaming full speed ahead, and we're likely to surpass the US in percentage of the population with at least one vaccination by, er, end of day tomorrow?  Thursday at the latest.

It's because most of the people who wanted the vaccine got it and the rest is mostly anti-vaxxers.

elephants

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

It's because most of the people who wanted the vaccine got it and the rest is mostly anti-vaxxers.

Obviously Canada will slow down at some point but I hope it's a far cry higher than when it happened in the US.

4 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Obviously Canada will slow down at some point but I hope it's a far cry higher than when it happened in the US.

In QC they announced at least 75% of the population has had at least one dose, or had an appointment for their 1st shot.

They announced today a timeline for reopening if those numbers stay true for the 2nd shot.

Just now, wkdpaul said:

In QC they announced at least 75% of the population has had at least one dose, or had an appointment for their 1st shot.

They announced today a timeline for reopening if those numbers stay true for the 2nd shot.

75% of Quebec's adult population, to be clear.  Those under 18 are not counted to get to 75%.

4 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

75% of Quebec's adult population, to be clear.  Those under 18 are not counted to get to 75%.

Exactly, though they are looking into 12+ vaccination in the hopes it can be done before next school year.

I'm skeptical about it, but hopeful ! Skeptical because I got my fist shot already, and my second shot is scheduled for September ... so I'm not sure how they would be able to get a vaccine drive for teens before September when most of the adult population won't have their second shot by then !

Edited by wkdpaul