COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Exactly, though they are looking into 12+ vaccination in the hopes it can be done before next school year.

I'm skeptical about it, but hopeful ! Skeptical because I got my fist shot already, and my second shot is scheduled for September ... so I'm not sure how they would be able to get a vaccine drive for teens before September when most of the adult population won't have their second shot by then !

I think we're all going to see the second shot dates moved up way earlier.  There's piles of piles of vaccine coming in, those original dates are just 'worst case scenario' dates really.  We have millions of dosages coming in this month still.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

1 minute ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

I think we're all going to see the second shot dates moved up way earlier.  There's piles of piles of vaccine coming in, those original dates are just 'worst case scenario' dates really.  We have millions of dosages coming in this month still.

Hopefully, yes.

They've setup a few "no appointments first come first served" vaccination drives already, and it worked really well, so they'll setup more and more of those and I'm sure that'll help with 2nd appointments.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

We sell take-home Covid test kits now in stores.

Over 60% of my city is now fully-vaccinated and it shows since we get about 100 positive cases per day.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Sad that scientist still have to do these types of research (proving that masks are effective at stopping COVID) ;

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2021/05/19/science.abg6296

Meanwhile in Quebec ;

5aerz5.jpg.75e4c9dff8fe4d8bb0942dd62fcdc320.jpg

Not kidding despite the meme ;

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-to-stretch-delay-for-second-vaccine-doses-to-four-months-up-from-three-1.5332749

Just now, Benji said:

Going great in Québec, I see?

Were you having any side effects after your first shot?

Only a sore arm for 2 days, and a headache on the first day

I just edited my post to add an article about it. Basically they did that to make sure to use as much of the vaccine they have for 1st doses, to have as much people as possible on the vaccine. It currently looks like it won't need to be that long, but they're not changing the timeline for now.

They're currently opening 'no appointments first come first serve' vaccinations. They are going to open a no-appointment drive-thru on the F1 race track in Montreal ;

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/mobile-drive-through-bike-through-vaccine-clinic-opens-at-circuit-gilles-villeneuve

24 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Sad that scientist still have to do these types of research (proving that masks are effective at stopping COVID) ;

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2021/05/19/science.abg6296

Meanwhile in Quebec ;

5aerz5.jpg.75e4c9dff8fe4d8bb0942dd62fcdc320.jpg

Not kidding despite the meme ;

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-to-stretch-delay-for-second-vaccine-doses-to-four-months-up-from-three-1.5332749

Surgical masks (your piece of cloth not so much) are useful up to the point they are misused, and by that point they are useless if not counter productive. And since almost everyone misuses them......

1 minute ago, Tomy Hoopa said:

And since almost everyone misuses them......

That would need to be proven. In my area it doesn't seem to be the case. Not saying that nobody is misusing them, but it's not the majority.

2 minutes ago, Tomy Hoopa said:

You do realize that America ≠ rest of the world, no offence but the rest of the world takes the mask mandate and social distancing more seriously than the US. So what happens in the US doesn't mean it's the same elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

You do realize that America ≠ rest of the world, no offence but the rest of the world takes the mask mandate and social distancing more seriously than the US. So what happens in the US doesn't mean it's the same elsewhere.

In the areas of Toronto, Canada I've been in, mask compliance has been pretty solid.  You see exceptions if course and idiots who leave their nose exposed, but this is numbers game, it's about pushing the averages down and it'll never be perfect.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

as seen with the anti-vaxx and others in the US for example, or mask... deniers.

Using a lot of weird stuff except masks, but then others have started to use lighter fabric that are useless and somehow that is counted as a mask.

I guess people have given up too, which a lot of the world have, in one way or another.

While you DON'T need a "medical masks" and that some even sold fake ones, you just need something that can block and take dropplets from the air.

Not all medical masks are that good either, and how to use a mask? so I can't use it as an hat?

2 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

In the areas of Toronto, Canada I've been in, mask compliance has been pretty solid.  You see exceptions if course and idiots who leave their nose exposed, but this is numbers game, it's about pushing the averages down and it'll never be perfect.

Yeah, same here in Montreal, it's rare to see someone not having a mask, but we do have our share of idiots ;

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/oka-provincial-park-party-evacuation-1.6033962

https://globalnews.ca/news/7744065/quebec-city-gym-400-cases-covid-19/

7 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I'm not american, in my European country these mandates weren't taken particularly seriously. Rates of infection and deaths per capita would suggest your statement to be at best half true.

Just now, wkdpaul said:

Yeah, same here in Montreal, it's rare to see someone not having a mask, but we do have our share of idiots ;

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/oka-provincial-park-party-evacuation-1.6033962

https://globalnews.ca/news/7744065/quebec-city-gym-400-cases-covid-19/

Even when I was in line to get vaccinated, which was outdoors, everyone was masked.  Though that's probably a very skewed sample.  This was before anyone under 39+ could get vaccinated but this popup had tweeted that 18+ was open that day.  So the entire line was 'keeners', people who were plugged into the information and very interested in getting vaccinated as soon as possible and were standing in line in the middle of a Wednesday to do it.  This would not be a sample of the 'Overall Average Canadian'.

1 minute ago, Tomy Hoopa said:

I'm not american, in my European country these mandates weren't taken particularly seriously. Rates of infection and deaths per capita would suggest your statement to be at best half true.

So mask mandates were not taken seriously in your country, that doesn't mean masks are counter productive. I know there are exceptions, but I assumed since you were posting US sources, that you were American. If you have a source that explains that misusing a mask is worse than not wearing one at all, I will gladly read it. But that survey isn't one (it explain that apparently Americans aren't educated about masks, but just a glance at what news comes out of the US makes that painfully evident).

1 minute ago, Suki-chan said:

Who else here is still gonna stick with masks post-mandate?

probably me

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

14 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

So mask mandates were not taken seriously in your country, that doesn't mean masks are counter productive. I know there are exceptions, but I assumed since you were posting US sources, that you were American. If you have a source that explains that misusing a mask is worse than not wearing one at all, I will gladly read it. But that survey isn't one (it explain that apparently Americans aren't educated about masks, but just a glance at what news comes out of the US makes that painfully evident).

I'm not sure where that "anti americanism" comes from, my experience in the EU mirrors the results from the survey. Misusing masks by repeatedly touching them (touching other things in the meantime), partially wearring them, sharring them, or re-using them excessively leaves them far less effective if not ineffective.

https://www.independent.co.ug/misused-facemasks-could-cause-more-infections-than-they-prevent/

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

probably me

Have a preferred style of mask?

2 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Im not gonna go act as if its gone until its actually gone.

+1,000,000,000 IQ.

I am likely in the 5% of the population where a typical surgical mask is a perfect fit for me.

Just now, Suki-chan said:

Have a preferred style of mask?

yes umm mostly lighter fabric masks cause they are more breath able but still protective

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

yes umm mostly lighter fabric masks cause they are more breath able but still protective

Yeah, totally understandable. I want to get a black surgical mask pack tho, as that would look more catgirl-like... ^~^