COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 hour ago, Benji said:

Which is perfect proof that a lot of what "natural" remedies offer are bullshit. Kind of like essential oils.

Well, three hours ago I got my first shot 🙂

I was really uncomfortable and panicked again even though vaccinations never bothered me. I have no idea why. But I didn't feel the injection anyway, so that's nice. Let's see about the potential side effects.

I also had to wait the 15 minutes to see if I'm alright and I obviously was and still am.

That's the funny thing, the vaccine needle is so painless you almost don't realize they've jabbed you. Mine was seemingly over in a split second. The sore arm was more of an issue (and that didn't take long to overcome).

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

You have to do that pretty much everywhere. Like I wrote before, I also had to sit there for 15 minutes.

exactly, they also do that with the flu shots, and any other vaccines (we did every time my daughter got hers).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Never had allergic reaction to anything other then spray to clean stove which opens my ears so much i hear my own breathing and voice fully distorted, which im sure anyone would have with same spray.

One should be careful with cleaning products, more so with sprays.

As like with covid, they can more go in the air unlike just pouring it on the stuff you are going to clean or diluted in water.

They have found various products like spray that can cause cancer and the like, just dont know how bad it is.

To how much more we might use spray products today for convenience sake.

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh, I didn't know that! Only the flu shot? I've never had to wait after any vaccination. The polio+three others combo vaccine didn't require that and my meningitis shot 13 years ago didn't either. 🤔

oh that's odd, we always had to wait for the flu shot here, there are even nurses that are assigned to keep an eye on people after they got their shot and keep an eye on time.

For my daughter's vaccines, it was more a "stay in the waiting room for 15 min and if everything is ok you can go" type of thing.

And we're still learning about the virus ;

Further evidence supports controversial claim that SARS-CoV-2 genes can integrate with human DNA

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/05/further-evidence-offered-claim-genes-pandemic-coronavirus-can-integrate-human-dna?utm_campaign=NewsfromScience

Oh right, got my first shot today.  30+ doesn't open up in Ontario till Monday, but a popup at a school, run by a hospital, tweeted out 'Anyone 18+, come on down while supplies last' so I and a million other Millennials and Zoomers ran down to get it. 2hrs in line in the middle of a work day but worth it.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

4 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Oh right, got my first shot today.  30+ doesn't open up in Ontario till Monday, but a popup at a school, run by a hospital, tweeted out 'Anyone 18+, come on down while supplies last' so I and a million other Millennials and Zoomers ran down to get it. 2hrs in line in the middle of a work day but worth it.

You sure it was not fake news? 😛

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

You sure it was not fake news? 😛

No, it was the hospitals official twitter account, blue checkmark and all, and there was real medical staff there. 😛

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Real real doctors or actors? 😉😛

How are you doing after the shot? Any side effects so far?

Which vaccine have you gotten?

I was given Moderna, it's been 18hrs and the only side effect is that the muscle of the injection site got sore about 3-4hrs in.  This is entirely normal for any vaccination.  Otherwise, no other side effects I can note.  I did however take ibuprofen once I got home and before bed, a pre-emptive measure as some have reported body aches and pains.

14 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Damn son! You got lucky there! I pre-registered but no appointment date yet.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Damn son! You got lucky there! I pre-registered but no appointment date yet.

It got posted to our work group chat and the boss just said 'Anyone who wants to go, go'. 🙂

Just had my second vaccine two hours ago..I have taken Pfizer

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 hour ago, Sir Asvald said:

Just had my second vaccine two hours ago..I have taken Pfizer

Also had my 2nd at 15:30 today, nothing to report yet. Not even a sore arm.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Also had my 2nd at 15:30 today, nothing to report yet. Not even a sore arm.

not before you get an atom disaster! The bomb will go off in 24h!

Also what is a Hoax is soap, many people are using too much soap and liquid soap dispensers are wasting money on giving you too much soap, and too much soap ruins people own immune system or rather breaking down their own body oils.

But always wash your hands though.

26 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

not before you get an atom disaster! The bomb will go off in 24h!

Also what is a Hoax is soap, many people are using too much soap and liquid soap dispensers are wasting money on giving you too much soap, and too much soap ruins people own immune system or rather breaking down their own body oils.

But always wash your hands though.

Antibacterial soap specifically might contribute to "ruining" your immune system, but I highly doubt overusing "regular" soap will contribute to that even a little bit. Using too much soap just wastes it. That's bad, yeah, but it's not bad for your health.

Soap isn't a hoax - but antibacterial soap might be.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Antibacterial soap specifically might contribute to "ruining" your immune system, but I highly doubt overusing "regular" soap will contribute to that even a little bit. Using too much soap just wastes it. That's bad, yeah, but it's not bad for your health.

Depends at what you work at, was overexaggerating a little bit 😛

And different people have different skin conditions and so on.

To the point of open wounds and a way for infections or other type of access.

7 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Depends at what you work at, was overexaggerating a little bit 😛

And different people have different skin conditions and so on.

To the point of open wounds and a way for infections or other type of access.

Okay but now you're talking about a different issue.

Yes some people can get dry skin from washing their hands too much (and "harsh" soaps definitely contribute to this). These people can generally manage that totally fine by using proper hand moisturizer.

As a person, it's your responsibility to make sure you're taking care of your body, and as such doing things such as moisturizing as needed, etc. As an employee, it's your responsibility to bring up health and safety issues with your employer, such as requesting getting special soap just for you, or changing the soap used in general.

That's a problem with using shit soap, not soap in general.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Soap isn't a hoax - but antibacterial soap might be.

A few years ago they started selling automatic soap dispensers in our supermarkets (the type you but your hand under and they pump it) which is fine, I don't have an issue with those.

In the marketing though they were saying everyone should have one because hand soap dispensers get touched by people with everything on their hands and get really dirty.

But I'm dispensing hand soap so I can wash my hands 🤔

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I’m finally scheduled to get a Covid vaccine. I hope the 5G radiation I emit will be stronger than a Femtocell which in turn give everyone cancer and turn all the friggin’ frogs gay. :old-tongue: 

Spoiler

/s

please don’t be a Kevin or a Karen, get vaccinated 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

It was nice walking along the boardwalk by the beach not wearing my mask. Only put one on when ordering food inside a restaurant. 

The US CDC announced people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 do not need to wear masks or practice social distancing indoors or outdoors, except under special circumstances.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-05-13-21/index.html

Edit: the Biden administration and CDC should make it more clear that you still need to wear masks on private/property businesses that still require them to be worn. Had some vaccinated customers who said they didn’t need to wear masks anymore because of what the President and CDC said.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

13 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

-snip-

Apparently some states are either offering free beer or $100 as an incentive for people to get vaccinated 

I guess the carrot and stick incentive model has its uses after all.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

Apparently some states are either offering free beer or $100 as an incentive for people to get vaccinated 

-snip-

I guess the carrot and stick incentive model has its uses after all.

Some offered a lottery as well, but I would think some of these solutions might strengthen their fears too?

Like, we blame it on these rich people to control everything and now they are going to offer us money or make us drunk to lure us into taking the vaccine? were is the microchips from elon and the lab? Were are the cameras? Were is superman?!

8 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Some offered a lottery as well, but I would think some of these solutions might strengthen their fears too?

Like, we blame it on these rich people to control everything and now they are going to offer us money or make us drunk to lure us into taking the vaccine? were is the microchips from elon and the lab? Were are the cameras? Were are superman?!

Exactly, already seeing conspiracy theorists saying all those incentives are proof that the GOV is trying to hide something ; "why else would they be so eager to give the vaccine to everyone?"

... to make sure what's happening in India doesn't happen here and to make sure we're back to some sort of normalcy ?

But they don't see that as reasonable apparently 🤷‍♂️ It's honestly rather puzzling to me that it HAS to be some sort of nefarious thing, WHY ? Isn't the 585k deaths in the US proof enough that it's real and not a fantasy ? And why is the vaccine some sort of bad and dangerous thing ? Their replies to this have yet to make sense or be based in reality.

47 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Exactly, already seeing conspiracy theorists saying all those incentives are proof that the GOV is trying to hide something ; "why else would they be so eager to give the vaccine to everyone?"

"So that everyone can spend money at Wonderland and Tim Hortons again and that those revenues can be taxed."
"No, no, that'd can't be it, it has to be something else."