COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Many other scientists have disputed that claim. It's not impossible per se, but it's highly unlikely because typically man-made viruses are fairly easy to identify.

They have found Virus's in Ice core samples taken from the arctic. At depths that had no oxygen. So that leads me to believe that global warming = Melted polar ice caps = new virus's being released. For all we know it got in to the food supply, maybe a fish or something. Some one ate that said fish and boom, pandemic. We have no way of knowing what's hiding in the polar ice caps. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 hours ago, Donut417 said:

An order is an order. Doesn’t matter if you sit in, carry out or do delivery. The business still makes money. Now what might need to change is that some restaurants might down size as they might not need as much space for tables and might not need as much staff. It’s call evolution, evolve or die. Restaurants here in Michigan seem to be doing OK, for the most part. 

But some won’t survive. However those businesses were likely struggling before all this shit happen. So COVID just gave them a valid excuse to shut down. 

It’s popping up on virtually every news channel now that they are going to defy the order.. I was lucky enough to experience some normalcy by dining inside my local pub I frequent at last weekend. They were at limited capacity and took our info to make it easier to contact trace.

Some restaurant owners have paid thousands of dollars out of pocket to arrange seating outside, buying the proper materials, etc.. Others aren’t as fortunate.

Gonna watch the future drama from the sidelines.

edit: law suits are already planned.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Quebec isn't doing well with new cases ;

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-reports-499-new-cases-of-covid-19-after-data-adjustment-1.5109006

The atlantic provinces have closed their borders (it's called the "Atlantic bubble" for those interested), while it does infringe on the Canadian constitution, a provincial supreme court ruling stated the benefit of the many outweight the benefit of a few ;

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/nl-travel-ban-supreme-court-decision-1.5727549

They don't have new cases, so it seems they're doing something right.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

Quebec isn't doing well with new cases ;

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-reports-499-new-cases-of-covid-19-after-data-adjustment-1.5109006

The atlantic provinces have closed their borders (it's called the "Atlantic bubble" for those interested), while it does infringe on the Canadian constitution, a provincial supreme court ruling stated the benefit of the many outweight the benefit of a few ;

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/nl-travel-ban-supreme-court-decision-1.5727549

They don't have new cases, so it seems they're doing something right.

Smart. There are rumors all over the place here (in Oregon) that California has closed it's borders, however, I found a notice on the California Highway Patrol's official website that they had NOT closed their borders. I think they should have.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

6 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

313 schools with at least one Covid case.

https://www.covidecolesquebec.org/liste-alphabtique

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

5 hours ago, Sarra said:

Smart. There are rumors all over the place here (in Oregon) that California has closed it's borders, however, I found a notice on the California Highway Patrol's official website that they had NOT closed their borders. I think they should have.

They won't because the president won't have it. Plus interstate commerce is governed by the Federal Government. Closing the border would also close it to commerce which would be illegal. With the way things are going currently, you better believe the Feds would be on that like a Fat Kid on a candy bar. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

They won't because the president won't have it. Plus interstate commerce is governed by the Federal Government. Closing the border would also close it to commerce which would be illegal. With the way things are going currently, you better believe the Feds would be on that like a Fat Kid on a candy bar. 

It's also very unlikely that borders would close due to wildfires.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

5 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

It's also very unlikely that borders would close due to wildfires.

Responding to both comments, here... I understand that it's Federal to close the borders, however, during a state of emergency, some of those powers are actually back in the hands of states. California could justify closing the borders during a pandemic, and let's just say, there was a short time during the fires here where they NEEDED to have shut the border down, but only temporarily. Basically, my company was asked to help with an emergency evacuation of persons with disabilities, but we had to divert and go take an alternate route because semi trucks were intentionally jamming up a road we needed to take to get to the evacuation pick up location. We still made it, but we were delayed by almost 15 minutes since we had to back up, block a road, and go down a different way.

The Federal Government has completely failed on this pandemic, and it's really starting to show. >_>

11 minutes ago, Sarra said:

California could justify closing the borders during a pandemic, and let's just say, there was a short time during the fires here where they NEEDED to have shut the border down, but only temporarily. Basically, my company was asked to help with an emergency evacuation of persons with disabilities, but we had to divert and go take an alternate route because semi trucks were intentionally jamming up a road we needed to take to get to the evacuation pick up location. We still made it, but we were delayed by almost 15 minutes since we had to back up, block a road, and go down a different way.

The Federal Government has completely failed on this pandemic, and it's really starting to show. >_>

The Federal government has all the power. Keep in mind, California is a ocean state which means ports for stuff to come thru. No way in hell the Feds will let them shut the boarder. Those supplies will come in regardless of what California wants. Plus how would they shut the boarder without federal approval? I dont think CHP man power to make it happen. The states National Guard troops could be Federalized at any time making them effective Federal Troops, under the command of their Commander and Chief. Doesn't matter how much DC fucks up, they are still the ones in charge. 

As much as I hate Semi Traffic, my area of metro Detroit is like the Trucking company and Warehouse capital of the US. Those truck drivers are keeping our economy moving. They are the heart of this nation, bringing important supplies to places that need them. And if you think truck traffic is bad, how about having a damned railroad stop a train, block the crossing for 20 mins while the fire department was stuck on the other side while your house burned down. That happened to a family in my community. Because the 2 fire stations out of 4 in operation are both on the East side of the rail road tracks. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The Federal government has all the power. Keep in mind, California is a ocean state which means ports for stuff to come thru. No way in hell the Feds will let them shut the boarder. Those supplies will come in regardless of what California wants. Plus how would they shut the boarder without federal approval? I dont think CHP man power to make it happen. The states National Guard troops could be Federalized at any time making them effective Federal Troops, under the command of their Commander and Chief. Doesn't matter how much DC fucks up, they are still the ones in charge. 

As much as I hate Semi Traffic, my area of metro Detroit is like the Trucking company and Warehouse capital of the US. Those truck drivers are keeping our economy moving. They are the heart of this nation, bringing important supplies to places that need them. And if you think truck traffic is bad, how about having a damned railroad stop a train, block the crossing for 20 mins while the fire department was stuck on the other side while your house burned down. That happened to a family in my community. Because the 2 fire stations out of 4 in operation are both on the East side of the rail road tracks. 

Trucks should keep going. But when the ONLY interstate through town is literally on fire, and the Highway Patrol simply closes the interstate at the closest off-ramps, and ALL of the traffic on the interstate ends up getting dumped onto main street and all of the surface streets, and THOSE are on fire as well, it means that you might end up doubling the number of people who need to evacuate, especially if the fire is unpredictable, and it's moving rapidly. Though, I would expect a County level closure, not a state level, but if the county borders another state, then it might be a temporary 'state entry closure'.

For some reasons, some people are still claiming that COVID isn't worse than the seasonal flu ... If only science agreed.

In the USA, the flu kills a few thousand people per YEAR ; source

While COVID has killed almost 200 000 people in 8 months (with stay-at-home orders, mandatory masks and social distancing in most areas, none of that was ever applied to seasonal flu) ; source

I'm interested in knowing how COVID isn't worse?

Edited by wkdpaul

2 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

The people they look up to lied to them and they still believe said lies.

The other issue with some of these people is, when presented with the numbers, they wave them off saying it's not accurate or even faked. It's one thing to be sceptical, it's another to disregard science when it doesn't fit their beliefs.

Science isn't about believing, not believing in gravity won't make you fly if you throw yourself off a roof. This is the same thing, a virus doesn't care about what you think.

I'm also hearing stuff about pneumonia, thing is, while pneumonia kills a lot more than the flu , it's still 4 times LESS per year, vs 8 months of COVID ;

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/pneumonia.htm

So, I'm not exactly sure why people are still claiming all those weird theories when we now have numbers that are quite clear about how dangerous and contagious it is.

Edit ;

Canadian data has the average death rate at around 6.5% ;

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html

It's not perfect because it varies with age group and location, but it's better than "it's not worse than the flu" statements. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by wkdpaul

38 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

So, I'm not exactly sure why people are still claiming all those weird theories when we now have numbers that are quite clear about how dangerous and contagious it is.

This would require some self-reflection, acknowledgement of deceit, etc. Some people find it easier to continue with whatever bullshit they were told/believe in rather than accepting the gravity of the situation and doing all the things that come along with that.

5 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

This would require some self-reflection, acknowledgement of deceit, etc. Some people find it easier to continue with whatever bullshit they were told/believe in rather than accepting the gravity of the situation and doing all the things that come along with that.

Agreed. There are also people that at first believed it was going to be way worse than it is - and rather than understand that it’s still very severe and dangerous, choose to believe the whole thing was a lie instead. 

It’s very frustrating to see people acting against their own interests. 

Most of them are simply selfish. “Me” people who don’t give a shit about others and don’t give a shit about anything unless it directly affects them. 

Some aren’t necessarily selfish, but just believe the conspiracies so badly that they think they are “helping the sheeple” by “exposing the truth”. It’s just sad for those. At least the selfish people have a (real, yet invalid) excuse for their behaviour. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

We are finding out tomorrow if we are going back into the strictest tier of resurrections. Plenty of drama, law suits, petitions, and rallies stacked up ..

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

4 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Holy crap 500.

Lanaudière but work in Montréal. 

Work in a college, wouldn't be suprised to see another closure. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Escanor said:

New hotspot forming in backyard of my city and they are just sleeping on it ☹ new recording being broken to here in the Netherlands, really getting scary now i don't care if it been less harmfull so far this summer, i fear for it to become even more lethal again during the winter.

There been about avg 1800 cases last week for 7 days yesterday 2223 cases, and now there hashtag trending that people ignore corona measures to stop the spread.

https://coronadashboard.government.nl/landelijk/positief-geteste-mensen

Page above has en language option right of website

To be honest, how often you see people wearing face mask here? Last Sunday I went to "teststraat" in Nijmegen. I saw three people wearing it, me included. Three out of like thirty people waiting for testing. Even the lady keeping the check list wasn't wearing one.

1 minute ago, Escanor said:

Yeah guess i have to lock my self up at home until there is a vaccine because no one wants to sacrifice little bit of freedom to protect others not even to give them a little more freedom.

I'm already in self-quarantine now. My test result is positive. :(

Just now, Escanor said:

Hope you recover fast, if personally been lucky i had both vitamine D shortage and bmi around 35 start of this year, both increase odds of ending up in IC by a lot.

Take care, my fellow countryman.

48 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

2nd wave in Quebec

You guys are on the second wave? We've been stuck on wave one for like 9 months in the US.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler