COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Joined Northern Cali and got our own local wildfire.  Air quality is shit but the masks originally for the coronavirus help somewhat. 

Not sure whats up with the State of California and fire but it seems to be an issue. You guys still under a drought? Be careful, 2020 is no joke, like Literally Friday our garage caught fire. 2020 is a bastard of a year. Be careful. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

11 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Not sure whats up with the State of California and fire but it seems to be an issue. You guys still under a drought? Be careful, 2020 is no joke, like Literally Friday our garage caught fire. 2020 is a bastard of a year. Be careful. 

We are experiencing a deadly heatwave this weekend. It was at 111F yesterday and in some places it reached to 120F on some people’s thermometers.

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Just now, PhantomJaguar77 said:

We are experiencing a deadly heatwave. It was a 111F and in some places it reached to 120F on some people’s thermometers.

You can always move here to Michigan. We generally dont get above 100 degrees in the Sumer. Though Winters can be tough. I have experienced winters where its so cold it cant snow, like -30. Ive also recall winters that we have had so much snow that you couldn't go any where safely, but some how had to figure out how to get to work. Cause metro Detroit stops for no one, not even Mother Nature. 

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

You can always move here to Michigan. We generally dont get above 100 degrees in the Sumer. Though Winters can be tough. I have experienced winters where its so cold it cant snow, like -30. Ive also recall winters that we have had so much snow that you couldn't go any where safely, but some how had to figure out how to get to work. Cause metro Detroit stops for no one, not even Mother Nature. 

I can’t give up our beaches. They’ve been a sanctuary since this pandemic started for something to do and to escape the heat.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I have experienced winters where its so cold it cant snow, like -30

-70F master race reporting :D

6 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Joined Northern Cali and got our own local wildfire.  Air quality is shit but the masks originally for the coronavirus help somewhat. 

did you guys not rake your forests again?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 hours ago, Arika S said:

did you guys not rake your forests again?

Fire grew from 500 acres to 10,000 acres in a single night, so nope. I’m avoiding going outside as much as I can. Air quality is bad enough even for non-high risk groups.

Government going to make an announcement tomorrow.

First reported case at the College I work at too. Was nice knowin' y'all.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/coronavirus-live-updates-quebecs-cases-have-inched-above-a-crucial-threshold/wcm/8fba4db4-93f0-4850-9be7-fa647162e515/

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

55 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/coronavirus-live-updates-quebecs-cases-have-inched-above-a-crucial-threshold/wcm/8fba4db4-93f0-4850-9be7-fa647162e515/

ehhh. Look at some of the states here in the US. As long as you stay vigilant and do the proper precautions, you should be fine. 

14 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Quebec has seemingly been disproportionally high compared to the rest of Canada since day one. Hell, Quebec has over 20,000 more cases than Ontario, despite Ontario having about 5 million more people in it.

People are getting complacent. Not just in Quebec, but everywhere. People didn't expect this to drag on for so long, so they're falling into old habits.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So, seeing how atrocious the air quality is on the entire west coast right now, and knowing the answer is impossible to know right now, how bad will this effect the spread of COVID? I'm wearing my mask still, but I KNOW that this smoke is damaging my lungs and making me more susceptible to infection, as it is with everyone else. Here's hoping it doesn't make an already super bad situation worse, but I'm pretty sure it will...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 9/8/2020 at 10:45 AM, dalekphalm said:

Quebec has seemingly been disproportionally high compared to the rest of Canada since day one. Hell, Quebec has over 20,000 more cases than Ontario, despite Ontario having about 5 million more people in it.

People are getting complacent. Not just in Quebec, but everywhere. People didn't expect this to drag on for so long, so they're falling into old habits.

Senior homes over here were a hellhole even before Covid. 

Infrequent bathing, poor food, mistreatment by orderlies. 

Usually a shocking dossier once in a while, government then pledges a few dollars there and there. Rinse and repeat. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 hours ago, Sarra said:

So, seeing how atrocious the air quality is on the entire west coast right now, and knowing the answer is impossible to know right now, how bad will this effect the spread of COVID? I'm wearing my mask still, but I KNOW that this smoke is damaging my lungs and making me more susceptible to infection, as it is with everyone else. Here's hoping it doesn't make an already super bad situation worse, but I'm pretty sure it will...

What about all the misplaced people who had to evacuate? I heard 10% of Oregon's population face evacuation. Wtf. That's a lot of moving around, so more opportunity for the virus to spread unfortunately. At the beginning when fires broke out here in southern CA, people had to stay in their own cars at evacuation centers. Wearing masks didn't matter.

Do you guys think this "pandemic" will make people wear masks for the rest of their lives? Fear? Social distancing?  Will it ever be the same?

45 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

Do you guys think this "pandemic" will make people wear masks for the rest of their lives? Fear? Social distancing?  Will it ever be the same?

No... why would it?

I mean, some people, perhaps. People that are hypochondriacs or extremely paranoid, maybe.

But eventually the virus will either be largely defeated in terms of a successful and effective vaccine, or it'll be managed via effective treatments.

If the former happens, then it'll basically just disappear outside of small isolated outbreaks. If the latter happens, it'll become more like the Flu in terms of how society treats it.

Why would you believe otherwise?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, oskar23 said:

To be honest, yeah. Governments and mainstream media around the world want to stretch this out for as long as possible, they want it to sound like you'll die tomorrow if you don't wear masks or social distance but anyone with a brain would know that it's complete nonsense. I think at the start we gave the governments the benefit of the doubt, but now it's gone on for far too long and more and more people are getting pissed off at the lack of common sense and direction. The resistance against it is growing day by day and people are starting to see through the bullshit, you don't need to have a degree in mathematics to know that the figures shown on TV are fudged. If things don't start changing soon and quickly, I can definitely see governments been overthrown and mainstream media channels getting defunded. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

15 minutes ago, 3 Lions said:

*snip*

Nonsense? Please, tell that to the 190 000 dead and their families in the USA where it's not taken seriously.

Also, I'm honestly curious as to why science is thrown out the window about COVID and vaccines?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

23 minutes ago, 3 Lions said:

To be honest, yeah. Governments and mainstream media around the world want to stretch this out for as long as possible, they want it to sound like you'll die tomorrow if you don't wear masks or social distance but anyone with a brain would know that it's complete nonsense. I think at the start we gave the governments the benefit of the doubt, but now it's gone on for far too long and more and more people are getting pissed off at the lack of common sense and direction. The resistance against it is growing day by day and people are starting to see through the bullshit, you don't need to have a degree in mathematics to know that the figures shown on TV are fudged. If things don't start changing soon and quickly, I can definitely see governments been overthrown and mainstream media channels getting defunded. 

Why would governments want to stretch it out for as long as possible? Having your economy collapse doesn't look good for your reelection prospects. The mainstream media doesn't have much incentive, either... it profits just as much from celebrity gossip and everyday political rows as it does non-stop pandemic coverage.

How are the figures fudged? Provide evidence, please. And no, the "it doesn't count as a death because they already had X" argument doesn't fly. I go by the Johns Hopkins data for worldwide info and my city's public health figures for local data, and both are trustworthy sources (as imperfect as data collection is).

And I think you're being hyperbolic when you say they claim "you'll die tomorrow." That's not what they're arguing. They're treating it as a serious disease because the effects can be severe even if you have a relatively mild case. I don't know about you, but I don't want to risk permanent heart damage just because I really want a night on the town.

A side note: while I wouldn't count on it happening anyway, media defunding only really matters in countries where government-funded media is a crucial source of news. A privately-held news outlet will keep going so long as it stays solvent.

44 minutes ago, 3 Lions said:

hot take

This virus is real.  All the damage it's causing... is real.  It's not being overblown.  It's people like you that this shit keeps getting prolonged.  People need to stop caring only about themselves and sticking their heads in the sand because they're inconvenienced by this shit.  It sucks.  But if we all worked together way earlier, like back in March, and stayed working together, we wouldn't be in this mess now.  

I've lost people to this virus, and people like you are why its only getting worse, because, "the gubment lying."

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Commodus said:

*snip*

His sources are conspiracy theorist on YouTube (and racist, second video the guy calls it the king flu ) ;

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1192295-covid-19-read-the-rules-before-replying/page/125/?tab=comments#comment-13987476

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/462957-3-lions/?status=275927&type=status

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

10 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Also, I'm honestly curious as to why science is thrown out the window about COVID and vaccines?

Well a report was published last-week which reveled that the UK government relied too heavily on science and that has cost us dear. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

His sources are conspiracy theorist on YouTube ;

Conspiracy therorists that tell the truth...

زندگی از چراغ

10 minutes ago, 3 Lions said:

Well a report was published last-week which reveled that the UK government relied too heavily on science and that has cost us dear. 

Can you post a link to this report please?

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Can you post a link to this report please?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-claimed-more-lives-because-22614740

زندگی از چراغ