COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

Holy frak, we might go back to the highest tier of restrictions. No way. We can't close shit down for a third time. So what my county leaders are trying to do is to yank out the case rates from local universities so it can be below 7.0%. Hacks. They're sending this request to the State capitol right now. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, Sarra said:

Falling apart? I think you mean 'fell apart'. They had mugshots of 7 people on the paper this morning who were arrested for looting, after the fires. Then the guy who knew a massive fire was roaring his way, so he ran out to the train tracks on the edge of town and lit another fire.

There's been 4 reported Arson fires here this summer. I don't know why. I suspect that people want the world to just END after dealing with Covid for 9 months.

Well dude, it could always get worse. So Id say its currently falling apart. We could always have Global Thermal Nuclear War. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Holy frak, we might go back to the highest tier of restrictions. No way. We can't close shit down for a third time. So what my county leaders are trying to do is to yank out the case rates from local universities so it can be below 7.0%. Hacks. They're sending this request to the State capitol right now. 

It's a double-whammy. COVID is spreading fast, then everyone breathes smoke like crazy, and then COVID spreads faster. Regardless, I'm not sure it will make much difference in the end. This is going to spread, and it's going to spread fast, and people are going to die from it. The injury from smoke on the lungs is going to bump the mortality rate up, but probably not by very much, I'd wager.

39 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Well dude, it could always get worse. So Id say its currently falling apart. We could always have Global Thermal Nuclear War. 

I'd rather die fast, instead of slowly, while suffering in incessant smoke, surrounded by idiots. Nuclear War doesn't sound terrible.

I'm obviously frustrated. A lot of people here are. But it kinda feels like our government just doesn't care, they're going through the motions to shut us up, instead of actually caring, instead of caring about why this happened in the first place, and people here are getting fed up with it.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Well, for the US atleast, we managed to start and engage in exactly 0 wars for the last few years.  Even managed to help bring about a peace agreement in the Middle East recently! 😀

Anyone else tired of hearing about Li-Meng Yan?

0 % credible.

Chinese definitely cooking up their numbers tho.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

12 hours ago, Sarra said:

It's a double-whammy. COVID is spreading fast, then everyone breathes smoke like crazy, and then COVID spreads faster. Regardless, I'm not sure it will make much difference in the end. This is going to spread, and it's going to spread fast, and people are going to die from it. The injury from smoke on the lungs is going to bump the mortality rate up, but probably not by very much, I'd wager.

We were rejected by the State to not include Covid case rates from local universities. Hard-working San Diegans having to close their businesses again from a cluster of selfish college students is f*cking stupid. Multiple restaurants are already taking a stance to not close if they will be forced to again.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

20 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Multiple restaurants are already taking a stance to not close if they will be forced to again.

No reason for restaurants to shut down when carry out and delivery are a thing. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

No reason for restaurants to shut down when carry out and delivery are a thing. 

Yeah the rent/lease here is through the roof. Can’t survive on that.

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

State/Government should’ve offered to buy out businesses that would be most affected (namely restaurant and bars). Small businesses owner receives capital to start again later on while also receiving unemployment, and the State has a relatively fixed (albeit high up-front) cost vs constantly supporting shuttered businesses for an undetermined period, while simultaneously reducing the need to defy orders. Or the current situation of letting these small businesses take the fall with little aid. 

At the end of the Pandemic, I am expecting the dining/entertainment industry to start pricing in the risk of running a “non-essential” business, given that they’re likely the first to get the axe should such an event occur again. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

An order is an order. Doesn’t matter if you sit in, carry out or do delivery. The business still makes money. Now what might need to change is that some restaurants might down size as they might not need as much space for tables and might not need as much staff. It’s call evolution, evolve or die. Restaurants here in Michigan seem to be doing OK, for the most part. 

But some won’t survive. However those businesses were likely struggling before all this shit happen. So COVID just gave them a valid excuse to shut down. 

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

State/Government should’ve offered to buy out businesses that would be most affected (namely restaurant and bars). Small businesses owner receives capital to start again later on while also receiving unemployment, and the State has a relatively fixed (albeit high up-front) cost vs constantly supporting shuttered businesses for an undetermined period, while simultaneously reducing the need to defy orders. Or the current situation of letting these small businesses take the fall with little aid. 

At the end of the Pandemic, I am expecting the dining/entertainment industry to start pricing in the risk of running a “non-essential” business, given that they’re likely the first to get the axe should such an event occur again. 

The federal government did a payment protection program but of course giant company’s like Ruth’ s Chris bullied in and took a lot while small businesses were left in the dust.

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

23 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

The federal government did a payment protection program but of course giant company’s like Ruth’ s Chris bullied in and took a lot while small businesses were left in the dust.

Not to mention the lack of nationwide lockdown put larger scale chains at an unnatural advantage over local businesses. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The State and National government is still under the illusion that "sometime soon", we'll go back to "normal", and all of these lockdowns will just be a memory. However, "normal" is already impossible due to people having already run out of money, so it's all just a huge joke.

12 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Anyone else tired of hearing about Li-Meng Yan?

I've never heard of her before. Apparently she's one of the ones that claims the virus is man-made.

Many other scientists have disputed that claim. It's not impossible per se, but it's highly unlikely because typically man-made viruses are fairly easy to identify.

Let's say that she's right, and the Chinese Government did intentionally release the virus? To what end? How would China benefit from that? Their economy got fucked just as hard as any other countries - worse, in fact (particularly between like February and April) then most countries.

So what's the goal here? China is already an authoritarian government. They already have complete control over all aspects of Chinese life, including the economy, social aspects, etc. They don't need the virus to "control" the people, because they already do.

So what - they use it as a way to attack other countries, like the west (US in particular)? Why? What benefit? The US is China's biggest customer. All this did was kick the US's economy straight in the balls, which means the US can buy less Chinese goods.

This doesn't help China there, it hurts them.

So what other reason?

Logically, there's no reason why any government (outside of say, North Korea) would intentionally release this kind of virus on the world - let alone it's own citizens. There's no benefit.

So, at best, even if it was man-made (which I'm very much not convinced), only a literal "cartoon evil" caricature "Bad Guy" would do such a thing. So at best, it might have been some rogue terrorist action.

Which also has no evidence to support it, and makes even less sense.

So logically, the virus was therefore not man-made, and not intentionally released.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If this virus was engineered, then it would have cost billions of dollars to do so. Engineering viruses is extremely expensive.

Considering the theory that this virus was man-made (engineered), and intentionally released:

It cost BILLIONS of dollars for the Chinese government to create a virus, which when released, had a roughly 1% mortality rate.

That's an EXTREMELY BAD ROI (Return On Investment). Anthrax, when weaponized, had a much higher mortality rate (I can't seem to find this specifically, for some reason). But, then, they also made a vaccine, of which there doesn't look like there is one for COVID.

I'm extremely skeptical of this being an intentional release. I'm extremely skeptical of this being an engineered virus.

The most simple, and most probable, reason for COVID is that someone in a Wuhan fish market sold infected bats, which were able to transmit the virus to a human, whom then became infectious and spread it around the world through subsequent infections in the local community.

2 hours ago, Sarra said:

we'll go back to "normal",

Yeah I have a feeling we will have to develop a new normal. This is a history changing event. 

Oh, my bad. Got ill since last Friday. Called the family doctor. Told to stay at home unless the symptoms are severe.

Still have dry cough but at least the fever is down now. Try to make an appointment for a COVID-19 test. Must have call 30 times the last three days. The hot line is always "We're too busy now. Please call back 30 min later." All the "supposed" drive-in testing are only with appointment now. After more than half a year, the Dutch government still has no enough capacity for testing.

Must get a test or self-quarantine for 10 days before going back to work. My neighbor is helping with grocery. I hope it's just a cold.

25 minutes ago, Deli said:

Oh, my bad. Got ill since last Friday. Called the family doctor. Told to stay at home unless the symptoms are severe.

Still have dry cough but at least the fever is down now. Try to make an appointment for a COVID-19 test. Must have call 30 times the last three days. The hot line is always "We're too busy now. Please call back 30 min later." All the "supposed" drive-in testing are only with appointment now. After more than half a year, the Dutch government still has no enough capacity for testing.

Must get a test or self-quarantine for 10 days before going back to work. My neighbor is helping with grocery. I hope it's just a cold.

Hang in there man! Hope it's just a cold too - though colds rarely have fever associated with them. The Flu is another possibility. I would keep trying with that test. Better to know for sure. It's annoying, but keep calling the hotline

<Removed>

Edited by Spotty
Removed quote of deleted post

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Downplaying the situation is just gonna make things worse. If you need an example of that, look no further than the United States. We're the only country still in the first wave!

Thread cleaned. If you believe COVID-19 is a hoax or not an issue then you have no reason to post here. Don't stir up trouble amongst those who are trying to discuss it seriously.

For everyone else, don't argue with people who think it's a hoax. You're never going to convince them otherwise and all you're going to do is cause further disruptions.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Nowak said:

Downplaying the situation is just gonna make things worse. If you need an example of that, look no further than the United States. We're the only country still in the first wave!

More of select states. Michigan is doing well last I heard. But our governor has been on top of it. You know she has when people are complaining that she's a fascist dictator. I personally feel she's doing a great job. Most of the issue in the US is we dont have a unified response. Its more likely every state is doing what they want to do. The Federal Government has chosen to stay out of the situation for the most part.  While I understand that not all states would have to go to some of the extremes that Michigan has gone thru, mainly due to population density and such. All states should have at least had a plan and executed it. Im fairly certain that some states didn't do anything till it was too late. At the end of the day the US will get thru this, some how some way. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

More of select states. Michigan is doing well last I heard. But our governor has been on top of it. You know she has when people are complaining that she's a fascist dictator. I personally feel she's doing a great job. Most of the issue in the US is we dont have a unified response. Its more likely every state is doing what they want to do. The Federal Government has chosen to stay out of the situation for the most part.  While I understand that not all states would have to go to some of the extremes that Michigan has gone thru, mainly due to population density and such. All states should have at least had a plan and executed it. Im fairly certain that some states didn't do anything till it was too late. At the end of the day the US will get thru this, some how some way. 

Massachusetts is doing better as well, but I can't attend my grandfather's funeral when he goes because Florida's doing exceptionally poorly.

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

If you believe COVID-19 is a hoax or not an issue then you have no reason to post here.

I know this isn't directed at me but I would like to say a few things. I have never once claimed that COVID-19 is a hoax and never will...

Is there something out there? Yes

Has it killed people? Yes 

Will more people die? Yes (unfortunately)

But that doesn't mean to say I have to agree with the mandatory restrictions put on us by the government. These restrictions massively intrude on people's freedoms, they cause mental harm to people and cripple the economies of many countries. In an ideal world, things like mask wearing would be voluntary which would mean people decide their own fate. This hasn't happened though because governments can't control people for voluntary advice, they can however control people through mandatory rules.

The mainstream media also play an evil role in this endeavour, MSM continue to push 'Project Fear' down our throats and will say anything no matter how false it could be in the hopes it scares the living crap out of people causing them to obey the restrictions. These evil tactics have sadly brainwashed many people around the world to the point that they're no longer making rational decisions and will accept anything.

At the end of the day, all of this unrest could've been avoided if governments used common sense rather than hugely exaggerated science. Many governments simply don't want to admit that they made mistakes and are now throwing their aggression towards us, the people who make the country an actual country.

I'm sick of getting mugged off by people. Getting called every name under the sun by people who think they know better than me, just because I'm voicing my personal honest opinions. It's not on. If you've got a problem with my opinions, before you type any old crap knock yourselves down a few pegs and come back down to reality. Do some simple research online before you call me (or anyone else who agrees with me for that matter) a 'selfish evil creature'. I want nothing more than to proved wrong. I want all of you who support the COVID-19 restrictions to say "told you 3 Lions, you was wrong" but at the moment you're not proving me wrong, you're proving me right. So why shouldn't I be allowed to voice my opinions? 

That's all I've got to say on the matter. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

"hugely exaggerated science" isn't a thing. As the virus progressed and virologists and other doctors learned about transmission paths and other things, recommended steps have changed slightly. There are people still not doing the most basic of things like wearing masks when necessary and social distancing, even though those are well-established protocols at this point. I poo-poo'd some of it in the beginning, but I can admit I was wrong in my view many months back.

Yes, people are suffering badly, I have friends that are in very bad shape mentally because they've gone hard in terms of cleaning things and distancing themselves from the world. I've seen/communicated in person with basically three people in the last 6 months, three, and I'd be lying to say it wasn't wearing on me just floating between my two-person office and my household day in and day out. But in the end it's worth the effort if it keeps me, my family, and my friends as safe as possible.

I'm a rootin-tootin Texan, a believer in individual liberty and rights, but I will be the first person to tell anyone that it's worth bending a bit and staying safe right now, even if it feels like an infringement to your liberties. Everyone can kick back and grumble about it later on, right now we have to make it through this. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

So logically, the virus was therefore not man-made, and not intentionally released.

Just ignored, and the behaviours of the ccp don't help

Though same goes for most of other governments

Anyway what was the website where you could track and see if a mask was legit by putting in their code?