COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
12 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

You guys are on the second wave? We've been stuck on wave one for like 9 months in the US.

lol

yeah, we were down to single digit new cases per day... now we're back to 500+ new cases per day, in a small province (population wise VS the US). :(

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Are you specifically talking about Québec or all of Canada?

Baiscally it looks like a disaster all over the world with the increasing case numbers right now, Germany is also at least at 1000+ cases per day, France (our neighbours to the southwest) are even at 10000+ per day, that's really extreme. Within the last 13 days (Sep 7- Sep 21) they had ~130000 cases and we had ~21500 between Sep 07 and Sep 20.

I'm fortunate to not have had anybody near me infected by it and I very much hope it stays that way.

500+ cases in Québec (one province), and 1300 daily cases in all of Canada ;

https://globalnews.ca/news/7349062/coronavirus-canada-sept-21/

@Benji

Ontario is 14.75 millions, and Québec is 8 millions, so almost half of that neighbor province! :P

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

I certainly want you around a long time.

Thanks! I've been working from home for a few months, but right went I actually needed to travel, this shit happen! :(

This means I won't be able to attend my grand-mother's funerals because of this 2nd wave, they've implemented travel restrictions and attending a funeral is limited to 25 people. My sister also lives 2h30 away and won't be attending, but my brother will since he live a few towns over.

This sucks big time, and I honestly wish people that recently protested against masks suffer as much as I am, BTW ; I don't want them or one of their family member to die, but if they can feel the heat of the shit they caused, I won't have any sympathy for them and I'll gladly say they deserved it.

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

I thought it was not only the largest, but also the most populated province of Canada . If it isn't the most populated, it is at least in the first three, right?

Well, stay safe! :) I certainly want you around a long time. In the specific Landkreis (disctrict) that I live in, we're currently really well-set with 595 people by yesterday overall diagnosed, but 522 people healed, 38 currently in quarantine and 35 deaths overall. So, since I basically never leave the house, I am not that concerned, but I still obey the rules once I go outside shopping, to the hairdresser or whatever (definitely need to see mine again because my hair looks bad again, lol).

Quebec is the second largest population, at approximately 8.5 million people (out of 37.6 million).

Ontario is the largest population in Canada, with 14.6 million.

Quebec - despite having 6.1 million less people than Ontario, has about 20,000 more cases total. As of Yesterday, Ontario had 425 new cases and Quebec had 586.

Ontario isn't doing good, but given our large population, we're not doing that badly. We have seen a pretty big spike in the last couple of weeks, with a near doubling of new daily cases though. But that seems to be the trend everywhere.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

31 minutes ago, Benji said:

Sorry for your loss. But she didn't pass away due to COVID-19?

No, she was suffering from Alzheimer and had a fragile health, there were a few close calls in the last 3 months, but all unrelated to COVID.

Funeral restrictions are even more extreme here, I think we have a limit of either 10 or 15 people. Although ~1.5 months ago when the boss of a criminal gang died, there were about 700 people on the funeral services and they had to shut down the entire cemetary.

Yeah, it would happen here also, police are also giving tickets now.

How hard are your travel restrictions?

Not sure, I haven't looked at them, only heard it on the news (that there was traveling restriction if you're in a "hot zone"), and my sister also mentioned something about it, but I don't know the details.

EDIT ; @Benji just looked it up, inter-regional travels aren't allowed, but they also aren't formerly restricted yet (so basically, you're not supposed to travel, and there's no consequences if you do.)

Edited by wkdpaul

1 hour ago, Benji said:

North America

We don’t really have travel restrictions in the US. I don’t think we can visit Canada or Mexico, but I do know they are allowing trade to occur. As far as local restrictions go, that’s going to differ state to state based on how the number are or if the state government even cares. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Luckily no one wants to visit the Atlantic Regions here and we are sitting at 0 cases... now if someone could tell Teddy (Hurricane) about the bubble and frig off, that'd be nice.

49 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

We don’t really have travel restrictions in the US. I don’t think we can visit Canada or Mexico, but I do know they are allowing trade to occur. As far as local restrictions go, that’s going to differ state to state based on how the number are or if the state government even cares. 

The US-Canada border is closed to non-essential travel. That means trade flows (particularly shipments via transport trucks, trains, etc), as well as essential cross-border workers.

Also if you live in Alaska, you're allowed a one-way non-stop trip through BC - but the RCMP will arrest you if you deviate. We've had multiple issues with Americans saying they're going to Alaska, then just going shopping or something instead. It's possible some Canadians have done the same thing down south but I haven't heard of that happening.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

12 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The US-Canada border is closed to non-essential travel. That means trade flows (particularly shipments via transport trucks, trains, etc), as well as essential cross-border workers.

Also if you live in Alaska, you're allowed a one-way non-stop trip through BC - but the RCMP will arrest you if you deviate. We've had multiple issues with Americans saying they're going to Alaska, then just going shopping or something instead. It's possible some Canadians have done the same thing down south but I haven't heard of that happening.

There's been a lot of people up here complaining about that. Snowbirds with Alaska licenses. Used them to drive up, but because their license and everything says AK, getting turned around at the border. Going to be a lot of miserable people up here this winter. Should make it interesting. People who don't know how to drive on snow and ice and what not. We're still doing decent on cases up here, but our tourism is heavily regulated this year. I do know this has been rough on the people I know that live in Haines. Usually they drive to Whitehorse for the big box stores and cheaper groceries. 

Off topic, but did you see this idiot?

Spoiler

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2020/09/18/alaskan-arrested-at-southern-british-columbia-border-for-smuggling-weapons-into-canada-officials-say/

Not sure if ADN will work for you or not. Summed up "Seized weapons included four semiautomatic rifles and three handguns, all prohibited in Canada. Also seized were a restricted handgun and six nonrestricted long guns, the agency said."

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, Voluspa said:

You actually see this all over the world ; people visiting other countries and not educating themselves on what they can and cannot do in the visiting country. I personally find this annoying AF !!!

2 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

There's been a lot of people up here complaining about that. Snowbirds with Alaska licenses. Used them to drive up, but because their license and everything says AK, getting turned around at the border. Going to be a lot of miserable people up here this winter. Should make it interesting. People who don't know how to drive on snow and ice and what not. We're still doing decent on cases up here, but our tourism is heavily regulated this year. I do know this has been rough on the people I know that live in Haines. Usually they drive to Whitehorse for the big box stores and cheaper groceries. 

Just looked up Haines... goddamn, that's a shitty place to be with a closed border. Can they even drive to Anchorage or any of the other Alaskan cities without crossing the border? Google Maps only shows one road and it crosses into Canada.

2 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Hide contents

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2020/09/18/alaskan-arrested-at-southern-british-columbia-border-for-smuggling-weapons-into-canada-officials-say/

Not sure if ADN will work for you or not. Summed up "Seized weapons included four semiautomatic rifles and three handguns, all prohibited in Canada. Also seized were a restricted handgun and six nonrestricted long guns, the agency said."

I haven't seen that case specifically, but it's not infrequent that some American tries to smuggle a bunch of guns into Canada.

Sometimes it's just ignorance. They have no idea what Canada's gun laws are, and just assume that the 2nd Amendment still applies. Other times it's outright intentional smuggling - there's obviously a black market for guns in Canada (as there is in every country) - and many of the illegal guns tend to come from the US.

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

You actually see this all over the world ; people visiting other countries and not educating themselves on what they can and cannot do in the visiting country. I personally find this annoying AF !!!

People in general. If you look at our graph, you can see a jump not too long after fishing season and the start of hunting.  It's a big part of why our tourism is what it's become this year. Granted that's Alaskan residents only, but at the start of summer we were doing well, then tourists came up for summer trips. Then fishing, and now hunting. They come up, don't quarantine like they should. "I'm only going to be here for 2 weeks, how can I spend the whole time in quarantine??" That spreads it to our residents which in turn takes us time to get back on top of. As we get back on top of it, people come again for the next activity. 

As of now, Idiatrod 2021 is still on, but they're planning on going around the villages. The native villages have been doing really well so far. Cutting off plane travel to and from them. Memories of the Spanish Flu are still strong up here. Puts our state in a rough spot. Oil rigs and us miners are under very strict rules right now. Production is down. Add to that people coming from outside and being dumb when ever we try to make it easier for tourists to come up here it's been hard on a lot of the mom and pop places that thrive off tourism. Open, close, open, close. Just be smart people!

Spoiler

6OOGTK5UQRCXRDJ3QHLHUQPMQY.jpg.78b302ba2712d1656083cfafec984a6e.jpg

As someone that owns many fire arms, it's not hard to be responsible with them. People just are dumb in general imho.

@dalekphalm With the border to Canada shut, their only option is small plane to Juneau, big plane to Anchorage. Or the twice a week ferry from Haines to Juneau. Juneau is the same way. No roads out. The only other 2 towns with roads out in SE AK is to Canada. Skagway and Hyder. If you want to see a place that would be rough in these conditions look up Hyder. Right now for groceries Canadians are buying them, leaving them at the border and Hyder residents pick them up there. Hyder and it's sister city are very close for obvious reasons. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

and many of the illegal guns tend to come from the US.

Oh.... so we do export something. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Oh.... so we do export something. 

Yes. Guns and people looking for inexpensive insulin xD

When maths is on your side. Avoided strictest tier today for some businesses having to close inside operations by a tenth of a percent.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

6 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

No, she was suffering from Alzheimer and had a fragile health, there were a few close calls in the last 3 months, but all unrelated to COVID.

Yeah, it would happen here also, police are also giving tickets now.

Not sure, I haven't looked at them, only heard it on the news (that there was traveling restriction if you're in a "hot zone"), and my sister also mentioned something about it, but I don't know the details.

EDIT ; @Benji just looked it up, inter-regional travels aren't allowed, but they also aren't formerly restricted yet (so basically, you're not supposed to travel, and there's no consequences if you do.)

I'm sorry.

Some nursing home in Quebec we're put under red alert (that happens when more than 25% of the residents are infected).

Though one of them was reported to have 223% infection rate ???

Source in French ;

https://www.lapresse.ca/covid-19/2020-09-22/covid-19-cinq-residences-pour-aines-sur-la-liste-rouge.php

Edited by wkdpaul

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Though one of them was reported to have 223% infection rate ???

HOW???

did people move in to specifically raise the rate? How is that possible

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

7 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

HOW???

did people move in to specifically raise the rate? How is that possible

Not sure, either it's a data entry mistake, or it's a similar situation than the 300% mortality rate surgery.

EDIT ; for those unaware of the 300% mortality rate surgery https://allthatsinteresting.com/robert-liston

Edited by wkdpaul

7 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Not sure, either it's a data entry mistake, or it's a similar situation than the 300% mortality rate surgery.

EDIT ; for those unaware of the 300% mortality rate surgery https://allthatsinteresting.com/robert-liston

Dying of fright... 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Our Prime minister made a speech about the second wave, if anyone is interested ;

Edited by wkdpaul

3 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Our Pine minister made a speech about the second wave, if anyone is interested ;

CERB until Summer 2021. Is this real life?

I get it was an emergency at first and retooling for 2-3 months is silly... but now.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

15 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Our Prime minister made a speech about the second wave, if anyone is interested ;

(...)

Rings a bell... 🤔

Spoiler

Québec up 582 cases. 

We were getting used to low 100s.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti