Crysis Twitter has risen from the dead. Crysis remastered in the works.

d-kressjr

****UPDATE****

Crytek officially announced on April 16 that "Crysis Remastered will be coming to PC, Xbox, PlayStation and (surprisingly) Nintendo Switch.

Original Post:

Sources: http://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-crysis-is-almost-certainly-happening/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-14-looks-like-crytek-is-teasing-a-crysis-remake

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/after-three-years-of-silence-the-crysis-twitter-has-reactivated/

When Crytek updated crysis.com to feature a fresh and flashy new rendition of Nomad, fans of Crysis trilogy of games were excited of the prospect of a potential remaster of the acclaimed original Crysis game. Then, their hopes were quickly extinguished when people realized the update came on April 1st and an "April Fool" tag was found in the website's source code.

Now, 2 weeks out of April Fools, it is starting to look like this wasn't a joke at all. The "@Crysis" twitter handle, whose last tweet before yesterday was way back on December 13, 2016, has come alive with two new tweets.

From PC Gamer:

This is far from a routine tweet, in other words, and we're way past April 1 here—although, for the record, that "April Fool" tag is still in the source. With the traditional E3 timeframe less than two months away, it's not unusual for us to see game announcements begin to appear this time of year.

This follows up on a trailer released a month ago by Crytek that showcased a decade of its game engine, "CryEngine." 

From Eurogamer:

Last month, a new trailer was released to showcase a decade of CryEngine - the game engine built by Crytek on which Crysis runs. After running through its greatest hits, the trailer concluded with footage of a familiar jungle, its foliage and lighting looking lush - and bang up to date.

All of these small hints seem to point toward a remastered version of the original Crysis. Like the PC Gamer article pointed out, since E3 is cancelled this year, it is not surprising to see game announcements beginning to appear at this time...

The original Crysis was well known for pushing the limits of PC hardware at the time and being notoriously difficult to run. As a result, gaming companies have been responding to this news in very clever ways:

I saw this yesterday on the forums I think. 

Nope I am just a dummy. Saw this yesterday though. Basically flipped a desk and kindly exited via a window via the glass into the yard while tearing off my cloths and running down the street to streak naked screaming, "YES!".

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I think it will be a remaster of the first game (and maybe Warhead?) with multi core support, 4k(or maybe even 8k)/HDR, along with.....Ray Tracing.

1 hour ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

I saw this yesterday on the forums I think. 

Nope I am just a dummy. Saw this yesterday though. Basically flipped a desk and kindly exited via a window via the glass into the yard while tearing off my cloths and running down the street to naked screaming, "YES!".

Oi ya muppet! Social distancing!

*tosses you mask*

As for the actual game, never played the original. Might pick up this remaster if it turns out to be true.

First one was awesome! Even now you can mod it to look really pretty. It crushed systems for YEARS!

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

40 minutes ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Remaster better push current gen PC's to the limits

Sure just have Ray Tracing mandatory, and over max out the tesselation again; with 8x SSAA as the minimum.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

If it's a proper remaster of the first game aiming for the same goal as the first game (to completely melt the average gaming PC), then honestly? I can't wait. Crytek has always been good at that shit lmao

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

So this is the scheme for the next decade in the gaming industry: remake everything. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

48xSSAA

HDBAOBLOWJOBAO ambient occlusion

16x terramax occlusion

16K res

Super sexy deep dark smooth cast shadows with real time shadow licking technology.

-Only with CryEngine remastered.

The game was trash to begin with, it's graphics sold the game.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

i always sat through their credits as they are the only Western company who ever used My local language to thank people in credits. i've never seen anyone use Kannada(ಕನ್ನಡ) , a lot of Hindi (हिन्दी) though in media such as movies or games but never Kannada.

PS Kannada can be estimated as 2,500 years old, ranking as the 3rd oldest language after Sanskrit and Tamil. Kannada alphabet evolved around 1,900 years ago.

Crysis 3

image.thumb.png.f1a51fd61fe3e784b2ed27ffd36c7937.png

Crysis 2

image.thumb.png.452e21d01d50adaebbcf55ab35aec0b7.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Last month, a new trailer was released to showcase a decade of CryEngine - the game engine built by Crytek on which Crysis runs. After running through its greatest hits, the trailer concluded with footage of a familiar jungle, its foliage and lighting looking lush - and bang up to date.

Actually, the footage at the end of the "Never stop Achieving" 2020 CryEngine showcase video isn't an up-to-date Crysis, it's the original Crysis with the original Crysis' graphics:

Timestamp: 2:20

How are so many people responding to this news without pointing out that the footage is actually just vanilla 2007 Crysis? It's as if either hardly any of present-day's gaming community on social media played Crysis, or they played it so long ago that they don't recall what it looks like.

The only place I've seen where an updated Crysis-looking scene was shown in CryEngine is the August 2019 CryEngine 5.6 tech trailer:

Timestamp 2:17

Given the recent Crysis Twitter account postings, it could be that a remaster of Crysis is in the works. But judging from the articles and the Twitter posts, that appears to be speculation based, in-part, on a mischaracterization of the CryEngine 2020 showcase demo's Crysis footage.

I'd really like to see remasters with full modding capability. Though, I think I'd find a new game in the series more exciting.

40 minutes ago, applebook said:

So this is the scheme for the next decade in the gaming industry: remake everything. 

Sadly, that could represent a step-up from the norm of most of the previous decade.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Inb4 Battle Royale game.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If it means we will finally be able to revive the "but can it run Crysis?" meme, I'm all for it. There hasn't really been a game since then, that was so hard to run due to hardware limitations (and not due to poor optimizations...)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If a Crysis remaster happens then all that needs to be done is just make it use more than 2 cores

55 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

PS Kannada can be estimated as 2,500 years old, ranking as the 3rd oldest language after Sanskrit and Tamil. Kannada alphabet evolved around 1,900 years ago.

That sounds awfully young for an "oldest language". Are you sure it's 1900 years ago, as opposed to 1900 BC? Or is it the oldest language still in use with little change?

57 minutes ago, GreyestGoat said:

48xSSAA

HDBAOBLOWJOBAO ambient occlusion

16x terramax occlusion

16K res

Super sexy deep dark smooth cast shadows with real time shadow licking technology.

You forgot "infinite distance hair rendering" :P 

26 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

How are so many people responding to this news without pointing out that the footage is actually just vanilla 2007 Crysis? It's as if either hardly any of present-day's gaming community on social media played Crysis, or they played it so long ago that they don't recall what it looks like.

To be honest, I either never heard of Crysis or paid no attention to it until I heard a "can it run Crysis?" joke in LTT a few years ago. Come to think about it, I probably knew there was a game called "Crysis" when I first heard it, but that's about it.

Then again, I'm not "the gaming community" at any rate :P 

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

If it means we will finally be able to revive the "but can it run Crysis?" meme, I'm all for it. There hasn't really been a game since then, that was so hard to run due to hardware limitations (and not due to poor optimizations...)

While many games are hard to run with no visible reason for it, I wouldn't call any game that runs like shit almost everywhere, regardless of how good it looks, "optimized". More like "maximized", if anything, but certainly not "optimized".

I'll take a remake HL, HL2, Bioshock (too early?), Chrono Trigger, and FF6 please. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

25 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That sounds awfully young for an "oldest language". Are you sure it's 1900 years ago, as opposed to 1900 BC? Or is it the oldest language still in use with little change?

oldest languages still in use, Sanskrit and tamil being the oldest besides latin and all, no one talks sanskrit, we only learn it. but we speak tamil and kannada 

All South Indian languages are grouped as Dravidian Language! More precisely there was a time when language used between godavari to kaveri river region was called as Proto Dravidian.

Kannada,Tamil,Tulu is believed got separated from proto Dravid language and developed independently. It is suggested that the language was spoken in the 4th millennium BCE, and started disintegrating into various branches around 3rd millennium BCE.

However it's interesting to note that KANNADA as SPOKEN LANGUAGE is said to have separated from its proto-language source earlier than Tamil and about the same time as Tulu.

Now coming to written inscription Kannada is seen written in brahmagiri inscription dating back to 300BCE. This brahmagiri inscription raised by ashoka describes Kannada word ISILA and states the ancient site of brahmgiri inscription ,present day chitradurga had a locality named Ishila. This is also the place of sage Gautama Maharshi.Now we can know kannada was being used long back by a society. This record dating back to 300BCE itself shows that the ISHILA locality formed and dated long back.Written Kannada word Ooralli(city) is also found in Alexandria on a wall erected by Alexander. He ordered to erect a wall on which he could write the remanant words found out of 36k palm writings. (Which got fire accidentally).Greek dramatists of the 5th–4th century BCE were purportedly familiar with the Kannada country and language. This would show a far more intimate contact of the Greeks with Kannada culture than with Indian culture elsewhere

Now looking at early written inscription of Tamil ,the old Tamil is found written in pots and caves during 2nd century BC

So now written words of both kannada and Tamil (that are found) date back to 3rd BCE.

Now seeing this we can draw a conclusion that Kannada Tamil came from proto Dravid language . Good written form of Kannada and Tamil are found to be in India around 3 century BCE. But the fact Greeks used kannada in their script for drama during 5 century BCE accounts slight early emergence of Kannada over Tamil.

Seeing the fact that cave painting and rise of early human traces dating back to 10–20 thousand years old found in Anigundenda region( Kishkinda Region) ,one can understand Civilization was growing much faster in Karnataka region thus supporting researchers (of proto Dravid language ) fact that spoken Kannada was first to emerge out of proto Dravidian language,

1199px-6th_century_Kannada_inscription_i

TL;DR

From the research studies it indicates that Kannada was already a language of rich oral tradition earlier than 3rd century B.C found in Prakrit and Tamil inscriptions of that period.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

2 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

(...)

I'm sorry but I don't understand how that refers to my question. I think you took it more complicated than it was o.O

2 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

From the research studies it indicates that Kannada was already a language of rich oral tradition earlier than 3rd century B.C found in Prakrit and Tamil inscriptions of that period.

See, that's my point, 300 BC is really recent, unless we are talking about languages still in use more or less unmodified today. That's why I ask the simpler question: are you sure it isn't older? Or did you mean that it's one of the oldest still in use?

3 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand how that refers to my question. I think you took it more complicated than it was o.O

See, that's my point, 300 BC is really recent, unless we are talking about languages still in use more or less unmodified today. That's why I ask the simpler question: are you sure it isn't older? Or did you mean that it's one of the oldest still in use?

oldest language still in use, tamil is older, sanskrit is oldest but only a select few talk it. kannada and tamil have modified over time, not sanskrit which other languages are derived from. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

If RTX8800 will not be able to run Crysis Remastered on 2160p240 then they can simply fuck off and eat that GPU, grilled and salted.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

12 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

If RTX8800 will not be able to run Crysis Remastered on 2160p240 then they can simply fuck off and eat that GPU, grilled and salted.

You mean the RTX 8000. The GeForce 8800 GTX is the Nvidia graphics card that couldn't run the Crysis maxed-out when it released in 2007. And so, it would be fitting if there was an RTX 8800 and it couldn't run a Crysis Remastered maxed-out.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, Valentyn said:

Sure just have Ray Tracing mandatory, and over max out the tesselation again; with 8x SSAA as the minimum.

They did have their own ray tracing tech demo a while ago, running on AMD hardware. I think at this point AMD also handles tessellation pretty well, and it shouldn't be near as bad as it was in Crysis 2.

2 hours ago, applebook said:

To an extent, I'm okay with it. I don't think Crysis especially needs a remaster or remake, but if they improve the AI it could still be a fun game. Remaking games from the early days, assuming they stick with a similar art style, improve and smooth out issues with the original, and make it more accessible on current hardware I'm for it. There's a lot of great PS2 games that just feel clunky to play or only render in like 240i.

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

True, I wasn't really leaning into it either, you can tell by the geometry on the plants that it's the original game. The fact that the Twitter account became active is interesting though. Seems like something Crysis is happening. with any luck it'll be a mobile card trading game or connect 3.

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

While many games are hard to run with no visible reason for it, I wouldn't call any game that runs like shit almost everywhere, regardless of how good it looks, "optimized". More like "maximized", if anything, but certainly not "optimized".

I think I've read that at the time they developed it it was unclear if faster dual cores were going to be the future, or multi core. They banked on dual core, and it's pretty optimized for dual core, but the industry went multi core and single core clock speeds haven't changed that much.

#Muricaparrotgang

My guess is, they made it as April's Fools joke and later realized, man, everyone is making remasters, why don't we make one. I mean, it probably won't be a free update so making money with way less effort than developing a new game seems like a logical thing, especially given they haven't really released anything big since Crysis. They had that multi game Hunt or whatever it was but it's nowhere near as popular as Crysis was.

Also I'm hoping they'll remaster it with their software version of ray tracing. That would be sweet and something which would excite not RTX card users to invest into hardware ray tracing faster than they would otherwise.

7 hours ago, applebook said:

I'll take a remake HL, HL2, Bioshock (too early?), Chrono Trigger, and FF6 please. 

Mmmmmmmno. Remake the Legacy of Kain - series and you've definitely got my attention!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.