Motherboard B650M AORUS ELITE AXrev.1.0
BIOS Ver.    F24c
GPU  Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity
CPU Model    AMD Ryzen 7 7900X
RAM    G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL30
Power Supply    Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 1000W 80+ Gold VERTEX1000G

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO +
Operating System    Windows 11

I am experiencing an issue while paying games like Hunt: Showdown or Helldivers 2 and I am seeking troubleshooting guidance. While playing the game, I am using Discord voice chat in the background. At seemingly random times, the Discord application will crash in the background. After that point, any attempt to minimize or close out of the game application will cause the computer to completely freeze up, requiring a power cycle un-freeze. This happens within minutes every time I play Helldivers and occasionally (once every 2-4 hours) during Hunt: Showdown.

I tried multiple troubleshooting steps including updating the motherboard BIOS, updating the Graphics driver, disabling EXPO, resetting BIOS to default, reinstalling the entire operating system, reinstalling just the game, checking the CPU and GPU temperature, re-seating the CPU, GPU and RAM.

PC ran fine since 2022 with no issue

Swapping to my old Intel Core i7-8700K on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master yields no crashing issues.

Swapping to my old GTX 970 does not help, game still crashes.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games