Crysis Twitter has risen from the dead. Crysis remastered in the works.

d-kressjr
59 minutes ago, Rune said:

Make my computer scream in pain. Do it.

I just want to have maximum armor and feel like a badass again. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Would be pretty disappointed if this was just a remaster tbh. There's not a Crysis game to date that doesn't look absolutely stunning, so why remaster it? I personally wasn't a big fan of the original Crysis, but Crysis 2 really stepped it up a notch and Crysis 3 was legendary. I would love to see a Crysis 4, or some sort of addition to the series. Either way, I can't wait to see Crytek dominate game graphics standards for years to come with a single game release.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

55 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

if only Crysis had any memorable qualities besides running at 10FPS on a $3000 computer

It wasn't that shallow. Combat was interesting, especially in combination with suit "superpowers". Also you could go guns blazing or use cloak and do a more sneaky approach. And just the absurd visual experience.

Also people over exaggerate how demanding Crysis was. I think I started playing it on Radeon x1950 Pro 512MB back then and it was working fine. I always used max settings and I'm not gonna say it was silky smooth, but I was super sensitive over stuttering or lag since I can remember so it sure wasn't that bad. I also had Samsung's SM931C monitor back then with resolution 1280x1024 which was not all that smaller than current 1080p "standard" so I wasn't using some garbage low resolution monitor that would ofset the performance difference through less pixels to render. I do remember it was significantly better experience on Radeon HD5850 tho when I upgraded tho which is unsurprising given how many generations newer HD5850 was.

Remaster would be neat indeed. Though I'd definitely like to see a new one!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

"the game's debut on a Nintendo platform."

They dropped the ball with no DS port.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 4/14/2020 at 4:25 PM, GreyestGoat said:

The game was trash to begin with, it's graphics sold the game.

Oof, besides the thousands of people like myself who loved the nanosuit gameplay and did multiple play throughs.  I guess not everyone's cup of tea but Crysis can't ever be called trash

2 hours ago, Inkz said:

Oof, besides the thousands of people like myself who loved the nanosuit gameplay and did multiple play throughs.  I guess not everyone's cup of tea but Crysis can't ever be called trash

Why can it never be called trash? it was just a benchmark... as a game it sucked, Warhead was better but only worth 1 play through.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

7 hours ago, GreyestGoat said:

Why can it never be called trash? it was just a benchmark... as a game it sucked, Warhead was better but only worth 1 play through.

As a game it was super fun. I also enjoyed Warhead although it was a bit short. Tosing people around super fun, smashing throw walls with max strength is exhilarating. Stealth adds a tactile option to the game. You could replay it using a mix of abilities, just a couple, or almost none. People did use it often as a benchmark but it's because it was an actually demanding game, not just benchmarking software. The game has 91 on metacritic, many citing not just graphics but enjoyable gameplay and engaging mechanics. I mean sure it's cool to hate on stuff, but you are in the minority. Saying you dislike the game is fine, but it's hard to call it a bad game when you as individual don't like it but most other people do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

image.png

5 hours ago, pzspah said:

Far cry 1 would have been nicer

Far Cry 1 with latest CryEngine. Hell yeah. Though to some degree, the way that game felt was partially thanks to the engine. It's like removing Voxel engine from Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2 and replacing it with polygon 3D graphics. Sure it would be nice, but it would remove that signature feel from it. Coz if I close my eyes, I can just see the insane usage of poly bumpmapping in Far Cry 1 and that gave it special feel. And I think I'd miss that a bit.

On 4/14/2020 at 4:24 PM, Lakobrija said:

But can it run Crysis?

THE MEME IS REVIVED

I used too, but not anymore.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:30 PM, Escanor said:

Remaster better push current gen PC's to the limits

Just remember folks, this is coming to the Switch - a console that is effectively same power as PS3/XB360 era. 

It’s either going to scale REALLLLLY well, or more likely, not be that demanding on graphics by modern standards. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The Crysis timeline starts on August 14, 2020. I'm just sayin'.

It would be dope if it released in that date ( it will never happen sadly)

On 4/14/2020 at 4:09 PM, JZStudios said:

To an extent, I'm okay with it. I don't think Crysis especially needs a remaster or remake, but if they improve the AI it could still be a fun game. Remaking games from the early days, assuming they stick with a similar art style, improve and smooth out issues with the original, and make it more accessible on current hardware I'm for it. There's a lot of great PS2 games that just feel clunky to play or only render in like 240i.

I feel like games in the late PS2/Xbox era started having a paradigm shift in mentality for design. So to see games of that vintage see a remaster, I'm not opposed.

As leaps in software made it easier to express your ideas, the hardware could not catch up fast enough. And at that critical junction of "more slow cores/less fast cores" especially, those games should be at least reconsidered.

I am interested in the engine advancements, though. I think I read, or heard, that DOOM: Eternal has no "main/central" thread, so it scales incredibly well across the new bajillion-core-CPU landscape, and it can run at up 1000 fps, hardware allowing. I'd also be more interested in if they supported multi-GPU setups.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

1 hour ago, The1Dickens said:

I am interested in the engine advancements, though. I think I read, or heard, that DOOM: Eternal has no "main/central" thread, so it scales incredibly well across the new bajillion-core-CPU landscape, and it can run at up 1000 fps, hardware allowing. I'd also be more interested in if they supported multi-GPU setups.

Funny enough, Crysis 3 was one of the very few games that properly supported multi-gpu setups with expected gains, but it was always a diminishing return. It was an inverse exponential, every other card only added an extra 50% over the last. The industry is moving away from it, it wasn't ever really worth it.

#Muricaparrotgang

Awesome. They better still allow me to mow down the forest with my gun.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 4/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, TetraSky said:

If it means we will finally be able to revive the "but can it run Crysis?" meme, I'm all for it

You say that like it died. I see that annoying ass meme constantly. It hasn't been funny for a decade.

I expect this to be easier to run than the original is, with the exception of RTX obviously. If they update the engine to use multiple CPU cores that would make a huge difference. I have trouble running it at 144fps now, but only one core is at full usage while the rest are idling.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

9 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

You say that like it died. I see that annoying ass meme constantly. It hasn't been funny for a decade.

It died the moment almost everything could run Crysis, but some people keep running it into the ground with ridiculous shit like a smart toaster or whatever.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro