The card some of you are still waiting for - Higher performance Navi Rumours

williamcll

69543_01_amds-high-end-navi-gpu-details-

Rumours that AMD will soon to release graphic cards that performs better than the current 5700XT and Vega VII has been circulating for 3 months already. Some new information has appeared from driver hardware IDs pointing to Next generation RDNA GPUs as well as some low performance models. The upcoming GPUs carry the hardware ID 737F (for reference, the 5700 series is 731F and Vega is 687F), leaving room for other models.

For the known highest end Navi card, its characteristics are believed to be TSMC 7nm+, 505mm² Die and GDDR6 and may be twice as fast as Navi 10 (5700XT) as well as hardware ray tracing 

Navi 21 will be a large GPU with new rumors pointing to it packing somewhere between 15-16 billion transistors, which makes it bigger than Vega 20 (13.2 billion) and Navi 10 (10.3 billion). But the bigger news here is that AMD's new flagship Navi 20-based graphics card would feature 12-16GB of GDDR6 memory on a much wider memory bus. The new rumors have AMD possibly using a wider 384-bit or 512-bit memory interface, something that would enable much more memory bandwidth with GDDR6 memory. Previous rumors suggested AMD would tap higher-end HBM2E memory, packing between 16-32GB of framebuffer.

The new Navi 21 GPU will have hardware-based ray tracing, exactly the same as the Turing GPU from NVIDIA. We should see something in the first few months of 2020, but I would guess we'll see a mix of GDDR6 (on consumer cards) and HBM2/E on the server/datacenter solutions.

Also from reading the twitter source, Mid/Mid-Low cards such as the Pro version of the 5500 as well as mobile cards such as 5300M and 5500M may appear in the following months.

Source:https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1573129117.A.216.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69543/amds-high-end-navi-gpu-details-twice-fast-radeon-rx-5700-xt/index.html

Thoughts: Considering that AMD will be delivering a keynote at CES the week after, I suspect at least one GPU will be announced, or maybe we will get a Vega surprise again.

Also, why haven't I seen any big brand laptops with the 5700M? it's been out for two months.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

The date is interesting.  The whole cloud bit turns my stomach a bit.  That’s a whole lot of bandwidth.  The possible weakness of the hardware ray tracing is interesting.  If it’s no better than Navi’s it’s pretty worthless.  And it’s what Scarlett/ps5 is going to have (yes I know Scarlett has a new and official name now.  Scarlett is shorter)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7nm CPU and 7nm GPU

Big excite.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

AMD hype is about as trustworthy as the dude that sold Jack the beans. 

I highly, highly doubt that we're going to see that kind of performance gain. It's also a bad sign to see rumors of the card having 16GB of VRAM. It's unnecessary and is going to inflate the costs of the card without giving most users any real advantage. It's almost like AMD doesn't want to succeed. 

As I've said before, I fully expect this card to get tons of hype, and then get pissed on by Nvidia yet again. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Chickens, eggs.  It’s pretty rare to under hype something though it does occasionally happen.  I’m more interested in what it’s saying it won’t do than what it will.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just to fill out reasons why it wont be twice the performance of Navi 10.

Tl;dw:

Its more likely its at best 71% faster. Or roughly 10% faster than the 2080ti

That is a best case scenario. The reasons behind this is the memmory configuration conceivable on a GDDR6 based GPU. And the TDP limits in place before you become the new toastermeme. 

(Edit: 384-bit memmorybus is the max sane size and HBM is too expencive due to AMD nolonger running a charity)

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

7nm CPU and 7nm GPU

Big excite.

havent heard anyone use "big excite" or anything along the lines of that in a while thought i was the only one 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Tl;dw:

That is a best case scenario. The reasons behind this is the memmory configuration conceivable on a GDDR6 based GPU. And the TDP limits in place before you become the new toastermeme. 

Interesting video.  Quite long.  I got to where he could believe it might be up to 71% faster max because to do more they’d have to use impossible memory.  And even 71% was unlikely.

2 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

7nm CPU and 7nm GPU

Big excite.

But 7nm SSD and RAM when? 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

5 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Will this finally be the card that turns Linus from an NVIDIA shill to an AMD shill?

Meh.  He’s not nearly as effusive about AMD as some.  Shill might be strong.  I dunno.  I said somewhere earlier that I wasn’t an Intel fanboy. Maybe I do lean that way a bit.  To make an inaccurate comparison, Intel is kinda V8 and AMD is kinda turbo 4.  Same horsepower, better fuel economy for the 4, but I kinda like v8s

6 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Tl;dw:

(Edit: 384-bit memmorybus is the max sane size and HBM is too expencive due to AMD nolonger running a charity)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they went HBM again and just charged alot of money for the card like nvidia does for the 2080ti. That being said I still expect that they will try and stay away from HBM with all the trouble it has caused them in the past. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they went HBM again and just charged alot of money for the card like nvidia does for the 2080ti. That being said I still expect that they will try and stay away from HBM with all the trouble it has caused them in the past. 

Nvidia made an announcement about ampere (which could be BS of course) that they had found a way to make a sort of hybrid HBM which while slower cost less and had fewer problems.  If it’s the case AMD might be forced to use HBM.

As per usual, it’s all vaporware ATM.  We shall see what we shall see.

9 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Will this finally be the card that turns Linus from an NVIDIA shill to an AMD shill?

Image result for press x to doubt

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

8 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

7nm CPU and 7nm GPU

Big excite.

if only other small things were appreciated 

More sources for you OP:

AMD's Massive Navi 21 GPU Rumored To Be Twice As Fast As Radeon RX 5700 XT -

amdnavi21y.thumb.jpg.e86257aca1f6ccb653b9ae698d8c1db4.jpg

The message board rumors suggest that the Navi 21 will use GDDR6 memory rather than the previously rumored HBM2E. If true, that could be a cost-saving measure, as HBM is notoriously expensive. With a decent size memory bus, though, that doesn’t preclude an eventual Navi 21 card from having massive memory bandwidth with 12GB or 16GB of GDDR6 that’s 16Gbps or even 18Gbps.

Also, this iteration of Navi allegedly delivers a performance uplift twice that of the Navi 10. At the very high end of speculative expectations, that could mean a card that’s twice as fast as a 5700 XT. Alternatively, it could mean something more like twice the speed of the 5600 XT.

1) https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-navi-21-twice-fast-5700-xt/

2) https://hothardware.com/news/amd-radeon-rx-navi-21-gddr6-rdna-2

3) https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/amd-navi-21.g923

I personally think they'll be able to hit those marks. Radeon RX 5700 XT pretty much came around out of nowhere and caught everyone by surprise after rather meh RX Vega. Everyone was expecting nothing and yet AMD delivered a card that is very much competitive and the RDNA architecture seems very promising. Cards perform and are power efficient for it not to even be something worth talking about (unlike Vega where power was a huge deal for everyone). And all they released was RX 5700 XT! Given their past naming schemes, there is still room for RX 5800 XT and RX 5900 XT.

What I'm really hoping is by the time I'll have to replace my GTX 1080Ti, Intel and AMD will be a great competition to NVIDIA so I'll have 3 versions of similarly performing cards to choose from.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

I personally think they'll be able to hit those marks. Radeon RX 5700 XT pretty much came around out of nowhere and caught everyone by surprise after rather meh RX Vega. Everyone was expecting nothing and yet AMD delivered a card that is very much competitive and the RDNA architecture seems very promising. Cards perform and are power efficient for it not to even be something worth talking about (unlike Vega where power was a huge deal for everyone). And all they released was RX 5700 XT! Given their past naming schemes, there is still room for RX 5800 XT and RX 5900 XT.

What I'm really hoping is by the time I'll have to replace my GTX 1080Ti, Intel and AMD will be a great competition to NVIDIA so I'll have 3 versions of similarly performing cards to choose from.

The news from intel has not been good lately.  Apparently their “new” stuff involves leveraging their tiger lake iGPU stuff which is decidedly low end.  Currently claims are that they can combine them in multiples which could in theory do it but it’s something folks have tried before with very little success.  I personally would love to see pcie 4.0 being leveraged into “ fill your slots with low power cards for lots of performance” dial-gpu-power-level thing.  Want more power add more cards sounds awesome. “Sounds” being the key word.

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

I highly, highly doubt that we're going to see that kind of performance gain. It's also a bad sign to see rumors of the card having 16GB of VRAM. It's unnecessary and is going to inflate the costs of the card without giving most users any real advantage. It's almost like AMD doesn't want to succeed. 

If the reported 384-bit or 512-bit is true it may just be a side effect from that and the minimum GDDR6 die you can actually buy. The VRAM size might be unnecessary but the bandwidth may not. Has been a long time since AMD have done a memory bus as wide as 512-bit though.

53 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I'll eat my shoe if that happens, if released this year.

One does not speak lightly about eating shoes. Please specify.

You will eat your shoe if AMD releases any 10% more powerful card than 2080TI in 2020? Or you meant Navi 21 in specific?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

41 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

One does not speak lightly about eating shoes. Please specify.

You will eat your shoe if AMD releases any 10% more powerful card than 2080TI in 2020? Or you meant Navi 21 in specific?

All in poker hand, any GPU ?

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

All in poker hand, any GPU ?

Do you have any sauce that goes well with shoes ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

7 minutes ago, Juular said:

Do you have any sauce that goes well with shoes ?

Like all internet claims, gut sauce ?

Usually I'd wait longer but track record is not on AMD rumor side here, at all lol.

It's not like not beating the 2080 Ti is that bad either, I'd take a 2080 at 70% the cost of one but it's right now more important to get the top crown win, I just don't think it'll happen in 2020.