caps lock behavior is very weird.. tried everything?

Go to solution Solved by parthm,

Ok, so figured out the culprit. HP updated this hpsystemutility process (without any notification) that runs in the background which caused this weird behaviour. Ending the process resolves all the weird behaviour. Also, no mention of any of this change anywhere in the program's UI. 

I have been using caps lock key as my push to talk button for discord for a while now. 

I have the same exact setup, no updates, changes to software or hardware but suddenly my caps lock key has started acting as a toggle instead of a regular key. 
I.e when i press and hold, instead of it sending 1 signal caps on/ off, it keeps switching between both and I am unable to use it as push to talk key because my mic keeps turning on and off and my sound stutters.
I have never seen this behavior before and I havent installed/ changed anything either.
I am using windows 11, usb connected keyboard on an HP omen (amd+nvidia) laptop.
I do not understand why this started suddenly and what needs to be changed
Here are some settings:
image.thumb.png.b78222b7b5235f104bce202e38493ba4.png
image.thumb.png.48e2facd2987650feb35d77ab773aeb6.png
image.png.19f5b1776311778251d5d2f9485fdcc3.png
image.thumb.png.774a2099929d177ab3e95e9b7987e2c0.png

14 minutes ago, parthm said:

I havent installed/ changed anything either.

So windows has never updated , discord has never updated , and none of the drivers have ever updated.

Is the machine an offline machine?

21 hours ago, emosun said:

So windows has never updated , discord has never updated , and none of the drivers have ever updated.

Is the machine an offline machine?

I mean, I was playing yesterday, it worked normally. I shut down my pc, started it to play again today and this started happening. Most of my software has auto updates disabled, so I doubt anything changed. But the issue cant be discord because its a system wide change as I see the animation and sound for caps lock change going crazy when I hold the button down. I dont know any other settings on windows that would interfere with this? Is this some regedit change that needs to be done or some hidden BIOS thing that hp did somehow? I have no idea

Ok, so figured out the culprit. HP updated this hpsystemutility process (without any notification) that runs in the background which caused this weird behaviour. Ending the process resolves all the weird behaviour. Also, no mention of any of this change anywhere in the program's UI.