what are your main sources of income?

echy

im a college student and a human. I need to start making a living which left me wondering how people make their money? 

what are your main sources of income?  whether it be jobs, careers, business, games, anything, etc..

Working at a pub at university, on call rigging work during summer/breaks, and youtube income.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Work... in the end everything is work.. its just how you spin it.. 

Playing games = working to keep people entertained enough to want to support you financially

Job/career/business = steady income usually at the cost of earning someone else money unless you own your own business. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Allowance, I'm just a few months away from being able to get a job.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Primary: A job you wouldn't understand, and it's not interesting enough for you to want to understand it, but it pays the bills and then some.

Secondary: Flipping PCs, mostly desktops, some laptops, and selling components and stuff on eBay.

Tertiary: Nothing. I just like showing off how smart I am by saying words like tertiary.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Primary: A job you wouldn't understand, and it's not interesting enough for you to want to understand it, but it pays the bills and then some.

Secondary: Flipping PCs, mostly desktops, some laptops, and selling components and stuff on eBay.

Tertiary: Nothing. I just like showing off how smart I am by saying words like tertiary.

I'll call your tertiary and raise a quaternary, quinary, senary, septenary, octonary, nonary, and denary.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Pension and SSI.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Work, Freelancing. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Construction.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I worked as a lifeguard when I was younger, payed pretty decent at £7.30 an hour, and considering that was almost double my ages minimum wage it was pretty good going. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

10 hours ago, aisle9 said:

I want to know your primary job.

Don't make me ask thrice.

26 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I want to know your primary job.

Don't make me ask thrice.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PRIMARY JOB!

Seriously, I don't know what I do right now. I was just moved into a new position in a new department to help start it up, but no one at the top has any f*cking clue what they're doing with their shiny new toy, so until further notice I'm being paid a lot of money to do nothing. As great as that sounds, it's not, and I'm actively looking for a way out.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I have a job/career that's mostly just me having fun and trying to break things all day, then documenting things when I do break it. I enjoy what I do and I always try to get better. It's not all perfect or anything but I'm happy and it pays well :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Trading stock if you want to get a lot of money without getting your butt out of your house everyday. 

37 minutes ago, campy said:

I drive a truck.

IMG_3523.JPG

Probably a weird question in America, but how much do you make - my dad's a truck driver too makes only about 500 EUR per trip. EU - RUSSIA

Reselling supreme things and that type of stuff is an easy way to make money if you're willing to spam a buy button every thursday

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

My career as a night watchman was severely hampered my my fear of the dark and avoidance of confrontational situations.

Looking after my wife’s cat for two weeks proved insufficient experience to be a zoo keeper.

Now I push papers around an office, I seem quite good at that.

For some reason I made paper towel for a living and worked as a scientist for a bit too.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I am the head of an IT department for a medium sized company, then i have my own PC repair business on the side. 

I've thrown newspapers, both from a bicycle and from a truck as a teenager and as an adult, mopped floors, flipped burgers, worked in various cabinet shops, worked in a machine shop, a boiler room (telemarketing, something I'm not proud of), a telephone bank taking irrigation orders, workedd as a janitor, worked in retail, worked on a line construction crew, Renaissance Festivals (mostly as an entertainer) and, probably, a few others I've forgotten but most of my working career (30 of the 32 years with the company that pays for my pension) was in warehousing, dealing with materials as small as paper clips to 120' power poles and transformers the size of small houses, driving forklifts as small as 2000 lb. electric standups to 20,000 lb. forks with grapples for picking up power poles, skid steers, mobile cranes up 20,000 lb., pendant cranes, trucks up to class 7 semis, etc. I worked in pulling orders, taking orders, shipping and receiving, inventory control, management, limited software and procedure development, etc.

After retiring from warehousing, I supplemented my pension by working in retail for a convenience store. I was to be groomed for management but, once I saw how their assistant managers were abused plus I liked the 4/10 night shift I was working (it made working Renaissance Festivals on weekends much easier), I passed on that. I retired for keeps after only 5 1/2 years (I was gong to work seven) due to five bad store managers in a row (all got fired or transferred due to their incompetence), six if you include the one that started my last day but later stepped down, and two bad Marketing managers (the store managers' bosses) in a row, one which was essentially fired (he had a choice of resigning or stepping down to store manager; fortunately, he resigned).

Jeannie

A very good job for college students is to work with the Census Bureau (After this shutdown gets resolved). It pays between $13-$19 for working as a field agent depending on where you are.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

i work at a dairy queen

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Pension and social security.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Zero income at the moment. I have savings, stocks and other investments to last some time, with minimal student budget. Liquid will last until or near end of spring. Year ago I was working on a project which gave nice boost to money situation. Currently studying land surveying to become GIS professional, and looking for some office based geology job to make my Masters degree worth something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv