what are your main sources of income?

echy

I have my 9-5 engineering job, then a rental property that brings in some money as well. 

When I was in college I got an internship pretty early on, so that might be a pretty good option for you too. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Business Operations Manager for a private security firm.

(Main Office B***h)  /s

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I run a service desk for a medium sized financial institution 

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

Job: security guard, fancy name for a lot of Reddit / YouTube / forums. Warm body would be appropriate. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

5 hours ago, Kunker_ said:

Probably a weird question in America, but how much do you make - my dad's a truck driver too makes only about 500 EUR per trip. EU - RUSSIA

I drive trucks also. From that job I make around 125k USD a year. Also own a few side businesses and rent houses I own. 

But I always wanted to be a prostitute. Though I would have to pay a woman to sleep with me.....and my wife wouldn't be happy about it. So...I can't do it. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Master Data Management analyst for a logistics company, which is a fancy way of saying "I know how to program excel and access macros really well and decent at PL/SQL queries"

Not sure which way sounds less boring.

-------

Current Rig

-------

freelance

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

-reserved for when i get a job.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

19 hours ago, Zusafek said:

I drive trucks also. From that job I make around 125k USD a year. Also own a few side businesses and rent houses I own. 

But I always wanted to be a prostitute. Though I would have to pay a woman to sleep with me.....and my wife wouldn't be happy about it. So...I can't do it. 

$125k USD a year?! What the fuck job you are doing. I would drop out of college to start working $125k/year. 

3 hours ago, Subway said:

$125k USD a year?! What the fuck job you are doing. I would drop out of college to start working $125k/year. 

I'm a truck driver with 20 years experience. 2 million accident free miles and a trainer. It's a lonely life as I spend more time in my truck than at home with my wife and kids. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

3 hours ago, Subway said:

Not a 8-to-5, 32 hrs, job.

Living far from home in a tiny cabin for most of the time.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 hours ago, Zusafek said:

I'm a truck driver with 20 years experience. 2 million accident free miles and a trainer. It's a lonely life as I spend more time in my truck than at home with my wife and kids. 

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

Not a 8-to-5, 32 hrs, job.

Living far from home in a tiny cabin for most of the time.

2 hours ago, Zusafek said:

$125k per year is like a fucking master degree salary in engineering. My god, I can't imagine getting myself a Nissan GTR(One of my dream cars) with this job.  I don't really care if the job boring man, but dam that $125k per year is worth it. Heck, you can be richer if you start investing and stock trading. 

2 hours ago, Subway said:

$125k per year is like a fucking master degree salary in engineering. My god, I can't imagine getting myself a Nissan GTR(One of my dream cars) with this job.  I don't really care if the job boring man, but dam that $125k per year is worth it. Heck, you can be richer if you start investing and stock trading. 

It's not as much money as you think. Especially in South Florida where cost of living is quite high. Plus you add in the cost of kids, medical insurance, life insurance and all that stuff....and it becomes much smaller. But I live comfortably. 

As for the GTR....it's an alright car. I've owned 2 now.  An R32 and an R35. I liked the R32 more but I still didn't care for it. I prefer my 63 VW Beetle and my wife's Lotus Elise more. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

I work on ATM machines and networking equipment

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

1 hour ago, Zusafek said:

It's not as much money as you think. Especially in South Florida where cost of living is quite high. Plus you add in the cost of kids, medical insurance, life insurance and all that stuff....and it becomes much smaller. But I live comfortably. 

As for the GTR....it's an alright car. I've owned 2 now.  An R32 and an R35. I liked the R32 more but I still didn't care for it. I prefer my 63 VW Beetle and my wife's Lotus Elise more. 

$125k is a lot for a single person. I am not ready to have a family yet because I aint going to deal family problem, cheating, and divorce.

I agree with you the R32 GTR looks so much better than the R35 GTR, but I will be dead if I have my hands on the R35 GTR..........

Corvette and Camaro are another my favorite cars in a cheap price. 

Being a mechanic and race car driver are my sources of income.

IT is my side job, I install and maintain ICT equipment at my parents' workplace.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Parents for now.

As a secondary source of income,  for a few months during last year I was working as a peer tutor (basically helping with homework etc) a few hours a week. It paid decently (for what I was asked to do) and felt good to do.

I don't do it anymore though.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I'm an export manager ;)

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 1/21/2019 at 12:00 PM, Lurick said:

I have a job/career that's mostly just me having fun and trying to break things all day, then documenting things when I do break it. I enjoy what I do and I always try to get better. It's not all perfect or anything but I'm happy and it pays well :)

Realized I should expand on this a bit more.

Technically my title is "Consulting Services Engineer". The titles used to be Network Consulting Engineer at one point and it changes from time to time. None of those titles really describe what I do though. I'm part of a group that basically, as I mention in the quoted text, is tasked with documenting and trying to break and validate network solutions for customers. We do everything from simple code validation, product validation, interop testing, scale testing, and all the way up to end-to-end solution testing based on exact customer network replicas. It basically depends on what the customer is paying for but mainly we target end-to-end solution and interop/scale testing for companies who either don't want to/cannot afford to have their own dedicated lab, or companies that have their own in-house validation teams but don't have the resources to deal with everything being sent their way or lack expertise in a new solution.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I work a 9-5 desk job in an office for an Electronics Manufacturing Company.

I flip PCs on the side as a hobby, but its mostly break even.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

On 1/21/2019 at 10:16 PM, LukeSavenije said:

working 4 hours per week at a sporting centre

Effectively what I did as I kid working at a club lifeguarding, was contracted for 6 or something like that.

Never (touch wood) had to save anyone, I still do casual work there as and when. Also the first aid is useful, especially on a night out and someone can't handle their drink and is passed out on curb drowning in vom. Always a fun one to deal with. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things