Playstation gives into the Fortnite Crossplay drama and opens its doors fully, finally...

ItsMitch

S: PlayStation 

Sony has finally gave into the backlash from locking Fortnite Players into PC & Mobile and now have opened their doors for ALL cross platform features in an open beta, starting today. In a statement issued by the CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment:

Following a comprehensive evaluation process, SIE has identified a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content. We recognize that PS4 players have been eagerly awaiting an update, and we appreciate the community’s continued patience as we have navigated through this issue to find a solution.

The first step will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite that will allow for cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems. We see the beta as an opportunity to conduct thorough testing that ensures cross-platform play is best on PlayStation, while being mindful about the user experience from both a technical and social perspective.

I'm very happy they finally gave into the pressure and actually gave the community what they want, but... SIE deserve no claps for this, it took them wayyy too long. 

Xbox seem to be very happy with this agreement. 

e: I'LL ADD MORE LATER MODSS

About Damn Time

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Dear god, I can hear the squeakers already q.q, but good fucking job sony, if only you guys would allow other games like GTA V to be cross play I'd be fucking happy.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

This represents a major policy change for SIE, and we are now in the planning process across the organization to support this change. We will update the community once we have more details to share, including more specifics regarding the beta timeframe, and what this means for other titles going forward.

Maybe other titles at some point Sony? *hope*

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

that ensures cross-platform play is best on PlayStation

I love this part of the quote. So basically the whole gist of these shenanigans is that Sony doesn't want users to see how their experience could, potentially, be better playing the game a different way.

Man, that explanation was the most "put a spin on it" BS explanation I have ever heard in my life.

Following a comprehensive evaluation process,

meaning: Because everyone kept complaining about it

SIE has identified a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content.

meaning: We have finally decided to flip the switch on cross-platform, which was not hard to do at all. But only for Fortnite, because that is the only one people were complaining about. We will still keep it closed for other games.

We recognize that PS4 players have been eagerly awaiting an update, and we appreciate the community’s continued patience as we have navigated through this issue to find a solution.

Meaning: Sorry we were assholes before. We now realize way too late this was making us look bad. Please buy Playstations. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Tedny said:

people, what was a problem with non crossplay for a game without progression? 

Maybe the fact that not only did it mean you couldn't take your content like skins to another console, it *also* meant that your whole Epic Account got locked to PlayStation so if you wanted to play on another system you had to register and manage a whole second Epic Account...

So when the game is starting to die and that people have already two accounts they won't be able to merge back... they make a change?

2 minutes ago, Tedny said:

so, you just get bounded with one of your accounts? 

I'm not sure what you mean.

The whole shitstorm with Fortnite crossplay wasn't even about crossplay itself. I mean that would be nice but that wasn't what everyone was pissed off about.

What people were upset about was that as part of Sony's "no crossplay" policy they required Epic to lock accounts out from other systems if they got registered for Fortnite with PlayStation. That was a massive overstep that wound up locking a ton of people out of Fortnite on other devices they'd prefer to use.

If Sony has just done their usual "no you can't play with friends using different consoles" thing everyone would have probably just rolled their eyes and taken it.

Well, the thing is that Sony is Japanese. They don't announce some shit they don't know will work or not.

I suspect that they worked on (good) Cross Plattform Play the whole time and always evaluated the possibility, while the Official Company Policy remains: It is not possible. Until they can show that it works and that there will be no problems with this regard.

The japanese don't shout out some stuff they want to do like the Americans do...

Just compare a SWTOR Livestream to a FFXIV Livestream and you get what I mean. While in the SWTOR Livestream its the best and biggest and amazing, the Japanese are more down to earth...

So it might be that the Japanese Mentality was in their way and they secretly worked on it behind the scenes the whole time and denied the possibility - until they got it working.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Sony CEO: We decided not to focus on crossplay because we believe PlayStation is the best place to play.

Well that didn’t take long 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, XenosTech said:

Dear god, I can hear the squeakers already q.q, but good fucking job sony, if only you guys would allow other games like GTA V to be cross play I'd be fucking happy.

we need pubg.. i think sony is just scared it will not be able to run. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

about time. oh my gosh. i can finally get destroyed and blame it on hackers xD

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

25 minutes ago, Tedny said:

so the problem was no it Sony, but in peoples demands? 

No, because without Preassure from people, it might have taken longer.

The thing is that they might have worked on this for some time and are only now having something they show the people.

The Japanese aren't the loudmouths that tell you they are the best, they show you what they have done.

6 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, because without Preassure from people, it might have taken longer.

The thing is that they might have worked on this for some time and are only now having something they show the people.

The Japanese aren't the loudmouths that tell you they are the best, they show you what they have done.

People have been pressuring Sony to do this ever since Fortnite and Minecraft got crossplay.

Your point really seems to be lost in translation.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

And in a week, no one will give a shit about crossplay.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Tedny said:

or maybe they just count how much they losing and just said "yes" and beta just tests for how much people will spend 

Or maybe a bit of both :P

There's always more to the story that meets the eye and we won't know the whole truth ever...

But the change is rather quickly, wich is suspicious, so they must have worked on it for some time but the official Company Policy was to officially say: NO!

But that's not what they (=many people inside the Company) wanted. And also the Developers also should have said it clearly to Sony.

So it was never planned to go through with it, and always allow Crossplay, like they did with the PS3!

But they needed some tweaks for the Infrastructure and/or weren't sure how it could be implemented.

Now they know and have a solution.

I think it might be possible that there are other reasons than "Company Policy"...

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Or maybe a bit of both :P

There's always more to the story that meets the eye and we won't know the whole truth ever...

But the change is rather quickly, wich is suspicious, so they must have worked on it for some time but the official Company Policy was to officially say: NO!

But that's not what they (=many people inside the Company) wanted. And also the Developers also should have said it clearly to Sony.

So it was never planned to go through with it, and always allow Crossplay, like they did with the PS3!

But they needed some tweaks for the Infrastructure and/or weren't sure how it could be implemented.

Now they know and have a solution.

I think it might be possible that there are other reasons than "Company Policy"...

https://kotaku.com/epic-accidentally-allows-xbox-and-ps4-cross-play-on-for-1818518611

Nope. They already had it working for literally a year and the ONLY reason was Company Policy.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

we need pubg.. i think sony is just scared it will not be able to run. 

well considering it barely runs on xbox. I think sony is playing it safe with that one

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Well, the thing is that Sony is Japanese. They don't announce some shit they don't know will work or not.

I suspect that they worked on (good) Cross Plattform Play the whole time and always evaluated the possibility, while the Official Company Policy remains: It is not possible. Until they can show that it works and that there will be no problems with this regard.

The japanese don't shout out some stuff they want to do like the Americans do...

Just compare a SWTOR Livestream to a FFXIV Livestream and you get what I mean. While in the SWTOR Livestream its the best and biggest and amazing, the Japanese are more down to earth...

So it might be that the Japanese Mentality was in their way and they secretly worked on it behind the scenes the whole time and denied the possibility - until they got it working.

I am going to call b.s. on that one. If I remember correctly it was working by accident for some time but then they blocked it after they found out. To say it didn't work before is just garbage. If they got the switch to do it then it should be easy. Also isn't Nintendo Japanese as well? Didn't they have support for it a long time ago on release? Sony just being a dick and nothing more. Either that or they don't want people to realize that if you want to play competitively then you play on pc because mouse and keyboard shits on controllers in fps games everyday of the week. 

Still think that Sony's current Playstation division is shit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL