Will this gpu fit ?

So i bought an desktop that called hp compek elite 8300 MICROTOWER that i want to put a new gpu. So i think this is the first time i upgrading a desktop.. I want buy a sapphire dual-x r9 270x that size of the gpu is 10.3cm i think. Will the card fit on this pc ? I really need good card for gameing and 3deing

IMG20240428102345.jpg

Ignore the fucking shit oem cooler from hp. They thunk the cooler design is masterpiece till they dont give a fuck to MICROTOWER version.

The cmt version got normal like other pc. Also the pcie x16 is the blacky one

Should fit fine, though I wouldn’t recommend an r9 270x in general, that’s a whole other thing

Just measure your space available as it’s in there, make a mock card out of cardboard if you have to. Pretty much any dual slot card that doesn’t hit the cpu cooler duct will work in there, looks to be about anything under 260mm and 2 slots wide 

8 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Should fit fine, though I wouldn’t recommend an r9 270x in general, that’s a whole other thing

Just measure your space available as it’s in there, make a mock card out of cardboard if you have to. Pretty much any dual slot card that doesn’t hit the cpu cooler duct will work in there, looks to be about anything under 260mm and 2 slots wide 

Oh but is r9 270x an decent card ? That good for old games ?

4 minutes ago, realfireguy said:

Oh but is r9 270x a decent card ? That good for old games ?

For older stuff sure, it just wouldn’t be my first choice, they’re very cheap used so the sheer cost effectiveness is worth considering them. It’s just the GTX 770 can be had for a similar price and has better driver support, performs better, at the expense of being a little more power hungry.

The GTX 760 is a similar option in that regard. Most of this comes down to driver support. A lot of newer titles that could run based on the capability of the hardware might not run well because of the lack of driver optimizations for the title.

A great example of this is the R9 Nano, a card that performs between the GTX 980 and 980ti, getting absolutely blown out of the water by a GTX 750ti in current esports titles. Because the 750ti has much more recent driver support and the R9 nano is on amds legacy drivers and has no further support.

An R9 270x will have a similar problem. I’d be looking at more recent cards, RX 470/570, even the GTX 1630 would do better.

It confounds me how someone today was willing to buy a PC with such internals

Is this some kind of self challenge?

The motherboard has an unconventional layout and the expansion slots are upside down. The CPU heatsink and intake shroud will probably get in the way of any graphics card of regular length and size

1 hour ago, Salted Spinach said:

It confounds me how someone today was willing to buy a PC with such internals

Is this some kind of self challenge?

not everyone is able/willing to drop big money on a full build. sometimes you have to work with what you got.

10 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

not everyone is able/willing to drop big money on a full build. sometimes you have to work with what you got.

Well thats true. I got this prebuild hp pc for only 390 cus its came with i7-3770 well looks like powerful for me

2 hours ago, 8tg said:

For older stuff sure, it just wouldn’t be my first choice, they’re very cheap used so the sheer cost effectiveness is worth considering them. It’s just the GTX 770 can be had for a similar price and has better driver support, performs better, at the expense of being a little more power hungry.

The GTX 760 is a similar option in that regard. Most of this comes down to driver support. A lot of newer titles that could run based on the capability of the hardware might not run well because of the lack of driver optimizations for the title.

A great example of this is the R9 Nano, a card that performs between the GTX 980 and 980ti, getting absolutely blown out of the water by a GTX 750ti in current esports titles. Because the 750ti has much more recent driver support and the R9 nano is on amds legacy drivers and has no further support.

An R9 270x will have a similar problem. I’d be looking at more recent cards, RX 470/570, even the GTX 1630 would do better.

But will its still work ? This will gave me anxiety of panik if the monitor showing black screen