Will a Noctua NH-D15S fit?

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

https://faqs.noctua.at/en/support/solutions/articles/101000472105-what-is-the-ram-clearance-of-my-noctua-cpu-cooler-

TL;DR: the D15S has 66mm of RAM clearance, and since Flare X5 sticks are 33mm tall, it'll fit just fine. If you get the non-S version, that only has a standard RAM clearance of 32mm, so you'd have to raise the fan up 1mm in order to get everything to fit, and given that you have 15mm of clearance between the cooler and the side panel at stock (the NH-D15 is 165mm tall and the Lancool 216 can fit 180mm coolers), that extra mm you need to raise the fan up is effectively irrelevant. 

Not that I'd exactly recommend the NH-D15 anyway, it's been outclassed by coolers much cheaper than it at this point. Something like a Deepcool AK620 or Thermalright Peerless Assassin is going to be half the cost and slightly better performance, plus they both have better RAM clearance. 

Budget (including currency): ~$1500 USD

Parts List:

Case: Lian Li 216 ATX Mid Tower

MoBo: MSI B650-P Pro WiFi

CPU: Ryzen 7 7700X

RAM: Gskill Flare x5, 2x16GB

(other parts aren’t too relevant to the post)

I plan to build my first PC over the summer, but I’m struggling to figure out whether I can fit the Noctua NH-D15S without blocking the RAM. I’m 99% sure it’ll fit in the case, but I haven’t found much on whether it’ll block the RAM space or not. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! 
:)

https://faqs.noctua.at/en/support/solutions/articles/101000472105-what-is-the-ram-clearance-of-my-noctua-cpu-cooler-

TL;DR: the D15S has 66mm of RAM clearance, and since Flare X5 sticks are 33mm tall, it'll fit just fine. If you get the non-S version, that only has a standard RAM clearance of 32mm, so you'd have to raise the fan up 1mm in order to get everything to fit, and given that you have 15mm of clearance between the cooler and the side panel at stock (the NH-D15 is 165mm tall and the Lancool 216 can fit 180mm coolers), that extra mm you need to raise the fan up is effectively irrelevant. 

Not that I'd exactly recommend the NH-D15 anyway, it's been outclassed by coolers much cheaper than it at this point. Something like a Deepcool AK620 or Thermalright Peerless Assassin is going to be half the cost and slightly better performance, plus they both have better RAM clearance. 

Plus 1 for Ronothan

D15 not just a matter of will it fit can you fit it? Not a lot off room in a pc case gpu few mill away from one side top fans on the other back of case and vrm coolers.... I love Noctua but my god was that a pita to fit in the last build. Even fan clips when you got to remove your gpu to do it.

Peerless Assassin are great even gamers nexus doesn't complain about em high praise indeed.

15 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thank you so much! I’ve been a bit busy with college that I’ve lost touch with what’s currently the best outside of the big stuff. I’ll look into the other products you mentioned, like you mentioned, Noctua was a bit pricey