Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

HUMMERS ANYONE....

I own the 2005 tan one below now (bought it about 3 years ago)....

I traded the others.  The red H3 was too small.  The black H2 had too many maintenance issues and was a “hidden” rust monster from Kansas.  Got the tan one in Florida.....

Very maintenance intensive....just had the AC blower control resistor crap out

I converted the day time running lights to fog lights

Retractable foot rails.....

37” BFGs

Rear air suspension system

Both front and rear diffs have a powertrax lock-right carrier conversion (pics below)

6884BDC8-C239-4AAB-9821-2CAF502C0C12.jpeg

26E36019-F4B8-46DD-8B87-282FE7C926D9.jpeg

FB4C575D-4A68-4341-83BD-825CAABA7006.jpeg

525ECED1-B558-4FCC-89C8-584851A250A1.jpeg

4DFBD218-BA37-48C1-B5E9-F79A29E01E12.jpeg

Always nice to see another enthusiast here. Welcome! 

not into hummers but I dig it! 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Well the basis of this discussion was "Why don't car people like EVs?"

And the answer to that is because they're full of themselves when it comes to enjoying driving, imo. They don't enjoy driving, they enjoy circle jerking over 'performance.'

I get your initial post now!

Someone also pointed something quite interesting, those vehicle are being pushed onto you pretty hard by the governments ...

8 hours ago, RobtCA1974 said:

HUMMERS ANYONE

Yes please, but non of what your serving up. For me its HMMWV please. The portal hubs are good, but I'd probably swap out to deuces for the axles with arb lockers and some power upgrades for 38" bead locks.

Also Happy 6000 pages to this thread (unofficially, as I still see all hidden comments which when combined Has up to 6K)

image.png.24b3b7e525debf205e2c67abebe76d7f.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

face down?

I'm never coming back to this website again

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

What the hell did I walk in on

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

On 11/10/2020 at 3:02 AM, 3 Lions said:

The coolest looking van ever...

volkswagen bus> any other van

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Ugh... Parking brake not stronk enough... fog lights blinking and xenon harness not properly fastened.

I don't use parking brakes because I live on the north pole (or thereabouts) and my wheels will freeze... I don't use fog lights because I don't know the point even... and the xenons... I don't want the cheap Wish.com-ish xenon kits to start a fire in my engine bay so I mounted them as I found best. Apparently it was "reckless or inadequate" to mount it in such a way. 

2 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

I don't use fog lights because I don't know the point even

they cut through fog alot better than regular lights

3 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Apparently it was "reckless or inadequate" to mount it in such a way. 

lmfao, why not just put the money down for some nice xenons?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

8 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

lmfao, why not just put the money down for some nice xenons?

Lol they were included with the car and I only installed them because the original bulb mounting was removed (due to the xenons) and I was afraid to be electrocuted to death by the open contacts when I saw how that was mounted (with plain high beam bulbs)... I'm gonna buy new original bulb mounting when I can be bothered.

8 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

they cut through fog alot better than regular lights

Ah we pretty much never have fog here... if we do it's during the night ..when I sleep. On the previous car I bumped the fog light switch with my foot or something and noticed the fog light symbol in the dash. I was all like "WTH is this warning light?? Hand me that car manual". lmao

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Salvage title m5 is still a m5

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Salvage title m5 is still a m5

Interested to see what they do with the LS430 lol

Spoiler

Hi! I finally saved up some money. And my parents are going to help me with the rest (I don't have enough to pay for the whole thing). What is the most reliable new fun car I could buy with a maximum budget of $100,000?

Edit: That's US Dollars
Around 131,352 Canadian Dollars at the time of writing this

6 minutes ago, GAME 55 said:

Hi! I finally saved up some money. And my parents are going to help me with the rest (I don't have enough to pay for the whole thing). What is the most reliable new fun car I could buy with a maximum budget of $100,000?

Why are your parents helping you with a $100k USD purchase of a depreciating asset? 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Why are your parents helping you with a $100k USD purchase of a depreciating asset? 

I convinced them, I really really love cars, and they know that. I saved up $30K and they are going to pay the rest.

It doesn't have to cost $100K, it might cost a little bit less the 100K is the maximum, also it is going to be reliable right?
That is what I asked you guys to help me with, I don't have experience with expensive sports cars being reliable, I owned a 2008 1.8 Honda Civic, and a Mazda Miata, they were both extremely reliable, I gave the Miata to my brother when he got his driving license, and now I still have the Civic with 160k miles on the clock, I will sell it of course if I bought a new car, and since it will be reliable I will just daily drive it, why not?

On 11/6/2020 at 11:47 PM, pinksnowbirdie said:

So can anyone give me a guess where they think this leak would be coming from in my 2003 Saab 9-3? This was after a car wash 

I’ll have my guess in a spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

I think the leak is from the windshield 

514721C9-C4F9-4664-ACA3-2C33D14263F7.thumb.jpeg.47018b32ef3450c451448ba118f8e351.jpeg

Check under the cowl on the passenger side, the water can drain into the cabin air filter housing if stuff starts to wear away

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, GAME 55 said:

I heard that the 911 Carrera is reliable, that's where the $100K price came from.

I posted that ^^^^ because I wanted to see if someone could help me and offer me more options, maybe even cheaper options.