How is this thing called?

Hi, I have a question. A friend of mine gave me his old PC Case (Kolink Observatory RGB), but 2 things are missing. A screw for the window and a thing on the back where the graphics card is. The thing i still have no idea why it exists and what it's job 😄

Can someone tell me what it is? What it's called? Maybe I will order it at a shop

Thanks

thing.png

The thing on the back is probably just to make it look cleaner and keep you from sticking stuff in there from the back.

You can probably buy replacement parts and screws for it.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.8GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.35v High LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs w/ 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

They are side panel thumbscrews, not sure what the GPU ones are called

Apprentice Software Developer

41 minutes ago, Mysterion04 said:

Hi, I have a question. A friend of mine gave me his old PC Case (Kolink Observatory RGB), but 2 things are missing. A screw for the window and a thing on the back where the graphics card is. The thing i still have no idea why it exists and what it's job 😄

Can someone tell me what it is? What it's called? Maybe I will order it at a shop

Thanks

Contact Kolink support, attach your picture. https://kolinkcs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us?return_to=%2Fhc%2Frequests

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

The part for the graphics card at the back is for a vertical mount, to mount your gpu vertically. It needs a seperate adaptor for it.

7 hours ago, Mysterion04 said:

Thanks

thing.png

The round ones you marked is a thumbscrew, idk what sizing it is

Sure looks custom made though (as in : specially made for that case by Kolink).

6 hours ago, WackySpace said:

The part for the graphics card at the back is for a vertical mount, to mount your gpu vertically. It needs a seperate adaptor for it.

The rectangle part is some sort of retaining bracket/clamp for any PCIe device, not a vertical mounting slot.

AFAIK, It basically clamps the "L" part of PCIe bracket of (let's say) GPU, though the PCIe device will still need screws to make it truly secure in place.

OP, I never used that case or any case that uses that system, but from how it looks like, seems to me that you can mount any PCIE device without the rectangle part. Simpler term : It's more to half flair than a necessity.

Video below is timestamped to when GPU is being installed :

image.png.b83144b995900bb75d3cc5d95a9837df.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.