Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

since when is practical  sexy :P

it was for me. that's why i prefer an e39 m5 to an e46 m3.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm the resident merc enthusiast so i'm a bit more inclined to like mercs.

And the 770 is absolutely gorgeous (To my eyes)  ;)

Some of them are slightly spoiled by the fact that an angry little Austrian started a war. But still.. 

thats why i have stayed away from adding those to my garage i have to many Jewish friends that would be "offended" (for understandable reasons) the most amazing thing austira has done is convince us that hitler is German and Beethoven was Austrian 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

wanna hear something sad? the Seinna(2009 AWD) has a faster 0-60 time than the first gen Tundra, and the 7th gen Celica GT.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Kind of a funny anecdote for you all about my latest experience at the Ford dealership.Talk about low objective quality evidence (OQE): 

At some point or another within the last few weeks I picked up a small nail in the tread of one of my tires on the Fiesta ST. Took it to the Ford dealer where I bought it for a standard oil change (since I get discounted services done there) and to look at the tire. After being told the car was finished and a visual inspection didn't reveal anything wrong with the tire, I had to explain to the tech that colder weather doesn't cause a drop of 19 PSI (39 to 20 PSI) in just one tire as this is what he tried to tell me. Now I'm used to working with and explaining technical things like this to shop guys / mechanics at my job, so this didn't bother me. Just standard operating procedure for me.

So the tech does the rework: finds the nail & patches the tire. Everything seems all fine until the day when the tire pressure sensor light comes back on. The tire pressure in just that wheel has now dropped from 36 PSI to 15 PSI. Unsat. 

Pulled the wheel off after work today and looked at the plug that was applied to the tire. Looks like it stuck out way beyond the OD of the tire, got crushed immediately upon driving it, and the shear force increased the size of the hole; rendering the plug useless. Looks like I'll be sticking to oil changes only at this place from now on.

Kind of a funny anecdote for you all about my latest experience at the Ford dealership.Talk about low objective quality evidence (OQE): 

At some point or another within the last few weeks I picked up a small nail in the tread of one of my tires on the Fiesta ST. Took it to the Ford dealer where I bought it for a standard oil change (since I get discounted services done there) and to look at the tire. After being told the car was finished and a visual inspection didn't reveal anything wrong with the tire, I had to explain to the tech that colder weather doesn't cause a drop of 19 PSI (39 to 20 PSI) in just one tire as this is what he tried to tell me. Now I'm used to working with and explaining technical things like this to shop guys / mechanics at my job, so this didn't bother me. Just standard operating procedure for me.

So the tech does the rework: finds the nail & patches the tire. Everything seems all fine until the day when the tire pressure sensor light comes back on. The tire pressure in just that wheel has now dropped from 36 PSI to 15 PSI. Unsat. 

Pulled the wheel off after work today and looked at the plug that was applied to the tire. Looks like it stuck out way beyond the OD of the tire, got crushed immediately upon driving it, and the shear force increased the size of the hole; rendering the plug useless. Looks like I'll be sticking to oil changes only at this place from now on.

That sucks. I have a nail in one of my tires, but I can't be bothered to fix it, since it doesn't drop in pressure or anything... And this will be the last winter those tires will see.

Honda needs to make another roadster or at least a sports coupe. Toyota, Mazda, and even lukewarm Nissan have sports coupes. But what does honda have? Nothing. And don't say NSX. That's a whole different price range.

Yeah they do. But I think Honda is too busy trying to become boring and remove the Honda fanboy image from their name.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

That sucks. I have a nail in one of my tires, but I can't be bothered to fix it, since it doesn't drop in pressure or anything... And this will be the last winter those tires will see.

The loss of money on the repair doesn't bother me or anything, but it does make me feel bad for the dealer itself. Their customer service is actually quite good, but I've seen better quality repairs from Walmart service techs whose training probably consists of at most a 30 minute instructional video.

Yeah they do. But I think Honda is too busy trying to become boring and remove the Honda fanboy image from their name.

gUXi0lal.jpg

They aren't doing a good job by those standards. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

I saw a Tesla with a roof rack yesterday. First rack'd tesla that I have seen.

The one at the Tesla store I went to had roof racks

there's one down the road from me that's running without the front body area thing. It got wreked and they drive it around fenderless and front bumperless. I don't see it too often and it makes me think they don't have insurance on it.

Some people just don't have the time to get it fixed lol, my CR-V didn't have a rear bumper on it for quite a while even though insurance was ready to pay for the repair, I just didn't have time to bring it in to the shop, nor a spare car to use while it's getting fixed.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

just spotted an armored mercedes on my way to school, atleast i think it was armoured. (looked like it had two layer windows and a black "bezel" around the inside of the windows) looked kinda like this: http://www.gizmag.com/mercedes-s600-guard/33294/ (probably wasnt though)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Also this is pretty dank... can't wait to see how GReddy adapts this to the various guage types. Of course at the end of the day, cost trumps all so...

TAS2016-27.jpg

That looks awesome :D I love digital spedometers as it is but this is just next level in terms of ease or reading and cool-ness.

i usually omit mb from the late 30s and early 40s from my dream car list 

I can't possible think why... They made some great vehicles...

Mercedes-Benz-in-WWII-2.jpg

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

thats why i have stayed away from adding those to my garage i have to many Jewish friends that would be "offended" (for understandable reasons) the most amazing thing austira has done is convince us that hitler is German and Beethoven was Austrian 

Which is why i have no friends  B)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Switching between cars with vastly different gear stick positions is really confusing. I keep on groping around the radio controls for the gear stick in the Corsa and then grabbing my passenger's right knee in the Panda

Corsa:

269170_630x362.jpg

Panda cross:

article-2299996-18F37EC2000005DC-173_468

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Soon.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

My Buddy Joey (Boosted Integra) is buying this:

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5400473017.html

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

@RevoltTrain this is what would happen if I tried to do a burnout. G80 Gov-Lock FTW! If I install a hop-shock then that would fix the issue, but those only came factory as an option in the standard cab. :/

Dear lord.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Honda needs to make another roadster or at least a sports coupe. Toyota, Mazda, and even lukewarm Nissan have sports coupes. But what does honda have? Nothing. And don't say NSX. That's a whole different price range.

They have the S660, which is an entry level sports vehicle that is known for its neutral handling balance. It is priced well below the MX-5 and is much cheaper to own in some countries (since it meets Kei regulations).

Yesterday it was 70F with a low of 60F, today it's 40F with a low of 32. Gotta love our weird weather.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

And so it begins

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

oy

Sweet. That means there is a new one out on MotorTrend on demand too  ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

well, if they make a nice cheap rwd roadster similar to the s2000, they can try to remove that fanboy image without being boring.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

They have the S660, which is an entry level sports vehicle that is known for its neutral handling balance. It is priced well below the MX-5 and is much cheaper to own in some countries (since it meets Kei regulations).

not sold in america. because people here are scared as shit to drive small cars.