Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Quick question that someone may know the answer to. 
Finally, months after the S10 crash, I may be purchasing a 1994 Prelude SI (H23A1 2.3L) and had a question about the the header studs sizing. 
The only things wrong with this Prelude is that the Header is loose from the engine due to needing a stud replaced. I know this only causes an exhaust leak, but due to not wanting to deal with extra obnoxiousness, I'd rather take the two minutes to replace it before leaving my friends house (guy I'm buying from).

Annnnyways... 
I looked up the stud on multiple local auto part shops websites, and they have three different sizes and google searches aren't helping find the stud size. Any help would be appreciated and If I do get it, you can expect RevoltTrain and I to be uploading the reveal video of it once we have it. 

Thanks again, 

Justin

What kind of golf is it?. 

Also. Good luck catching the coolant when you drain the system  :lol:

2001 MK4 Golf 4 door GLS 1.8T 5spd (with an APR tune in the spring, I hope). 

LOVE rockauto. Get stuff from them all the time. My Corolla drips a tiny amount of ATF from one of the axle seals. I have to top off the transmission with like half a quart once every 2 months or so. But it hasn't gotten any bigger so I don't want to fix it lol

Rockauto is amazing! Clutch for the Golf cost me a fraction of what local parts retailers and shops were asking, and it was the exact OEM brand clutch too. :D Always the first place I go to price out parts and they always have way lower prices, including shipping. They also give you a wide range of brands to choose from so you can decide if you want bottom of the barrel or top-notch OEM stuff. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Holy crop I didn't know you had an account. Does AutoZone now have any idea what size the studs are?

Autozone said they don't carry vehicle specific studs and bolts unfortunetly and yes, I do have an account! I just don't get on as much as I should. 

#RipS10

Autozone said they don't carry vehicle specific studs and bolts unfortunetly and yes, I do have an account! I just don't get on as much as I should. 

#RipS10

RIP

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

we get the Tundra back today! :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

well the teacher is sick so i got to skip one of my classes today so im probably going to go to some of those old car shops i hit every once and a while if i do ill take pics

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

MRW i'm about thirty meters away from my car.. Walking towards a parking meter to pay for my spot. And i see a parking inspector jog in the direction of my car.

http://i.imgur.com/RG7JAWY.gifv

(A friend of mine just got a parking ticket in gothenburg. And he was only away from the car for like two minutes)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I really like Lucky's Chevelle

maxresdefault.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just finished watching "The man from U.N.C.L.E." And it has a pretty neat car chase scene in it.

Don't watch it if you don't want spoilers. 

WELP. Kubica crashed out for the day and Tanak had a scary off. Both Mikkelsen and Meeke both had scary spins but only lost a bit of time.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This is a manual, right? Has to be I'd imagine

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/5409251459.html

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

tumblr_mhb2dhYnpx1rppb1ko1_500.gif

James May will be back with another (3-part) Season of "James May's Cars of the people" starting this sunday at 9pm GMT on BBC2. The first season was really interesting, so I'm exited for this one. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06z98lc

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

This is a manual, right? Has to be I'd imagine

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/5409251459.html

It says on the right that it is an automatic

James May will be back with another (3-part) Season of "James May's Cars of the people" starting this sunday at 9pm GMT on BBC2. The first season was really interesting, so I'm exited for this one. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06z98lc

clarkson_smile_GT86_2_c.gif

YES! 

One unfortunate side effect of watching "The man from U.N.C.L.E." is that i'm now really into vintage off road bikes.

Rickman+Metisse+01.jpg

How's that a bad thing :P

Finding one is going to be a bitch  :lol:

It says on the right that it is an automatic

YES! 

That shifter looks like a manual to me

new search: I'm looking for a car. my parents' requirements are,

1: needs to be reliable. really reliable. basically, Toyota or Honda reliable.

2: needs to be able to sit 4 people

3: needs to be somewhat fuel efficient.

4: $3000ish USD budget

so basically I want something that's sporty, 2 doors is fine, but since it will be my car after high school, is fun to drive and a little fast.

so far on my list is:

Celica

Prelude

Corolla

matrix (if I find a deal)

help me out. anything else I should keep an eye out for?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

That shifter looks like a manual to me

Looks like a T handle to me. So i'm 99% sure its an automatic

bSJU6xx.png

new search: I'm looking for a car. my parents' requirements are,

1: needs to be reliable. really reliable. basically, Toyota or Honda reliable.

2: needs to be able to sit 4 people

3: needs to be somewhat fuel efficient.

so basically I want something that's sporty, 2 doors is fine, but since it will be my car after high school, is fun to drive and a little fast.

so far on my list is:

Celica

Prelude

Corolla

matrix (if I find a deal)

help me out. anything else I should keep an eye out for?

Celica GT4?

Celica GT4?

the GT4s are surprisingly hard to find here. I would love a 5th or 6th-en GT4, or a 7th gen GT-S.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

isnt that Europe only why dont the bring it over here. or am i getting confused with james may live thing he did

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/