Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I just can't get over the looks of the prelude..

That's why I like the celica. It's as fast, but also looks cool.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

price range and what options (2 door 4 door coupe convertible ect.)

5500 Max, I'm open to 2 doors, 4 doors, convertibles, mini trucks and some wagons. Main things are good looking, sporty, good aftermarket support, and reliable.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I just can't get over the looks of the prelude..

I really like the looks, good experience with them personally. Roommate as you guys may have seen earlier is looking at a 4th gen (Not my style but not bad either)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

That's why I like the celica. It's as fast, but also looks cool.

I can't get over the looks of them. Not a fan at all. But that's just personal preference. 

Better than an Elco with only primer by the looks of it. That 350 thats new in it is worth more than the elco unfortunatly. :(

It's a good starting point though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

so page 1947 needs one of my favorite cars from 1947 and 1948

48-Tucker-48-DV-10-MB_d04.jpg

48-Tucker-48-DV-10-MB_d05.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I'm buying a 1990 240sx (http://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/5390545394.html) with a bad engine. I want to put a 2jz in it, but will use it as a daily. I really want to know if i can keep AC and Heat. 

S13 Hatch. I approve.

This makes me want to get something that can pull off white walls.  :wub:

Love white walls to death

And they don't look good on MiniTrucks.  :unsure:

i am finally getting to you guys :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I'm buying a 1990 240sx (http://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/5390545394.html) with a bad engine. I want to put a 2jz in it, but will use it as a daily. I really want to know if i can keep AC and Heat. 

Doesn't the 2JZ usually have AC on there already? My little brother has a 200SX S13 rocking an SR20DET at the moment.

And they don't look good on MiniTrucks.  :unsure:

Sadly no

I'd imagine they have a compressor on the engine assy but it needs to be plumed into the ac system of the car that's being built, and if the blower box the condensor or whatever gets really cold, I can't remember what its called, if that box will be too big and get in the way of the new engine. With enough fiddling you can get anything to work, but usually its a huge pain with swaps. Really it just needs to be plumbed and that usually too much work to get to work for most people, but can be done.

I'd assume his 240 is coming with AirCon, once again I'm pretty sure most (if not all) did. Then it's simply a case of running some custom lines from the expansion tank top the pump, and from the pump to the condenser. The rest of the circuit can remain as factory (so long as it's not in the way).

Edit: Found a pic of the system in the service manual for the 200SX (same as 240 I think)..

RFIFqMN.png

Doesn't the 2JZ usually have AC on there already? My little brother has a 200SX S13 rocking an SR20DET at the moment.

i wa

I'd assume his 240 is coming with AirCon, once again I'm pretty sure most (if not all) did. Then it's simply a case of running some custom lines from the expansion tank top the pump, and from the pump to the condenser. The rest of the circuit can remain as factory (so long as it's not in the way).

Edit: Found a pic of the system in the service manual for the 200SX (same as 240 I think)..

RFIFqMN.png

thanks so ill try

@RevoltTrain no bimmas?

------------------------------

125cc supermoto :3333333333333333333 such want much gibe

2014-Yamaha-WR125X-EU-Yamaha-Black-Studi

Yamaha WR125X

The only one I see on the "Portuguese Craigslist" costs ~3000€, but has 45000KM on the odometer O.o

And then there's this

ksr-tr125-copy.jpeg

A "generic" bike (KSR Moto TR 125) that costs 3050€ new :/

(Why can't I have one :( )

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

@RevoltTrain no bimmas?

I'd like to be able to find an E30 or E36, wouldn't feel right being an automatic though.

I'd like to be able to find an E30 or E36, wouldn't feel right being an automatic though.

No manuals there in 'Murica? (I know there are jk)

Are they "uncommon" where you live?

No manuals there in 'Murica? (I know there are jk)

Are they "uncommon" where you live?

I couldn't get a manual as my only car. Only car I'll have available to me.

I couldn't get a manual as my only car. Only car I'll have available to me.

Why not? (Sorry about the questions, I haven't paid much attention to this thread :/)

Dont hate me please

Why not? (Sorry about the questions, I haven't paid much attention to this thread :/)

Dont hate me please

I just couldn't do it personally. Maybe if I had two or more cars. But elsewise I can't

IDK about him but I don't want my daily to have a clutch. Get stuck in traffic and just want to get out and walk.

I know some friends that do it, but I just can't do it personally

Really want to get a Audi A6 4.2 Quattro. But the gas mileage of a V8 would kill me

My grandads tahoe gets 18. Its a 5.3 chevy

The thing is I'll be driving all the time, being a teen means doing dumb teen stuff at night going on random trips to the beach, or out to the country side, and a V8 would kill that real quick