Heaven Society - Week 16 (Desert Punk)

vfAXr6z.png

This Weeks Anime!

Desert Punk

LTTAnimeClub-DesertPunk.png

Synopsis

In the future, Japan is a wasteland. In the Great Kanto Desert, scattered humans eke out a living in the hot sand. Among them, a short-statured man they call "Sunabozu" makes a living as a bounty hunter. Like a demon of the sand, he seems unbeatable. Yet, like all men, he has a particular weakness for the opposite sex...
-from ANN

My Opinion

I thought it was good at the time and it is one of the few anime I bought a dvd volume of but that was when it was new back in 2005 but since I have not seen it in almost 10 years I cant really remember much of it. So I will leave you with no comment on whether it is really good or not.

Links to Watch

Hulu

Synopsis Credit

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @ @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird

Awesome, this is the first time I'm tagged in one of these, and it sounds like the show could be awesome. I will start watching it right after this episode of Naruto. :D

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I don't know if I'll actually have enough time this week too, but maybe I'll at least re watch a few episodes, since I haven't seen the show in a few years.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

How so?

It just looks like a very childish art style (not saying it is to others but it is to me) I'm just really picky with the way my animes look X)

So this one actually won, eh...
Looked good at first glance, was boring for me. Watched 12 episodes out of 24, I believe I gave it more than enough chances to impress me, instead I got a pathetic kid trying to get in the panties of the busty lady. (if I remember it correctly, been a few years)

Oh well, still better than Soul Link (sums it up pretty well), I guess.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Looked good at first glance, was boring for me. Watched 12 episodes out of 24, I believe I gave it more than enough chances to impress me, instead I got a pathetic kid trying to get in the panties of the busty lady. (if I remember it correctly, been a few years)

oh... I had feeling it would be something like that... Thanks for the heads up.

This anime is an interesting it can keep you laughing straight up till the action starts and even give you a chuckle during a fight scene this anime holds a special place in my heart after a bad breakup Desert Punk's mischievous antecs(Pun not typo) got me in a much better mood and even the humor it gave me(cause I wound up ripping off many lines from the show) got me my next girlfriend and the serious tones towards the end wound up leaving big questions but the majority of the shows so comical the big questions just fade away after a while with the comedy... However as I said when I suggested the anime I fear many people around here just can't  accept this type of humor to which I must say just let go, relax, have a laugh, for some of you gentlemen fap fap to your hearts content. (Note Fap at own risk)

It actually gets pretty damn serious towards the end

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Yeah, had some DVD of it(xmas gift trading, regretted instantly)...never watched all of it.

For something made after 2000 it's pathetic.

Blue Gender looks better AND has much better story than this.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Ah yus. I voted for this one. I have not seen and it looks exciting. I have start college again today so I may not finish this one.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Well I've been away the last couple of weeks ... So I think I'll try watching this ... 

Although it doesn't seem like my type ...

Well ... Still deserves a chance  <_<

"Stay focused on the present, and the future will fall into place"

In the future, Japan is a wasteland. In the Great Kanto Desert, scattered humans eke out a living in the hot sand. Among them, a short-statured man they call "Sunabozu" makes a living as a bounty hunter. Like a demon of the sand, he seems unbeatable. Yet, like all men, he has a particular weakness for the opposite sex...

-from ANN

Wow this is just straightforward, i think im gonna love it

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Well I've been away the last couple of weeks ... So I think I'll try watching this ... 

Ah yus. I voted for this one. I have not seen and it looks exciting. I have start college again today so I may not finish this one.

Yeah, had some DVD of it(xmas gift trading, regretted instantly)...never watched all of it.

Trust me this anime is worth finishing the last 6 or 7 episodes are the best by far, and due note after about the halfway mark the show does cut down on it's humor a bit and it even starts to get pretty series in the last few episodes as I had mentioned... 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

you all might be interested in this I havnt read it yet but its bound to be good http://goo.gl/aKyZU8 . Lately ANN and Otaku USA have been having a ton of really good articles coming out. I have actually considered subscribing to Otaku USA again but this time digitally.

EDIT: oops meant to post this in the main thread

Not a problem

Instead of club president for a day. Charger is club president, secretary, trasurer when others cant or just dont feel like it. :P

It just looks like a very childish art style (not saying it is to others but it is to me) I'm just really picky with the way my animes look X)

So the general newer Post 2007 HD digital style then?

you mean how bad soul link is? the name alone is bad enough.

For something made after 2000 it's pathetic.

Blue Gender looks better AND has much better story than this.

Blue Gender is also a completely different anime in a completely different genre. Its also pretty f'd up if I recall, like not Gantz level but getting there. i remember watching it quite late at night on Adult Swim back in the day.

The animation style is mostly the general pre-2007 (digital HD) but it has been simplified. i think it work for the style anime it is and its source.

All anime deserves a chance! (except the entire magical girl genre)

So what is your type?

Wow this is just straightforward, i think im gonna love it

yes its a comedy anime but also ohas some interesting action sequences.

I haven't watched any anime since wolfs rain, so I'm going to make time and watch this series. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

bull shit madoka magica was good lol

That is not your traditional magical girl anime and it ones done by shaft. In reality I see it as a different genre disguising it self as a magical girl anime. :P

It actually gets pretty damn serious towards the end

Well that's the thing.. I hear that about a lot of anime, but if I have to sit through 20 episode of junk to get to the "serious part", then it's simply not worth my time.

That is not your traditional magical girl anime and it ones done by shaft. In reality I see it as a different genre disguising it self as a magical girl anime. :P

Alright, the Nanoha series is good, so is Card Captors Sakura. The only bad parts are the "transformation" scenes.. just horrible.

Other than those 2 examples, I cannot think of any other magical girl anime worth watching.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just realized that Desert Punk has a classic early 2000's Funimation dub. :P

I didnt realize that because I watched it before it came out in the US im pretty sure, possibly on hardsub VCD?