Tell us about your greatest First World Problems!

pythonmegapixel

A first world problem is a problem which is trivial in the grand scheme of things and only really applicable to people in quite developed countries or who have access to modern technology.

An example which just happened to me is that I bought a train ticket online and it's supposed to sync automatically to my phone. But due to current topical events I haven't used the train ticketing app for months, so it signed me out automatically, and to make matters worse it wasn't saved in my password manager so I had to input the password manually, like a caveman.

I'm sure we all have these - so rant away!

The purpose of this thread is not to be dismissive of real problems in society - it's meant to be more a bit of light relief and a bit of fun really.

With that in mind, please help avoid this thread getting locked by not posting anything political, offensive, or otherwise against the forum rules.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

The $5 fan for my PhysX PPU not arriving until late April - late June.

My SCSI optical drive worth $200 if it works not working correctly.

elephants

When you dont have enough space for 2 monitors, 2 consoles, and a pc in one space.

or when you have so many game you dont know what to play.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

My greatest first world problem ATM is my inability to acquire a functioning AMD EPYC CPU at a "reasonable price" on the 2nd hand market.

@pythonmegapixelGreat Thread Idea !

• Not knowing what to eat and drink even though we've got enough food.
  • Having to wait till the 10th of the new Month to receive the Monthly Paycheck in order to buy more stuff and pay for Bills.
  • I bought the Ledger Nano X back in February and it's supposed to arrive in mid April.
  • A friend of mine was able to score a RTX 3060 for me but now I have to wait and save up to be able to buy the rest of the parts.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

A package shipping after 2 weeks from the date of ordering, domestically

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

I solved my first world problem.  I hated when I'm at home, laying on bed and get thirsty.  I don't want to have to get up and walk all the way downstairs to the kitchen or into the garage to open one of the fridges to get a drink.  Instead....I moved my wine chiller upstairs into the master bedroom and have perfectly chilled drinks at hand now.  

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

That moment when it's too cold to not wear gloves, but too warm to wear the thicker gloves I have in my bag, but I left my thinner gloves at home 😢

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Too much food : (

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

1 minute ago, EjectedCasings said:

Too much food : (

I know. What should I order today? The choices are killing me. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I just don't know what game to play next.

With the hundreds I have on Steam, plus Humble choice (which I shouldn't have bought) plus the PC GamePass, I just don't know what to play next! Too many bloody options! 😞 

7 hours ago, minibois said:

That moment when it's too cold to not wear gloves, but too warm to wear the thicker gloves I have in my bag, but I left my thinner gloves at home 😢

This, this, 1000x this! 

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

The worst first world problem is the expectation to be a normal model citizen, and also go to college and achieve great things. Get a job, make a family, get a better job, bonus points for helping humanity in a significant way. If you don't do that, you're worthless... or so it seems.

But onto something lighthearted. My Thinkpad has an annoying stutter with the trackpoint. I've sunk so much money into this thing because this Thinkpad model has been my dream laptop for quite a while and I'm determined to make it perfect.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

Also, what if you live in the second world?

1943981874_Screenshot2021-04-06at12_22_44.png.5d351af53791132a4e14bf35d19574f2.png

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

2 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

The company I worked for shipped things the same day if it was in stock.

well, the bloody website said it was in stock at one of their locations, they're a Czech distributor so they only really have to ship to a customer from a said location only domestically

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

1) having to decide what to eat everyday

a) have all the ingredients but too lazy to cook

b) have all the restaurants nearby but idk what to pick

2) can't buy GPU at Nvidia's MSRP 😔 not only lately but it's always been this way, Malaysia (not a first world country) retailer always adds 10-20% on top of US's market price

3) just like shower water, air conditioner is hard to get the right temp, because your body temp changes throughout the day (or if you're heaty or cool, TCM terms)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Ordering too much food and then tossing it out cause I don't want to eat reheated leftovers

Also probably the fact that I'm debating spending another 5 large on a watch after dropping over 20k on one last month. 😅

sitting inside and eating because I'm bored of sitting inside and eating.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I'm currently waiting on a tax return, and I can't currently figure out a way to have my main monitor plugged into my work computer and personal computer at the same time.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

• 1 month later...

Have Crave, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Prime, Shudder, HBO Max, Starz, etc.

Can't find nothing to watch.

1,753 games on Steam.

Can't find nothing to play.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

A huge library of games, movies, books (all physical, not even counting digital copies of anything, even games at this point) and I don't want to do anything but sit and stare at the wall.

23 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

A huge library of games, movies, books (all physical, not even counting digital copies of anything, even games at this point) and I don't want to do anything but sit and stare at the wall.

The last few weeks i have had the same problem. I have hundreds of games and haven't played many of them. But i just sit in front of my desk being bored and generally not interested in doing anything.

I'd say it's a first world problem because now i have a nice job and money to buy all the latest and greatest stuff i want, but i just can't motivate myself to do anything with that stuff. And when i play any games, it's mostly 10 or almost 20 year old games that i just play for nostalgia.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

The last few weeks i have had the same problem. I have hundreds of games and haven't played many of them. But i just sit in front of my desk being bored and generally not interested in doing anything.

I'd say it's a first world problem because now i have a nice job and money to buy all the latest and greatest stuff i want, but i just can't motivate myself to do anything with that stuff. And when i play any games, it's mostly 10 or almost 20 year old games that i just play for nostalgia.

Amen to that.  Money doesn't buy happiness, it just rents it for a while.

I miss going out and eating with friends sans mask without someone in the general vicinity panicking over an invisible threat.

On 5/17/2021 at 9:10 AM, NZgamer said:

Netflix won't skip the intro automatically 

The Breaking Bad Intro is like 3 Seconds longer than the amount of time the skip Button appears in the bottom left. 

Love that show btw. 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.