The 'I can't stand'

c00face
Message added by LogicalDrm

Please note that Community Standards are still strong and active. Any attacks or harrashment towards any person OR group will be removed and there might be warnings attached:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.
  • No trolling or flame-bait.
    • This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and political or religious debates.

Ho-ho-ho. Saturday night, back from work and relaxing on linustechtips. Reading through forums and there are certain things that members do on here that I can't stand. So I'll start it off by creating a thread and listing things you can't stand. Of course, lets not point anyone out or call anyone out, but keep it very oriented to what it is you can't stand.

What is it you can't stand?

I can't stand people who take things too seriously. Every joke or humor you make, they seem to never understand and just assume you actually mean what you say. Seriously, chill, we're just here to have fun. I don't need you getting defensive over something that is meant as humor (doesn't harm anyone.)

I can't stand the like buttons. Like buttons have its pros, but lets be honest... Some people use it as a way of indirectly attacking you or a way of saying f-you. You're not neutral when you join a side of two people arguing by clicking the like button. It shows your stance and that you support his insults or joined his side.

I can't stand when people get offended too easily. Can never have a civil discourse if the start of the conversation you're already offended.

4 hours ago, c00face said:

Ho-ho-ho. Saturday night, back from work and relaxing on linustechtips. Reading through forums and there are certain things that members do on here that I can't stand. So I'll start it off by creating a thread and listing things you can't stand. Of course, lets not point anyone out or call anyone out, but keep it very oriented to what it is you can't stand.

I can't stand people who take things too seriously. Every joke or humor you make, they seem to never understand and just assume you actually mean what you say. Seriously, chill, we're just here to have fun. I don't need you getting defensive over something that is meant as humor (doesn't harm anyone.)

I can't stand the like buttons. Like buttons have its pros, but lets be honest... Some people use it as a way of indirectly attacking you or a way of saying f-you. You're not neutral when you join a side of two people arguing by clicking the like button. It shows your stance and that you support his insults or joined his side.

I can't stand when people get offended too easily. Can never have a civil discourse if the start of the conversation you're already offended.

I can't stand people who think they're revolutionists and changing the world with their Facebook posts and participation at rallies... when in reality they're just seeking attention and react more on hurt feelings rather than fact. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

When helping out people, I often ask a couple questions.

I have a strong dislike for when people only answer a portion of these questions, when all need to be answered to give a proper complete answer.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I can't stand people who put on fake personas that make them seem cute or nice when they're actually vile assholes when you dig deep. 

I'm a fucked up person. I'll be straight-up about that. But there's a number of narcissists, especially on social media, that love to put on a cute face but are people you'd actually want to smash their face into a car door with.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I cant stand People who think because they have a rainbow flag as facebook avatar makes them save the world and everyone has to listen to their opinions

and People who get offended by everything.

FrankUnderwood-FU.jpg

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

I can't stand people who put on fake personas that make them seem cute or nice when they're actually vile assholes when you dig deep. 

I can't stand statements like this that makes me feel personally attacked :c

jk, love you but yas im an asshole

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Well let's see how long this thread stays civil.

I can't stand the Trending page of YouTube. I check it whenever I'm on YouTube to see if there is some breaking news or maybe a new trailer comes out that I haven't heard of (like when the latest Dune trailer came out), but most of the time that page is just full of rich "influencers" wasting their money.

I also can't stand the word "influencer" especially if they use it as their job title.

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s

Wonderful.  A hate thread.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, c00face said:

Your statements made me like your post. XD

Is your complaint thread serious? 

Should we take this seriously, somewhat seriously, or over seriously? 

I control my feelings. No need to get mad at the video game bro. You'll respawn after you die. Take a chill pill XD

42 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

No need to get mad at the video game bro. You'll respawn after you die.

not if it's artificial difficulty like one hit KO

no im not salty about the new monster that's out in MHW this friday that's been bulli-ing me >:c

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

not if it's artificial difficulty like one hit KO

no im not salty about the new monster that's out in MHW this friday that's been bulli-ing me >:c

or when your mouse disconects from it's reciever

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I can’t stand people who let one part of themselves be they’re entire selves, your hobby’s are not you, the music you like is not you, your sexuality is not you, these things make you who you are as a whole, don't try and make 1 thing who you are, or let one thing be you, be well rounded. 

idk if this makes sense but ye. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

12 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Political ads.

Yes, please ask me if I want chlamydia or gonorrhea.

Same here. It is quite common where I live that some people put stickers on their mailbox saying something like "no ads please". Usually, this works quite well, but for some reason all the political ads are still unaffected, which annoys me quite a bit. My vote is not cheap enough to be swayed by a "pretty face", silly slogans or gifts like a cheap pen or candy (yet, somehow, this type of advertising must still have some kind of influence, since it is still being done every time before an election)

11 hours ago, c00face said:

People who want to push their agenda and political opinion. Just don´t bother me and let me life how I want to.

I can't stand to sit on my awful chair. and religion mixing with politics, well religion the most. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

Political ads.

Yes, please ask me if I want chlamydia or gonorrhea.

Chlamidia over gonorrhea.  Any time.  Less painful, easier to get rid of. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I can't stand Windows 10 updates. 

I have them turned on hoping the updates will fix issues that previous updates created.   

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other peoples' cultures and the Dutch.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

On 10/18/2020 at 2:43 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

Asking the most basic tech questions that are solved with a 2 second Google or YouTube search

Or that little book that most components come with. It's got words which form sentences along with chapters to break up the various sections.

I think it might be called a manual. I'm not sure though. Making a thread BRB...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Or that little book that most components come with. It's got words which form sentences along with chapters to break up the various sections.

I think it might be called a manual. I'm not sure though. Making a thread BRB...

"Where does this cable go"
Idk did you read the manual that tells you.

Also:
Not knowing the common cables and connectors.

53 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"Where does this cable go"
Idk did you read the manual that tells you.

Also:
Not knowing the common cables and connectors.

If no one would aks, no one would answer and no google search would find anything.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

28 minutes ago, Praesi said:

If no one would aks, no one would answer and no google search would find anything.

This information has existed for a loooooong time. Asking on a forum where a SATA cable goes isn't providing the internet with any new information.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:42 PM, c00face said:

I can't stand when people get offended too easily.

*makes an I-can't-stand-it thread*

🤔

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV