The 'I can't stand'

c00face
Message added by LogicalDrm

Please note that Community Standards are still strong and active. Any attacks or harrashment towards any person OR group will be removed and there might be warnings attached:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.
  • No trolling or flame-bait.
    • This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and political or religious debates.

When Google misinterprets your question and you asking "Enable passthrough on Xfinity X1 box" becomes "Switch between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2".

Turns out the passthrough was never enabled/built but WHY NOT JUST SAY THAT?

Also when people forget spaces/commas/other punctuation marks or have everything lowercase.

And when people forget to list all of the components in their tech questions.

Example:

hey guys my pcwont post i need help it has a ryzen7 3700x a gtx 1070 ti and a a320 board can youhelp please

I even saw a question on Tom's Hardware where someone was trying to help and asked for the PSU brand, make, and model, and the OP said "Well you're a tech wizard so I assumed you knew."

Turned out it was a bad PSU (A Zebronics one).

But still!

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Also when people forget spaces/commas/other punctuation marks or have everything lowercase.

Oh boy - we used to have a regular here that would capitalize every single word in a sentence.

It Was The Most Annoying Thing To Read In The Universe. It Was Very Difficult To Follow And Logically Made No Sense, As It Is Far More Effort To Capitalize Every Single Word Than It Would Be To Simply Type Like A Normal Person.

Also, their punctuation wasn't even as good as that xD

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

People that pretend to fight racism, WITH racism ... my fellow Canadian compatriots will probably understand what I'm talking about, if not, here are a few words to help ; Ottawa Uni and n-word. 

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

People that pretend to fight racism, WITH racism ... my fellow Canadian compatriots will probably understand what I'm talking about, if not, here are a few words to help ; Ottawa Uni and n-word. 

Here in the US the anti racist folks are often ten times more racist and hate filled then the racist folks they hate.  So its not just Canada thing.

I can't stand whenever I sit down, biggest problem in this lifetime.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

5 minutes ago, ausham said:

Here in the US the anti racist folks are often ten times more racist and hate filled then the racist folks they hate.  So its not just Canada thing.

Astonishing isn't it? Without mentioning specific political factions (I'm sure people can figure it out) We have a political party here in the U.S. that is completely OBSESSED over race, gender sexual orientation, etc. So much that I truly believe they think certain people are too 'weak' to help themselves and therefore need our assistance. This is through providing extra 'privileges', such as affirmative action, lower home interest rates, college enrollments, etc while stripping equality for everyone else. EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING is about identity politics to them.

So, I ask...who REALLY are the bigots here?

1 minute ago, steelo said:

Astonishing isn't it? Without mentioning parties (I'm sure people can figure it out) We have a political party that is completely OBSESSED over race. So much so, I truly believe they think certain people are 'weak' and need our help. So, I ask...who REALLY are the racists here?

Most politicians would fail basic logic test TBH

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Astonishing isn't it? Without mentioning parties (I'm sure people can figure it out) We have a political party that is completely OBSESSED over race. So much so, I truly believe they think certain people are 'weak' and need our help. EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING is about skin color to them.

So, I ask...who REALLY are the racists here?

Not to go too deep down that rabbit hole, but some people do need our help, due to systemic issues that put them at a clear disadvantage to others.

That doesn't make them weak though. (And even if it did, is that bad? Some people need more help than others - we don't just toss them to the wolves).

The US (other places too, but specifically there) has some pretty bad race relations right now - to think otherwise is naivety at best. At least there are people who acknowledge that there is a problem and that it needs fixing - whereas "other" people want to pretend the problem doesn't exist.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

10 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Not to go too deep down that rabbit hole, but some people do need our help, due to systemic issues that put them at a clear disadvantage to others.

That doesn't make them weak though. (And even if it did, is that bad? Some people need more help than others - we don't just toss them to the wolves).

The US (other places too, but specifically there) has some pretty bad race relations right now - to think otherwise is naivety at best. At least there are people who acknowledge that there is a problem and that it needs fixing - whereas "other" people want to pretend the problem doesn't exist.

With all due respect...I ask you, exactly what are these systemic issues here in the U.S? Where in the U.S. Constitution does it provide rights to a certain race and not the other? With that said, the vast majority of homeless (at least here in the U.S.) are White males - you know, that 'privileged' group we all are supposed to hate.

I am a firm believer that 'culture' and bad decision making has a lot to do with those who are less fortunate. Although, I am not so naïve to believe that is always the case. Yes, racism still exists just about everywhere in the world...but I'm not sold on it being 'systemic' in the U.S.

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

TBH the race problem here in the US is mostly caused by folks making it a problem by dragging a isolated incident out into the spot light and causing it to spiral out of control.. Injustice is blind and affects every demagogic here in the US.

1 minute ago, ausham said:

TBH the race problem here in the US is mostly caused by folks making it a problem by dragging a isolated incident out into the spot light and causing it to spiral out of control...

That does have A LOT to do with it. Many of the networks are spotlighting these isolated incidents...they love every minute they can stir up hate and division.

I do find it a bit strange that we heard about the riots every day for about 2 months straight, now we rarely hear anything. It's like a light switch that was suddenly turned off.

Just now, steelo said:

I ask you, exactly what are these systemic issues here in the U.S. Where in the U.S. Constitution does it provide rights to a certain race and not the other?

Let me just stop you there - the US constitution didn't stop literal slavery for happening for 100 years, so clearly it can be exploited by those in power.

Also simply because something is unconstitutional doesn't mean it won't happen. The fact that I can speed, get pulled over, and never fear for my life when getting a ticket is something that a lot of People of Colour will never experience, for example.

Just now, steelo said:

With that said, the majority of homeless (at least here in the U.S.) are White males

Homelessness is a massive problem - one that has many causes - just because white males have it bad there doesn't erase other racial injustices.

Just now, steelo said:

you know, that 'privileged' group we all are supposed to hate.

I don't hate white people. I don't know anyone that does (POC or white). Some radicalized extremist racists might - but that's certainly not even remotely the norm.

But I do acknowledge that I have privileges as a white person that a POC does not - things that are done every single day, often without a word, but I will never have a problem with.

Granted, race relations in Canada aren't as bad (and tend to be more focused on Indigenous Peoples issues rather than Black People).

3 minutes ago, ausham said:

TBH the race problem here in the US is mostly caused by folks making it a problem by dragging a isolated incident out into the spot light and causing it to spiral out of control...

You say that, yet over and over again we see very similar issues happening where a Person of Colour has to put up with a situation a white person wouldn't (not even considering the amount of times a POC has been literally murdered by cops where a white person probably wouldn't even have been arrested or troubled).

Yes there are people that take advantage of any of these racial issues - on all sides of the political spectrum. But there is a problem, and it needs fixing.

Just now, steelo said:

That does have A LOT to do with it. Many of the networks are spotlighting these isolated incidents...they love every minute they can stir up hate and division.

Because a controversial story can be ran longer and makes them more money.

Just now, ausham said:

Because a controversial story can be ran longer and makes them more money.

It's not rocket science that negative news is more interesting to people.

News organizations push controversial topics and stories with negative outcomes because that's what sells - that's what people want to read.

Ideally you get your news from a wide variety of sources to fill in the blanks.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You say that, yet over and over again we see very similar issues happening where a Person of Colour has to put up with a situation a white person wouldn't (not even considering the amount of times a POC has been literally murdered by cops where a white person probably wouldn't even have been arrested or troubled).

It happens just as much to whites, but our media is silent on it, not being from the US you will only see one side of the issue.

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Let me just stop you there - the US constitution didn't stop literal slavery for happening for 100 years, so clearly it can be exploited by those in power.

Yes there are people that take advantage of any of these racial issues - on all sides of the political spectrum. But there is a problem, and it needs fixing.

But I do acknowledge that I have privileges as a white person that a POC does not - things that are done every single day, often without a word, but I will never have a problem with.

I'm not sure how that is relevant, slavery today in the U.S. is highly illegal in any form.

What privileges do you have as a White person that others do not? If I run from a cop or pull out a weapon, I fully expect to be shot or at the very least tasered. Yes, racism exists...nobody is denying this, but some things are just common sense.