AMD is confident there won't be availability issues with the RX 6000 series when it launches

Delicieuxz
9 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

? Why would AMD wait a year? They will be nov/Dec 2020.

The guy claimed everyone will have a 3080 or 3090 before AMD gets their gpus out. That wont happen unless its 2022 when the amd cards come out. I would not be surprised if people get new AMD gpu:s sooner than people get their launch day ordered 3080:s.

30 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Not going to stop 1000's of bots using individual accounts, order limits are already a thing and it does nothing to stop this.

I don't think AMD is gonna have stock issues, most of the market still wants Nvidia while AMD traditionally caters to the mid to lower tiers with their price points, I'm not sure I've really heard of shortages on AMD launches besides the first few days, and not to the level of any of Nvidia's launches.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

1 minute ago, Lord Bloobus said:

I don't think AMD is gonna have stock issues, most of the market still wants Nvidia while AMD traditionally caters to the mid to lower tiers with their price points, I'm not sure I've really heard of shortages on AMD launches besides the first few days, and not to the level of any of Nvidia's launches.

Only long time supply issue was back in the R9 200 era during the mining craze, where literally everything was sold out for months.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

By making this claim people are just going to bot troll them more to ruin the launch, this was stupid thing to day.

Or, perhaps their evil genius plan is to ensure all cards get bought up at launch, even if by bots.  Then they can claim record sales.

1120086189_Accordingtoplan.jpeg.4c922d7fb3ab74eb1d5ccbef7d60739b.jpeg

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Only long time supply issue was back in the R9 200 era during the mining craze, where literally everything was sold out for months.

I'm gonna mark that down as an outlier in my graph.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

6 hours ago, porina said:

Bonus points if anyone can work out what the typical time gap is between previous AMD product announcements and when you can actually buy it. Let's see if this follows that pattern, or if it is longer.

Actually I am very curious. What has been the gap between reveal and actual availability?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

11 minutes ago, Lord Bloobus said:

the Fury X was in very short supply at launch. I managed to order one before they went out of stock on Newegg, and then a few days later the tracking updated to show it was being taking off the cargo ship in California (iirc). Took 2 weeks to ship across the continent and arrive lol.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

11 minutes ago, Lord Bloobus said:

3900X was impossible to find for several months post launch. Same with Radeon 7, but that was probably deliberate.

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

3 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

Gotta admit, I was one of them that was gonna buy one at launch. But you got me thinking about all the times before this when they released GPU's with shit drivers crashing peoples computer. AMD has historically been the biggest offender of this, so I will wait it out for at least another two or so months before buying one, no matter how badly I want one. 😑

I think this is a smart decision. Patiently waiting to see if AMD is going to make my GPU decision hard with Big navi. Almost bought me a graphics card over the summer, but thankfully, I held my spartan reserve with anticipation of Ampere and Big Navi. So we'll see. Held out this long, I can wait a month or two as things level out.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

the Fury X was in very short supply at launch. I managed to order one before they went out of stock on Newegg, and then a few days later the tracking updated to show it was being taking off the cargo ship in California (iirc). Took 2 weeks to ship across the continent and arrive lol.

I don't count 1 off cards when talking generational supplies, as I remember it was not the best card anyways despite trying its hardest.

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Or that the company making it has an interest in selling to their customers and remaining in business.

every company already has that interest. they dont choose to run out of products

Just now, Lord Bloobus said:

I don't count 1 off cards when talking generational supplies, as I remember it was not the best card anyways despite trying its hardest.

yeah it wasn't that good. It matched a 970 in performance but at a stupid power draw. It also was water cooled with the cheapest Coolermaster pump available - same as the 120v AIO pump iirc. When it arrived the pump whine was so loud and obnoxious that I got rid of that card like it was carrying the plague. I've heard since then that most have died because the AIO's ran dry and couldn't be refilled. That card was my lesson never to buy at launch.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Just now, Briggsy said:

yeah it wasn't that good. It matched a 970 in performance but at a stupid power draw. It also was water cooled with the cheapest Coolermaster pump available - same as the 120v AIO pump iirc. When it arrived the pump whine was so loud and obnoxious that I got rid of that card like it was carrying the plague. I've heard since then that most have died because the AIO's ran dry and couldn't be refilled. That card was my lesson never to buy at launch.

Yeah, it had huge power use, coil whine, loud as shit cooler despite the AIB, didn't surpass the similarly priced nvidia card. But damn was it an interesting idea!

AMD has not let consumers down for quite a while. Just have faith dude. Consoles have been in production for quite a while which means that AMD probably was ready to start manufacturing months ago. Nvidia started to manufacture like a month ago so as long AMD started 2 months ago and is going to continue until release they'll have enough stock.

Nvidia did this on purpose just to push AMD to release their cards so that they can release their Ti cards afterwards and trump them.

You know what, I'm ok with AMD cashing in on this. Nvidia really dropped the ball with this launch in many ways. Including the manufacturing node they chose.

So you go AMD. At least I know that availability will be better than the 3080 because it seems impossible to beat the insane shortages.

Plus you already lowkey promised that you'll have a better launch at the 3080.

AMD, your launches are usually crap, but you have a chance to make this one good. Ball is in your court.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, AlwaysWong said:

AMD GPU driver is still unreliable than NVIDIA GPU driver. AMD needs to focus software department too. 

NVIDIA has had major launch driver issues. just no one remembers cus it was only the top end cards out for the first 2-3 months and by the time the masses got them it was fixed.

AMDs had 1 rough driver launch their first new GPU in almost a decade.

They are taking the time to get this right. Hell the same IP is already been made by the tens millions for PS5/XOBX X they could have made this GPU 2-4 months earlier if they wanted to rush

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

maybe verified accounts only? Its pretty sad it has come to needing a kind of KYC to enforce customer limits. 

There was a store in the UK that was adding preorders into a raffle and randomly selecting people, then notifying them a card was available for them to purchase. I like this method a lot, but its probably a pain for larger etailers.

I like how microcenter does it. They only allow one per customer and they don't show any availability online so you have to go to the store to buy one and can't reserve one ahead of time. You can't use bots for an in-person purchase. 

5 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Are the AMD cards coming in 2022? :D Looks like 3080 is maybe available in 3-4 months here.

Would depend on the definition of “here”, and how the cards will be distributed which I suspect only AMD knows and even then such a thing might only be a rough idea.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Wasn't it near or equal to the 980? If you look up benchmarks now comparing it to a 980, you can see after lots and lots of driver updates it went passed the 980 and even the 980ti. Also thanks for letting me know i have a rare specimen that is both still working and very quiet.

6 hours ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Yeah, it had huge power use, coil whine, loud as shit cooler despite the AIB, didn't surpass the similarly priced nvidia card. But damn was it an interesting idea!

these days hearing people say 275w is a lot of power is also kinda hilarious with a 3080 using 350w? I can't wait to see how much less power the Navi cards use and seeing people justify the power draw of their 3080's, or even the 3090. Their all powerful lords at Nvidia can't do anything wrong after all.

ps. I'm one of those people who really wants a new GPU (running this vega64 is not fun anymore), i'm waiting for the Navi benchmarks and then either going for it or a 3080... And i'll tell you right now, i'm not looking forward to getting anything that has nvidia on it....

I have no signature

I'd definitely do not expect it to be bad though. Enough time before launch even, can prepare enough stock they see fit. It's not mining craze time, nor RVII limited product. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

15 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

So you're telling me, they won't have the same bot problem?

|x|

i do notice some stores becoming much better with bots like 2 days ago i got a evga 3080 on newegg and the bot i was using to notify me when things go in stock didn't see it at all and the same with another 3rd party bot. so im guessing newegg has some thing to block bots from noticing when they have stock. also i fumbled a bit during checkout and 5 seconds after i checked out it was still in stock which would have been impossible with bots.

15 hours ago, Deli said:

By the time the new AMD graphics cards hit the shop. Everyone wants to upgrade their GPUs will have either 3080 or 3090 in their rigs already. :)

idk i dont think you know how hard it is to get a 3080 rn LUL. 

amd has several things going for them I believe their gpu has been in production longer and tsmc 7nm has much better yields than samsung 8nm. also nvidia's gpu design is inherently really hard to manufacturer i think with the huge increase in cuda cores and the probably more complex memory controller for gddr6x

22 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i

idk i dont think you know how hard it is to get a 3080 rn LUL. 

amd has several things going for them I believe their gpu has been in production longer and tsmc 7nm has much better yields than samsung 8nm. also nvidia's gpu design is inherently really hard to manufacturer i think with the huge increase in cuda cores and the probably more complex memory controller for gddr6x

I'm not familiar with the manufacturing side of thing. However I guess AIB partners use the same production lines for both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards. The question is how much production capacity AIB partners have. The new Nvidia GPUs is having such a big hype and demand. How would you allocate your production capacity for both? Moreover, the supposed 3080 capacitor problem. Will the manufacturers need to change the design, and causing some delay? 

It isn't just how many chips AMD can deliver to AIB partners in time in volume. The previous record of AMD isn't exactly stellar.

15 minutes ago, Deli said:

I'm not familiar with the manufacturing side of thing. However I guess AIB partners use the same production lines for both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards. The question is how much production capacity AIB partners have. The new Nvidia GPUs is having such a big hype and demand. How would you allocate your production capacity for both? Moreover, the supposed 3080 capacitor problem. Will the manufacturers need to change the design, and causing some delay? 

It isn't just how many chips AMD can deliver to AIB partners in time in volume. The previous record of AMD isn't exactly stellar.

idk i feel like its silicon production thats the bottleneck not board manufacturing because if thats the case then nvidia wouldnt be having so much trouble right now and yields from silicon wouldnt be as important to companies

13 minutes ago, Deli said:

Moreover, the supposed 3080 capacitor problem. Will the manufacturers need to change the design, and causing some delay? 

As a minor comment on this part, a component change could cause delays. Generally speaking you don't want to hold excess inventory of components in case they are needed in future, so they plan what they need and when. If they change the capacitors to be fitted, there will be some lead time to get the new components. In small quantities, you can pay over the market rate and get them faster, but in volume at good pricing, this can be more difficult.

Hypothetically a manufacture may try to manage it by continuing "as planned", perhaps with minor tweaks somehow to improve things, until such time a more longer term update can be implemented.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible