AMD is confident there won't be availability issues with the RX 6000 series when it launches

Delicieuxz

Yes, there won't be availability issues because AMD doesn't know how to driver馃挬

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor:聽BenQ GW2280

I don't have any issues with my Vega IGPU in Ryzen 5 2500U. My cousin has RX 580 and I don't recall him ever complaining about any issues. I wonder if it's exclusive to RDNA since it's so radical to their older stuff or not...

On 9/26/2020 at 11:38 PM, leadeater said:

By making聽this claim people are just going to bot troll them more to ruin the launch, this was stupid thing to day.

It depends: if I had a weak product bound to receive mediocre reviews, that would turn my launch into an unexpected success...聽馃

AMD聽has lower priority for fabs and assembly than Nvidia / Intel.聽 They can't get higher volumes even if they wanted it, cause they can't afford it.聽 Money plays.聽 (I'd have to research it but I wouldn't be surprised if Intel gives TSMC more business from chipsets and random shit than AMD does)

So the only scenario where it's not a paper launch is if they gimped the shit out of any mining potential so no one wants the card.

Workstation:聽聽13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000聽|| Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox:聽9900nonK聽||聽Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W聽shunt聽|| Corsair SF600聽|| CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock聽|| ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W聽|| LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||聽 whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) +聽3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

Yes, there won't be availability issues because AMD doesn't know how to driver馃挬

Lol, this joke is dead, the drivers are fine now. My rx480 just really hates overclocking. But for a normal consumer, the drivers are fine.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

AMD聽has lower priority for fabs and assembly than Nvidia / Intel.聽 They can't get higher volumes even if they wanted it, cause they can't afford it.

on 7nm they are now on top. and AMD is likely increasing the amount given a few companies got banned from using TSMC. they got lots of large deployments of Milain right after launch for a few super computers

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-to-become-tsmcs-largest-7nm-customer-in-2020-report

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen聽console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT聽 Nitro+, Corsair RM750X,聽500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba聽x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance聽LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt聽 (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List聽聽聽聽聽 Motherboard Tier List 聽 聽聽SSD Tier List 聽 聽 How to get PC parts cheap 聽聽 HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

If AMD can scale their Navi card to be 2x faster than a 5700XT in benchmarks,it would be close enough to a 3080

The thing is, AMD only said their new design was "50% faster聽per watt".聽 While that聽could聽mean higher performance gains, it could also just mean lower power draw.聽 We'll have to wait and see what the end result it.聽 I'm rooting for them, but I prefer to keep my expectations reserved for now.

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

on 7nm they are now on top. and AMD is likely increasing the amount given a few companies got banned from using TSMC. they got lots of large deployments of Milain right after launch for a few super computers

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-to-become-tsmcs-largest-7nm-customer-in-2020-report

Yep currently AMD is one of their biggest customers, I was looking at the break down a few months ago and I really wasn't expecting them to be such a large share of production.

3 hours ago, thechinchinsong said:

I'm having trouble justifying an RTX-3080ti in my head. If the 3090 is already pulling large amounts of power, I can't see AIBs or Nvidia wanting EVEN more power hungry cards in a higher clocked 3080ti. If we're looking at performance, there's quite a small gap for a potential RTX-3080ti to fit in between the 3080 and 3090 if you want gaming performance to slot in between the two and the VRAM picture doesn't look that good either. Theres going to be a 20gb 3080 sometime so I find it hard for Nvidia to justify a 3080ti between 20 and 24gb of vram (both are plenty). If Nvidia does release it, I feel like it'll be another case of extreme segmentation within their product line which tbh, I don't really see a large market for.聽

Yea the power thing is a problem but there are a couple of possibilities. The first being those rumors of Nvidia moving back to TSMC when they can get fab allocation and do a refresh, but this also assumes moving to a TSMC node will improve power and performance over what they have. The second being a Samsung node revision reducing power draw and the third being a Hybrid Water Block design only card, but I don't think that is very likely聽but such cards have existed from AIB but only as a very high end option and not as standard.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

I'm having trouble justifying an RTX-3080ti in my head. If the 3090 is already pulling large amounts of power, I can't see AIBs or Nvidia wanting EVEN more power hungry cards in a higher clocked 3080ti. If we're looking at performance, there's quite a small gap for a potential RTX-3080ti to fit in between the 3080 and 3090 if you want gaming performance to slot in between the two and the VRAM picture doesn't look that good either. Theres going to be a 20gb 3080 sometime so I find it hard for Nvidia to justify a 3080ti between 20 and 24gb of vram (both are plenty). If Nvidia does release it, I feel like it'll be another case of extreme segmentation within their product line which tbh, I don't really see a large market for.聽

iirc a lot of FuryX cards are dead now because the AIO dried up and they can't be refilled. If Nvidia went this route I would hope they would at least make聽it possible to refill the loop.聽But then it's聽still a pain in the rear, and someone capable of refilling an AIO would probably choose to go with a traditional loop anyway.

R9 3900XT聽| Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090聽| Photon聽1050W聽| 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case聽| Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

iirc a lot of FuryX cards are dead now because the AIO dried up and they can't be refilled. If Nvidia went this route I would hope they would at least make聽it possible to refill the loop.聽But then it's聽still a pain in the rear, and someone capable of refilling an AIO would probably choose to go with a traditional loop anyway.

I was more thinking the design where it's got a normal heatsink and fan but is also a water block and you need to integrate it with a custom loop, I forget who did that before. Was kinda cool because you could use it with and without water.

15 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I was more thinking the design where it's got a normal heatsink and fan but is also a water block and you need to integrate it with a custom loop, I forget who did that before. Was kinda cool because you could use it with and without water.

that was 1080ti or 980ti days now which one I can't find.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen聽console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT聽 Nitro+, Corsair RM750X,聽500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba聽x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance聽LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt聽 (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List聽聽聽聽聽 Motherboard Tier List 聽 聽聽SSD Tier List 聽 聽 How to get PC parts cheap 聽聽 HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

ASUS had such cards in Poseidon series. Basically air cooled, but it had ports fro water cooling loop to be hooked up directly.

But does it rly matter? I love amd and everything they do, but they鈥檒l sell enough of their new bikes so it doesn鈥檛 matter if they don鈥檛 profit from this rdna2 launch

Technically, it is helping AMD a bit. But mostly from XBox side coz it essentially runs Windows and it's very similar. Not so much from PS5 side I think. And also optimizing things for AMD's execution units means games will run better on AMD cards. Unless porting involves total rewrite and optimization for NVIDIA more.