COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
2 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Scholars still regurgitate their figures?

Quebec has more deaths than some country with a billion citizens. Something's up.

We've had a more complete picture of China's performance after the country's initial attempt to embellish its stats.

Keep in mind that a number of factors work in China's favour.  Its population is, on the whole, leaner than in North America (COVID-19 is more likely to kill obese people).  And let's be honest: as horrible as China's government is, its absolute control lets it impose strict lockdown measures with harsh punishments for those who disobey.  I wouldn't ask for China's approach by any means, but it did produce results.

Quebec, meanwhile... well, in addition to a not-so-responsible approach to lockdown, it has the one-two combo of an abundance of inadequately protected nursing homes and a large population of poor immigrants who, in some cases, are working in those nursing homes as it's one of the few jobs they can take in the current climate.  In at least one case there was even a nursing home where the staff simply fled en masse because a large outbreak left them terrified of getting sick.  And if you're a low-income worker, you're not only exposed to more danger at work but at home because of difficulty staying away from others in cramped housing.

Basically, Quebec's situation is the product of societal weaknesses laid bare -- nursing homes need better safeguards and staffing, and immigrants need both more opportunities and better income.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

I'm not sure how well a control group would work in this case.  These countries were chosen in no small part due to the scale of their infections; even a country with relatively high infection rate would have far fewer overall infections.

It's also important to remember that some countries won't be entirely forthright about their figures if they've had either short lockdowns or none at all.  Russia, for instance, has been reluctant to admit that its infections are as bad as they are, and is lifting restrictions even though there are still thousands of new cases every day.  The country says the relatively low deaths are due to high testing numbers, but this is also Putin's Russia we're talking about -- it routinely suppresses failures.

I'm still in the camp that this study only shows a correlation, I am not convinced it proves causation.Outside of S. Korea it does not look like policy played a roll in mitigating the spread - I looks like it just followed a natural progression across the planet. I suspect we (humans) fell under the illusion we had an impact on the spread, in reality it just did its thing and ran it's natural course. 

image.png.5c092aca9096786601ae465394a4488c.png

Cases in California are on the rise once more. Several county officials have rescinded mask mandates due to public backlash and even death threats being made to said officials. 

Will be interesting to see the outcome, and if California will attempt to fall back on more strict measures. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Cases in California are on the rise once more. Several county officials have rescinded mask mandates due to public backlash and even death threats being made to said officials. 

Will be interesting to see the outcome, and if California will attempt to fall back on more strict measures. 

It’s annoying to say the least when I get customers visiting from said counties who don’t have mask requirements walking into my store without masks. They act all surprised when I tell them to put on one before I ring them up. And I hold back to say the fact places like Riverside had their previous health official quit because of death threats trying to implement the mask rule as a requirement and not a recommendation. It’s not hard to wear one for the time in a store when shopping verses me who has to wear it for fricking 8 hours straight.

My public health officer Dr. Wooten isn’t backing down. During press conferences they try to bait her with questions like why don’t we have a drastic rise in cases even though we re-opened places such as restaurants and retail stores. Because most people are doing their part wearing masks and following physical distancing. Her answer too.

Unlike Arizona. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/arizona-hospitals-at-83-capacity-as-coronavirus-cases-surge-2020-06-10

Plus our fire season is looking bad. Getting a lot of spot fires and brush fires here already in this week alone with the heatwave. Wonder how that’ll affect some coronavirus cases with the air quality.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

11 hours ago, Big Nav said:

I'm still in the camp that this study only shows a correlation, I am not convinced it proves causation.Outside of S. Korea it does not look like policy played a roll in mitigating the spread - I looks like it just followed a natural progression across the planet. I suspect we (humans) fell under the illusion we had an impact on the spread, in reality it just did its thing and ran it's natural course. 

But we do have an impact on the spread.  In states that started opening too early, for instance, case rates and deaths started climbing sharply soon afterward.  Conversely, here in Ontario, Canada they've been largely cautious and we're seeing both dramatic drops province-wide and in some cities.  The city of Ottawa, at last check, was close to zero new cases.  There's a real chance we'll be back to (relative) normal in mid-summer where many Americans in the South will be terrified to leave home.

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

It’s annoying to say the least when I get customers visiting from said counties who don’t have mask requirements walking into my store without masks. They act all surprised when I tell them to put on one before I ring them up. And I hold back to say the fact places like Riverside had their previous health official quit because of death threats trying to implement the mask rule as a requirement and not a recommendation. It’s not hard to wear one for the time in a store when shopping verses me who has to wear it for fricking 8 hours straight.

My public health officer Dr. Wooten isn’t backing down. During press conferences they try to bait her with questions like why don’t we have a drastic rise in cases even though we re-opened places such as restaurants and retail stores. Because most people are doing their part wearing masks and following physical distancing. Her answer too.

Unlike Arizona. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/arizona-hospitals-at-83-capacity-as-coronavirus-cases-surge-2020-06-10

Plus our fire season is looking bad. Getting a lot of spot fires and brush fires here already in this week alone with the heatwave. Wonder how that’ll affect some coronavirus cases with the air quality.

I’m surprised places where it gets hot (kitchens, warehouses, etc) haven’t had issues with strikes yet. 

My eyes see the past…

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

The city of Ottawa, at last check, was close to zero new cases.  There's a real chance we'll be back to (relative) normal in mid-summer where many Americans in the South will be terrified to leave home.

I am proud to say I do not fall into this group. You call it foolhardy, dumb, 'dangerous' or what have you, but I have a firm belief in my immune system and faith - I couldn't get this virus even if I wanted.

Yeah right 🤣🤦‍♂️

Means you're part of that other group who said the same and ended up dying from it...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I’m surprised places where it gets hot (kitchens, warehouses, etc) haven’t had issues with strikes yet. 

It’s kind of a dilemma with gyms re-opening. One of my folks is a general manager at a gym and doesn’t agree with the State’s guidelines that customers have to wear masks when working out. So I hear this gym company is going to have attendees sign “waivers” regarding Covid before using their facilities.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

5 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

It’s kind of a dilemma with gyms re-opening. One of my folks is a general manager at a gym and doesn’t agree with the State’s guidelines that customers have to wear masks when working out. So I hear this gym company is going to have attendees sign “waivers” regarding Covid before using their facilities.

My own company is planning on doing temperature checks starting Monday. I tend to be a fair bit warmer than average (I’d been called a walking furnace more than a few times), so I’m kind of hoping that won’t be problematic.  

My eyes see the past…

22 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

My own company is planning on doing temperature checks starting Monday. I tend to be a fair bit warmer than average (I’d been called a walking furnace more than a few times), so I’m kind of hoping that won’t be problematic.  

Unless you have fever-like temperatures, I don't think that it'll be problematic. 

27 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

As long as you’re not having temperatures of 37.5C, you’ll be fine. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Because it’s not comfortable. The feeling of sweat getting into the surgical mask makes me want to remove it. So right now, I’d rather work out inside. 

33 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Normal temp range is pretty broad. As long as you're not going with the oft-mentioned 98.6F, you should be fine.  There also have to be other signs/symptoms to exclude. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Because it’s not comfortable. The feeling of sweat getting into the surgical mask makes me want to remove it. So right now, I’d rather work out inside. 

Personally, I'd say to get over it. If I have to wear a mask for 3 hours of surgery, you can wear a mask for a 30 minute workout. 

Note: I do my 4-mile run with a mask on anyways since I have allergies to everything under the sun. 

Spoiler

Though, honestly I was fighting for gyms to have techs clean machines after every person and to only have every other machine available for use. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

We've been doing temperature checks for a while. My highest temp I've seen on the device was 97.7 F. They say I have one of the highest compared to others. Sometimes I tell them to check again, just in case. 

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

Personally, I'd say to get over it. If I have to wear a mask for 3 hours of surgery, you can wear a mask for a 30 minute workout. 

Note: I do my 4-mile run with a mask on anyways since I have allergies to everything under the sun. 

Hide contents

Though, honestly I was fighting for gyms to have techs clean machines after every person and to only have every other machine available for use. 

A coworker had worked for a small semiconductor fab, and had to wear the Bunny Suit when she would perform the Quality Control. Pretty sure those folk give zero Fs about workplace health mandates as they’re already well above required standards. 

A lot of the local gyms tend to be of the 24-hour variety. Staff ranges from minimal to non-existant, so cleanings are in the hands of the people going there. Obviously mask enforcement isn’t a thing either. On the other hand, nothing screams Introvert/Social Distancing quite like going to the gym at 1:00 in the morning 

My eyes see the past…

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

Hide contents

Well inside the OR the patient is either laying flat on a table or sitting still in a chair so no sweat and is anesthetized and it’s cold inside the OR. Can’t say the same when running outside with a surgical mask. 

This should be a must for every gym, pandemic or not. I already find it disgusting that the seats in machines for bicep curls and chest press are drenched in sweat by five people before me. I think they should clean it, though I think every gym goer should wipe their own sweat after using the machine as manners for every gym goer.

10 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Well inside the OR the patient is either laying flat on a table or sitting still in a chair so no sweat and is anesthetized and it’s cold inside the OR. Can’t say the same when running outside with a surgical mask. 

This should be a must for every gym, pandemic or not. I already find it disgusting that the seats in machines for bicep curls and chest press are drenched in sweat by five people before me. I think they should clean it, though I think every gym goer should wipe their own sweat after using the machine as manners for every gym goer.

If you're running a gym with minimal staff, you should create a job that focuses on just cleaning. It should never be left to the gym goer or customer. Imagine if Burger King didn't have to wipe down tables and it was left to the customers; nobody would go there. Just have someone clean it and be done with it. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

my uncles girl friend is a doctor at ucla hospital holy crud she is busy

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

19 hours ago, Big Nav said:

I am proud to say I do not fall into this group. You call it foolhardy, dumb, 'dangerous' or what have you, but I have a firm belief in my immune system and faith - I couldn't get this virus even if I wanted.

If you don't have the relevant antibodies and the virus gets into your respiratory system, you'll get infected and sick.  That's basic science.  And faith doesn't matter -- just look at the mass infections at religious gatherings.  The virus doesn't care what you believe or how fervently you believe it.  It'll happily ruin your life and those of the people you come in contact with.

Supervisor Nathan Fletcher said there have been five new outbreaks in the past seven days. He said these have occurred in restaurants, homes, office buildings and churches. If there are a total of seven new outbreaks over a seven-day period, it will exceed one of the country’s 13 “trigger” points in controlling the pandemic, and may lead to new restrictions.

These two are the number of available beds in intensive care units, and supplies of personal protective equipment. For example, 69% of ICU beds are currently in use, with 80% considered the trigger point.

https://timesofsandiego.com/tech/2020/06/12/san-diego-county-reports-132-virus-cases-and-6-deaths-while-warning-of-new-outbreaks/

I wonder if we’ll be able to roll back re opening with restrictions at this point. Not after I’ve seen what it took for employees of previously closed businesses to meet the criteria to safely reopen. Also we were a hotspot for protests to reopen. But that’s not the media’s priority to cover nowadays.

47 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

https://timesofsandiego.com/tech/2020/06/12/san-diego-county-reports-132-virus-cases-and-6-deaths-while-warning-of-new-outbreaks/

I wonder if we’ll be able to roll back re opening with restrictions at this point. Not after I’ve seen what it took for employees of previously closed businesses to meet the criteria to safely reopen. Also we were a hotspot for protests to reopen. But that’s not the media’s priority to cover nowadays.

Probably not. Apparently (according to the below article), Newsom has been barred from pushing forward any further executive orders that violate the state constitution. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.com/news/california/judge-limits-gov-newsoms-emergency-rule-making-powers/amp/

Rules that are currently still in effect are mostly untouched, but the rolling back of restrictions will probably be shot down in California Supreme Court. 

My eyes see the past…

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

If you don't have the relevant antibodies and the virus gets into your respiratory system, you'll get infected and sick.  That's basic science.  And faith doesn't matter -- just look at the mass infections at religious gatherings.  The virus doesn't care what you believe or how fervently you believe it.  It'll happily ruin your life and those of the people you come in contact with.

I would respectfully disagree, what I was referring to was my bodies white cell's ability to produce those antibodies when it comes in contact with a foreign pathogen, adapt and neutralize it before my body is adversely affected. Since this started I have never worn a glove, a mask , or used hand sanitizer once. Not so much as the sniffles, matter of fact I've gotten healthier over this time. As for the mass infections at religious gatherings, this I am unaware of, It was my understanding that churches where some of the 1st institutions classified as non-essential and shut down at least around where I live.