COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/26/coronavirus-update-us/

The World Health Organization warned that countries could face a second peak of coronavirus case, even before a presumed second wave of infections months from now, echoing concerns expressed by opponents of rapid reopening in countries around the world.

Mike Ryan, head of the WHO’s emergencies program, warned North America, Southeast Asia, Europe and other regions against scaling back coronavirus restrictions and public health measures too quickly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/i-m-looking-truth-states-face-criticism-covid-19-data-n1202086

As states ramp up their reopenings, some are coming under criticism for making public misleading statistics or concealing information related to the coronavirus outbreak.

While the U.S. has reported more cases and deaths than any other country, the method for counting COVID-19 deaths varies by state. In testimony before the Senate earlier this month, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said the actual number of people who've died as a result of the pandemic is "almost certainly" higher than what's been counted.

18 hours ago, AshRiver said:

2020 is bs. I want to get drunk pass out to forget 2020. 2020 should be erase off the calendar. 

Governments underplayed this virus. Millions of people died. Millions people are out of job. Landlords are eviction tenants for not paying rent.

You are overreacting or grossly misinformed, millions of people have in no way died from this virus. Now, for the Landlords - I would suspect they are evicting those who can pay but chose not too, a lot of people are getting more from the coronavirus stimulus package then they would if they where not ordered to stay home (in the USA - I can't speak for other counties)

image.png.8cc855a3b089f97816cb9804d53a3de8.png

On 5/25/2020 at 4:14 AM, captain_to_fire said:

Thinking of going to the salon (haircut and dye) now that restrictions are slowly being eased up. I think the salon I'm going to requires more than a meter of distance from one client to the next.

Some are opening here next week. Going to call my hair salon soon I was a regular at to set an appointment. Recently Gov. Newsom set up guidelines. It’s almost summer so I want to cut my hair short. 

F

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

4 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Some are opening here next week. Going to call my hair salon soon I was a regular at to set an appointment. Recently Gov. Newsom set up guidelines. It’s almost summer so I want to cut my hair short. 

F

You can get covid 19 from going into hairsalon. What the fuck. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hairstylists-covid-19-exposed-140-people-salon/story?id=70859389

Just now, AshRiver said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hairstylists-covid-19-exposed-140-people-salon/story?id=70859389

I’m the one who posted that story. Also, 10,000 grocery workers contracted COVID-19 so far. I’ve been going to work anyways since I learned about the virus from the original coronavirus thread back in early January.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Just now, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I’m the one who posted that story. Also, 10,000 grocery workers contracted COVID-19 so far. I’ve been going to work anyways since I learned about the virus from the original coronavirus thread back in early January.

Does anyone of them wear mask? This covid 19 is bs man. It ruin everything! 

Just now, AshRiver said:

Does anyone of them wear mask? This covid 19 is bs man. It ruin everything! 

Essential workers are required by our county to wear masks. There was a recent ordinance for the general public to also wear masks if they come within 6 feet of a person that are not from the same household. Of course some of them at times don’t. That’s a bs part. I have plenty of frequent elderly customers in my store. Or those who have asthma and are immunocompromised.

Always remember guys, now is not the time to be disgusting regardless of the weather. Wash your hands and take a bath everyday especially after going out for errands. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29eb23c77cd58add5253 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

9 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Always remember guys, now is not the time to be disgusting regardless of the weather. Wash your hands and take a bath everyday especially after going out for errands. 

Here is another problem:

People don't usually wash their hand correctly

Neither they can wear a mask correctly

However there is something weird going on in Italy

At least for my region the numbers that they give about the covid situation don't coincide by the numbers that hospitals employee report, and it seems that analogue situations are in act to other regions

but the weird thing is that there are literally no news whatsoever to the argoument, besides to politicians declarations

the only thing that comes into my mind is something that sounds cospiracy, they might just shut up the informations just because they have the shared interest to keep going with the current economy, and/or to get votes because the elections are next

thought it sounds weird, so dunno

8 hours ago, Xvaster said:

However there is something weird going on in Italy

At least for my region the numbers that they give about the covid situation don't coincide by the numbers that hospitals employee report, and it seems that analogue situations are in act to other regions

but the weird thing is that there are literally no news whatsoever to the argoument, besides to politicians declarations

the only thing that comes into my mind is something that sounds cospiracy, they might just shut up the informations just because they have the shared interest to keep going with the current economy, and/or to get votes because the elections are next

thought it sounds weird, so dunno

There's no conspiracy here.

The boring answer is that hospital rates don't translate neatly to total infection and death rates, and hospital occupancy can vary wildly even within a given city.  Many people get diagnosed with COVID-19 but aren't so sick that they have to go to the hospital, for example (it may be the worst fever of their entire life, mind you). Likewise, it's difficult to know how many people are truly infected, since officials believe there are many more people who get the virus but either don't know they're infected or don't bother with tests.  Some COVID-19 deaths come down to cardiac arrest, and I can imagine that some early deaths might not have been attributed correctly.

Also, the notion that politicians would have an interest in maintaining a locked-down economy just... doesn't make any sense.  Remember, they have to use the same stores, services and parks non-politicians do -- even a corrupt politician probably won't like it much if their favourite restaurant shuts down and they have to stay at home for longer than absolutely necessary.

7 hours ago, Commodus said:

There's no conspiracy here.

The boring answer is that hospital rates don't translate neatly to total infection and death rates, and hospital occupancy can vary wildly even within a given city.  Many people get diagnosed with COVID-19 but aren't so sick that they have to go to the hospital, for example (it may be the worst fever of their entire life, mind you). Likewise, it's difficult to know how many people are truly infected, since officials believe there are many more people who get the virus but either don't know they're infected or don't bother with tests.  Some COVID-19 deaths come down to cardiac arrest, and I can imagine that some early deaths might not have been attributed correctly.

Also, the notion that politicians would have an interest in maintaining a locked-down economy just... doesn't make any sense.  Remember, they have to use the same stores, services and parks non-politicians do -- even a corrupt politician probably won't like it much if their favourite restaurant shuts down and they have to stay at home for longer than absolutely necessary.

For the last point I don't get what do you mean

I said that politicians might also want to reopen as fast as possible because the elections are next, and by so, they can incentivate people to vote for them.. so I don't get how the last comment is correlated to my post

However thanks for the informations

6 hours ago, Xvaster said:

For the last point I don't get what do you mean

I said that politicians might also want to reopen as fast as possible because the elections are next, and by so, they can incentivate people to vote for them.. so I don't get how the last comment is correlated to my post

However thanks for the informations

Ah, it sounded to me like you thought they'd have a vested interest in maintaining the lockdowns, not ending them.  Sorry if I misunderstood.

I will say that certain politicians really do have an interest in reopening prematurely, because they can pretend they've masterfully handled the recovery.  But there's no real conspiracy there, because those politicians have been pretty obvious about willing to sacrifice thousands of lives for more votes.

Kind of my concern as well, should a second wave of cases come to pass. The winter had been very dry as well. Another lockdown coupled with intentional blackouts will be pretty disastrous. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1215236

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

12 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Another lockdown coupled with intentional blackouts will be pretty disastrous. 

I’d rather have intentional blackouts than another Camp Fire (2018) that wiped out a town. It’s already hot and dry in SoCal as well.

Some counties have pushed back re opening already.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/05/24/coronavirus-reopening-roundup-north-coast-officials-pull-back-reopening-after-seeing-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/

On 5/24/2020 at 6:43 PM, Xvaster said:

Still I don't get it, they are just a noisy minorance or what

The problem is the squeaky wheel gets the oil.   Nearly all the noise you hear through social and news outlets is the minority driving personal issues to the point they are taken up by larger society.    I can't even fathom how much research time/money has gone into new trials and studies to disprove the vaccine/autism myth.   Imagine if we could put that money into researching something that actually needs to be researched like cancer or cystic fibrosis?    This is the real harm and damage from letting whack jobs voice their opinions on the internet.  Them being the minoirty is moot when they are loud enough to derail human advancement.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 5/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, AshRiver said:

Yes, there have been many cases linked to hair salons that refused to close during lock-downs. I was already getting scraggly right before the full closures happened where I live, so I look pretty bad, haha. Not enough for me to risk it even though salons are opening up in my area. As long as I can cram all the hair I've got into my motorcycle helmet to get to work, I'm OK. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

The problem is the squeaky wheel gets the oil.   Nearly all the noise you hear through social and news outlets is the minority driving personal issues to the point they are taken up by larger society.    I can't even fathom how much research time/money has gone into new trials and studies to disprove the vaccine/autism myth.   Imagine if we could put that money into researching something that actually needs to be researched like cancer or cystic fibrosis?    This is the real harm and damage from letting whack jobs voice their opinions on the internet.  Them being the minoirty is moot when they are loud enough to derail human advancement.

I've always said it never the fault of the nut-job that comes up with a moronic idea its the fool who seconds it, same holds true here - a nut-job can run their mouth all they like, it's the fool who stops and listens. 

34 minutes ago, Big Nav said:

I've always said it never the fault of the nut-job that comes up with a moronic idea its the fool who seconds it, same holds true here - a nut-job can run their mouth all they like, it's the fool who stops and listens. 

In this day and age anyone can pretend to be an expert,  unfortunately for many it is hard to tell the difference between genuine research and crackpots, especially when some of those crackpots are registered doctors.  It's just not appropriate to blame the victim simply because they lack the education to know when someone is speaking shit.   Parents of children with disabilities are very easily led astray using basic fear tactics or giving them hope where none exists.  I have seen this first hand. It most definitely is the fault of the nut job when they have been told but refuse to stop spreading their BS. 

EDIT: and that's before we even consider the fact that prominent universities are starting to give many of these dangerous crackpots stage time for speech events.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It most definitely is the fault of the nut job when they have been told but refuse to stop spreading their BS.

Especially those who try to exploit people's emotions for personal gain, like selling "miracle medicine", stating that those who donate will magically get cured, etc.

2 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I’d rather have intentional blackouts than another Camp Fire that wiped out a town. It’s already hot and dry in SoCal as well.

Some counties have pushed back re opening already.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/05/24/coronavirus-reopening-roundup-north-coast-officials-pull-back-reopening-after-seeing-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/

Public reaction/backlash may be a legitimate concern in the hypothetical double whammy, and in extreme cases, can be quite damaging in its own right. I don’t see mass lockdowns coupled with widespread power outages leading to anything good. Throw in a substantial fire or three to displace some tens of thousands of people, wreck housing again and piss of lots more, and oh boy. :/

That said, the probability of having actual lockdowns during the driest part of the year is fairly small at the moment, not withstanding resurgence in cases. I don’t think out governor would be so brazen as to do so with an already riled-up populace, even if this virus was back in full force. Though it is still a disturbing prospect all the same. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Public reaction/backlash may be a legitimate concern in the hypothetical double whammy, and in extreme cases, can be quite damaging in its own right. I don’t see mass lockdowns coupled with widespread power outages leading to anything good. Throw in a substantial fire or three to displace some tens of thousands of people, wreck housing again and piss of lots more, and oh boy. :/

That said, the probability of having actual lockdowns during the driest part of the year is fairly small at the moment, not withstanding resurgence in cases. I don’t think out governor would be so brazen as to do so with an already riled-up populace, even if this virus was back in full force. Though it is still a disturbing prospect all the same. 

We can look at other States that have had unfortunate disasters during this pandemic. Puts things into perspective beforehand.

Cities have set up pick-up sites for free meals prepared by area churches and specific charities have been designated to serve as clearinghouses for in-kind donations.

“How do you help these people? You just want to embrace them," Kwiatek said.

Rather than multiple emergency response teams out at once, Pickens County Emergency Management is sending one team and visiting one badly affected location at a time. Assessment is taking longer, but it’s the best method for keeping COVID-19 in mind. Kwiatek said she has to make sure crews aren't car-pooling.

Even so, human empathy comes first, Kwiatek said.

“Quite a few of us have said, ‘If we get COVID-19 because we were being a human being, OK,’ ” she said. “It’s almost like, ‘These people need help and oh by the way, we have a virus.’ ”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/04/16/southern-towns-tornado-recovery-amid-coronavirus/5146724002/

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced that she will be formally asking FEMA for support after two dams were breached leaving families "absolutely devastated." The governor urged the public to continue wearing masks to flatten the COVID-19 curve despite the flooding.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/michigan-governor-reassures-residents-amid-flooding-and-covid-19-83711557650

10,000 had to evacuate due to flooding.

It's a no-win situation when it comes to public reaction/backlash. We can be cautiously over-prepared for fire season using intentional blackouts as part of that and nothing happens. The public grows angry. Or not being prepared enough and ending up with another 2003 Cedar Fire. I remember that one. Was in elementary school. Total nightmare. 

18 hours ago, mr moose said:

In this day and age anyone can pretend to be an expert,  unfortunately for many it is hard to tell the difference between genuine research and crackpots, especially when some of those crackpots are registered doctors.  It's just not appropriate to blame the victim simply because they lack the education to know when someone is speaking shit.   Parents of children with disabilities are very easily led astray using basic fear tactics or giving them hope where none exists.  I have seen this first hand. It most definitely is the fault of the nut job when they have been told but refuse to stop spreading their BS. 

EDIT: and that's before we even consider the fact that prominent universities are starting to give many of these dangerous crackpots stage time for speech events.

You missed the point entirely.