COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Kind of an evil/devious idea here, but what if State governors provides a motive of sorts to get more people to willing comply with masks and social distancing. Something along the lines of:

”Due to hospital resources being stretched thin, speed limits on all of the State’s roadways have been cut to reduce injury risk. Traffic fines and points/demerits are to be doubled while the emergency limits are in effect. This is to remain in place until hospitals are and will operate within safe operating capacity for the foreseeable future. “

A 40 MPH speed limit on all freeways (even lower for other streets) will certainly prove quite inconvenient (but will still allow people to go about their working lives within reason), but that is kind of the idea. A constant, irritating, nagging thorn that many will want to be rid of ASAP, and will probably be more motivated in taking the measures to make that happen. Given that driving is a privilege instead of a right, there shouldn’t be any ground for legal challenges to be brought up. And would probably be comparatively inexpensive to implement. 

Now to return to my spot in Passive Aggressives Anonymous. 😛

Some of us already spend an hour or more on the road each day for work, so let's not give any lawmakers ideas. From slowing down all the logistics/shipping of necessary goods, to dropping everyone's fuel economy during a time where money is tight, this is not the way to get people motivated. Plus, those of us that are already doing what we need to regarding masks and distancing are getting shafted, and that blows.

Not to mention, with police departments cutting back and people irate anyway, no one would follow it. Heck, most freeways/highways here in Texas are 75mph or more, no one is going 40. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Kind of an evil/devious idea here, but what if State governors provides a motive of sorts to get more people to willing comply with masks and social distancing.

In my opinion it’s too late for us. Especially in Florida and Texas. Possibly Arizona too.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Let's see.... This shouldn't be hard for people. But some (many?) are just plain stupid. 

Hat and Gloves in the winter.

Socks and boots for hiking.

air tank or scuba gear for diving.

A t-shirt so no one sees your man bod.

Pants so your junk don't show.

MASKS FOR WHEN COVID IS IN TOWN

torches for burning the stores you shop at down

badges to uphold the law.... or fight fires and military (must respect!)

yea, it's like just putting on your hat. just slip the mask on and go about your business. 

Meat heads. lots of meat heads out there. 

We held out longer than I thought since we were pretty good with masks and social distancing while surrounded by hotspots. Now we're on the dreaded State's monitoring list. It's not helping this July 4th weekend that we are the only county with open beaches in SoCal. Non-residents will flock here. :/

Edit: Saw pictures of the I5 South Interstate on social media. Totally jam-packed traffic of non-resident flocking here for our still opened restaurants and beaches. 

F.

If we're on the watch-list for 3 days straight, bye-bye to indoor dining again for 3 weeks. I knew this was coming from following the local news so I enjoyed dining-in at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant yesterday. Tipped the waiter extra.

San Diego County was placed on the state's COVID-19 monitoring list Friday afternoon, which could lead to closures or new restrictions on businesses following the Fourth of July weekend. San Diego County was the final county in southern California to be place on the state's monitoring list after it saw a steady rise in daily coronavirus cases.

Now on the state's monitoring list, several businesses could be forced to change the way they do business indoors by as early as Tuesday, and restrictions would remain in place for a minimum of three weeks. Businesses affected include restaurants, wineries and tasting rooms, movie theaters, cardrooms, family entertainment centers, museums and zoos.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/jul/03/san-diego-county-placed-states-covid-19-monitoring/

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

9 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

We held out longer than I thought since we were pretty good with masks and social distancing while surrounded by hotspots. Now we're on the dreaded State's monitoring list. It's not helping this July 4th weekend that we are the only county with open beaches in SoCal. Non-residents will flock here. :/

Edit: Saw pictures of the I5 South Interstate on social media. Totally jam-packed traffic of non-resident flocking here for our still opened restaurants and beaches. 

F.

If we're on the watch-list for 3 days straight, bye-bye to indoor dining again for 3 weeks. I knew this was coming from following the local news so I enjoyed dining-in at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant yesterday. Tipped the waiter extra.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/jul/03/san-diego-county-placed-states-covid-19-monitoring/

California is pretty well broke. Without dipping into things meant for other big expenses (wildfire say hi), I don’t think it would be actually feasible for California to enact another full scale lockdown. 

For July 4th though, a day most businesses have off anyway, I wonder if the governor could’ve simply shut down all the state’s freeways (to non-emergency vehicles) so as to limit travel to private residential gatherings, something the governor ordinarily can’t do much to prevent. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

19 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

California is pretty well broke. Without dipping into things meant for other big expenses (wildfire say hi), I don’t think it would be actually feasible for California to enact another full scale lockdown. 

For July 4th though, a day most businesses have off anyway, I wonder if the governor could’ve simply shut down all the state’s freeways (to non-emergency vehicles) so as to limit travel to private residential gatherings, something the governor ordinarily can’t do much to prevent. 

Meanwhile, we were told by the State to close beach parking lots to prevent large crowds.

SD county: LoL no. You told us too late.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/sd-defies-state-request-to-close-beach-parking-lots-for-holiday-weekend/2359402/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

In-door dining now not allowed for 3 weeks here by the State orders.

My mayor: okie then,

The mayor said the order is effective immediately and allows restaurants to operate sidewalk cafes and use parking lots for outdoor dining.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/mayor-faulconer-executive-order-waiving-outdoor-permits-san-diego-indoor-restrictions/509-8a7a3550-a8ea-414f-97c6-6b15aae05b3e

Not an American and I have no plans of becoming one, but the image above applies to all countries. My business, my bloody rules. Hence, wear the damn face mask.

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

52 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Not an American and I have no plans of becoming one, but the image above applies to all countries. My business, my bloody rules. Hence, wear the damn face mask.

Good stories have come out of crap like this. One of which became viral throughout the whole country from my city.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/barista-shamed-for-refusing-service-to-maskless-woman-receives-100k-from-gofundme-creator/2361889/

Person A: Covid-19 in the US in increasing by the minute with not signs of ever slowing down. Their president needs to wear a mask on camera (he was seen with a mask on off camera) and tell his people to start wearing mask, in order to slow down and stop the spread.

Person B: No, the president don't need to do that. He doesn't have to wear a mask on camera and tell his people to wear a mask. It's up to the people themselves to make their own decision

Person A: But he is the leader of the country. There are people who actually listens and follows him. He has to wear it on camera, and tell the people to put one on too.

Person B: No he doesn't

Person A: What?!

What is the mindset of Person B?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Could this be a undetected mutation of the virus or it's actually a "unknown pneumonia".

Late last month officials warned about the rise in pneumonia cases. Kisikova said that doctors were finding 600 people a day with pneumonia symptoms, compared with 80 a day before the start of the Covid-19 outbreak, the Singapore-based website CNA reported.

Covid-19 appear around end of last year. I don't know when did Kazakhstan began testing their people for Covid-19, but to say 600 were tested positive for this unknown pneumonia last month, to just 80 were positive for the Covid before the outbreak, imo is a bit sensationalist. 600 people a day from this unknown pneumonia isn't to get taken lightly, but it doesn't automatically replace it as something much deadlier than Covid-19, based on their testing. Covid-19 also causes pneumonia like symptoms.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

On 7/1/2020 at 6:17 AM, atxcyclist said:

Some of us already spend an hour or more on the road each day for work, so let's not give any lawmakers ideas.

To be honest, over here in the Netherlands the government had lowered max speed during the daytime around the time Corona hit (it was an unrelated reason, just happened to coincide) and I've got to say that as someone with a long (50+ mins both ways) commute, I'm barely noticing any difference in travel time. My guess is that it's because most drivers don't spend as much time driving at the maximum allowable motorway speed as they may think between having to deal with other traffic and the time spent driving on other roads (statistically, very few people live directly next to the motorway). Because of the speed diference,

I've found that my time spent on the motorway during my work commute is roughly 60% of the total trip, so from there I can determine that lowering the maximum speed from 70 to 60 mph would be an increase of roughly 6 minutes on a 60-minute trip in an ideal situation where I can maintain top speed for the entirety of the motorway trip. That's like having three unlucky traffic lights' worth of time.

Coronavirus hospitalizations in San Diego continue to climb, prompting at least one medical system to begin plans to accommodate a surge in patients.

https://www.10news.com/news/coronavirus/virus-hospitalizations-in-san-diego-continue-to-climb-surge-plans-in-place

Oh, f***. Well, at least we're not Arizona.

The number of confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus has been growing more rapidly in Arizona in the past week than any other state in the country, and faster than any country in the world, according to a New York Times analysis of Johns Hopkins University data.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2020/07/09/how-arizonas-covid-19-cases-compares-rest-world/5399832002/

Wow news. Just wow. Moscow mayor recently tell to press that all moscovites have developped collective immunity to COVID19. All of them. 10 000 000 of them. 

How does he knows that? maybe statistical research.

LUL so he made a video debunking stuff from people saying wearing masks are dangerous and he had his video removed for promoting self harm and then the second for spreading misinformation

apparently youtube agrees with the people telling people not to wear masks because they think wearing masks is self harm and saying that wearing masks is safe is misinformation

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

apparently youtube agrees with the people telling people not to wear masks because they think wearing masks is self harm and saying that wearing masks is safe is misinformation

YouTube nowadays is a hypocritical ultra-woke, neoliberal propaganda machine under the false pretense of fact-checking but in reality, cares nothing but ad revenues. 

I do really hope a vaccine will pass both phase 3 and 4 and not get stuck on phases 1 and 2. So far, the ones from Moderna, Pfizer, and the Imperial College of London are the most promising ones. 
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html 

3268C411-1303-45C9-AD22-0C5525E56B54.jpeg

Welp, the state I am in has just had a major resurgence.  All in lockdown again in the Melbourne.   Stupid state government of ours decided to enforce hotel quarantines using private security,  who just ignored the orders and took tax payer money to do absolutely nothing.  Meanwhile every other state secured hotels with police or defense force and don't have this issue. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Big arse sign outside my doors saying masks are required before entering my store.. Some still keep walking in without masks nearing closing time. Mind you, in my city now there's even ICU beds in hospitals that are nearing capacity. They act shocked when I ask them where is your mask before I ring them up.

Seriously. What the fuck.