COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
53 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Haircuts you say? I came across this story recently from another State.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/second-stylist-same-missouri-hair-salon-tests-positive-nearly-140-n1214036

What baffles me is that people still went in.  If I see a hair stylist who's coughing or otherwise looks ill, I'm not going to let them cut my hair even if there isn't a pandemic, let alone if there is.

This does show why we need paid sick leave as a matter of course.  No one should feel like they have to risk infecting dozens of people just to make a living.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

This does show why we need paid sick leave as a matter of course.  No one should feel like they have to risk infecting dozens of people just to make a living

Fortunately I have 14 days paid sick leave for COVID-19 and it can be extended if needed.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

7 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Thinking of going to the salon (haircut and dye) now that restrictions are slowly being eased up. I think the salon I'm going to requires more than a meter of distance from one client to the next.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Thinking of going to the salon (haircut and dye) now that restrictions are slowly being eased up. I think the salon I'm going to requires more than a meter of distance from one client to the next.

if it's like italy

there are rules, but nobody will give a shit

they just take the piss of showing some bullshit like masks, paper walls.. just to showing off that they are "Safe", so they convice both customers and employees to come

but they don't actually respect the rureles, like being distant to eachother or wearing correctly the mask (most of users here don't wear correctly the mask, just because is annoying)

also there is nobody that is checking if the rules are being respected or not

11 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/second-stylist-same-missouri-hair-salon-tests-positive-nearly-140-n1214036

All this article is, is speculation - nothing was confirmed other then they where around someone who tested positive, and out of the 140 “potentially directly exposed” only one other person was confirmed to have gotten it. It's nothing more than a scare piece, IMO.

Now should she have been there in close proximity while being a confirmed carrier, no. If you look at objectively, the only other confirmed case was the other worker who was in close proximity for a VERY long time, I think the article said she worked for 8 days while showing symptoms. So going to get your hair cut and being in the salon for 30-40 minuets is not going to kill you, you're going to be fine.

23 minutes ago, Big Nav said:

All this article is, is speculation - nothing was confirmed other then they where around someone who tested positive, and out of the 140 “potentially directly exposed” only one other person was confirmed to have gotten it. It's nothing more than a scare piece, IMO.

Now should she have been there in close proximity while being a confirmed carrier, no. If you look at objectively, the only other confirmed case was the other worker who was in close proximity for a VERY long time, I think the article said she worked for 8 days while showing symptoms. So going to get your hair cut and being in the salon for 30-40 minuets is not going to kill you, you're going to be fine.

We don't actually know how many of those people are infected, since it can take up to two weeks for the virus to incubate.  I'd say there's legitimate concern when you have someone inches away from your head for half an hour, even if they are wearing a mask.

If nothing else, this does illustrate the absolute importance of wearing masks in spaces like that (when possible, anyway) until this is over.  If she hadn't been wearing a mask, they might have well put a sign on the door saying "guaranteed sick or your money back."

10 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Fortunately I have 14 days paid sick leave for COVID-19 and it can be extended if needed.

People not getting sick leave in general is mind blowing to me and another thing that people need to address. Under normal circumstances, I get 16 days of PTO a year. Combine that with me working 2 weeks then having 2 weeks off, I only work 5 months a year at a high paying job. On top of that because of COVID, our schedule is 3 weeks at home, 1 week in quarantine, 4 weeks at work. If we need time off we are welcome to use PTO and get paid for more time off but we aren't getting in trouble for LWOP(leave without pay, for days where planes can't land here or travel is all messed up) and can use that very freely. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

We don't actually know how many of those people are infected, since it can take up to two weeks for the virus to incubate.  I'd say there's legitimate concern when you have someone inches away from your head for half an hour, even if they are wearing a mask.

That brings up an interesting point, taking into account the incubation period it is within the realm of possibility she was infected somewhere else, and just happened to work along side some else who was positive. because the 1st person worked for 8 days while positive and the second 5 days, that's a total of 13 confirmed days worked while infected, not including the 14 day incubation period (for each person) which would bring that to little over a month, if it indeed took the full 14 days for symptoms to appear.

Let's just assume worker 2 was indeed infected by worker 1: the salons opened on the 4th this story was written on the 24th. Working backwards the article stated that the seconded infected worked was in the second batch, so it is unlikely that the 8 days (person 1) and the 5 days (person 2) overlapped on the time line, so if others where infected enough time has passed that they would be showing symptoms by now.

2 hours ago, Big Nav said:

Let's just assume worker 2 was indeed infected by worker 1: the salons opened on the 4th this story was written on the 24th. Working backwards the article stated that the seconded infected worked was in the second batch, so it is unlikely that the 8 days (person 1) and the 5 days (person 2) overlapped on the time line, so if others where infected enough time has passed that they would be showing symptoms by now.

Those who tested positive:

The announcement came one day after the health department's director, Clay Goddard, said in a news briefing that the first stylist to get sick worked eight days from May 12 to May 20, with only the 18th off. The coworker then worked five shifts from May 16 to 20 while experiencing very mild symptoms

https://abc3340.com/news/nation-world/officials-missouri-hairstylist-worked-eight-days-while-experiencing-virus-symptoms

The local public health officials began the arduous task of contact tracing of the second hairstylist. They visited a Dairy Queen, CVS pharmacy, and a Walmart. They mentioned they can’t do much of this tracking down if other situations like this occur for very long since it would strain their community recourses.

From a customer’s perspective:

Chase said from the time he entered the Great Clips to the day he was actually notified, he contacted roughly 15 to 20 people.

“So I don’t think that the story is ending any time soon, I think the saga continues,” Chase added, according to the report.

He told the website that health officials advised him to stay at home until May 31. Chase said he needs to take his temperature twice a day and provide updates with the health department before he’s tested for the virus this week.

https://foxwilmington.com/headlines/customer-speaks-out-on-possible-coronavirus-exposure-at-missouri-hair-salon/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

@PhantomJaguar77 In both of these article I did not see they confirmed anyone else who tested positive aside from the two stylists. I'd say if nothing further develops in the next 14 days it will be a real positive sign. It would conclude that simply being around someone who is positive is not a guarantee you too will contract it. <<<<< Now, this by no means suggest one should actively seek out persons or businesses that are known carriers, but it would suggest it's not as dangerous as originally thought provided nothing further develops. But only time will tell.

3 hours ago, Big Nav said:

I'd say if nothing further develops in the next 14 days it will be a real positive sign. It would conclude that simply being around someone who is positive is not a guarantee you too will contract it. <<<<<

I hope so because I’m in contact with 100+ people a day. Scariest was when the store was packed obviously to capacity when Newsom first initiated the stay at home order in March. And that was before the mask enforcement. So far corona-free.

2020 is bs. I want to get drunk pass out to forget 2020. 2020 should be erase off the calendar. 

Governments underplayed this virus. Millions of people died. Millions people are out of job. Landlords are eviction tenants for not paying rent.

This is so sad. People are going  "I DONT CARE ABOUT CORONAVIRUS" But they will once they are in verge of dying, then their parents are going to be like "HE/SHE IS A GOOD BOY." Then they are going to blame the government. 

5 minutes ago, AshRiver said:

then their parents are going to be like "HE/SHE IS WAS A GOOD BOY."

ftfy.

7 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

ftfy.

Its 3am over here. high as a kite. 

8 hours ago, AshRiver said:

This is so sad. People are going  "I DONT CARE ABOUT CORONAVIRUS" But they will once they are in verge of dying, then their parents are going to be like "HE/SHE IS A GOOD BOY." Then they are going to blame the government. 

This isn't just an American problem, unfortunately.  It's like moths drawn to a flame, people have this weird fatalistic urge where enjoying nice weather is more important than... y'know, the risk of dying or suffering permanent lung damage.

If officials were smart, they'd send an emergency mobile alert every Friday warning people that social distancing was still in effect and set up officers at parks and beaches to enforce it.

1 minute ago, Commodus said:

This isn't just an American problem, unfortunately.

Yup, similar thing happened in Toronto ;

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Yup, similar thing happened in Toronto ;

And it looks like the Ontario government will delay a further easing of restrictions as a result.  At this rate we won't get (professional) haircuts or go to the gym until 2021 because, to put it bluntly, the world is full of selfish idiots.

16 minutes ago, Commodus said:

This isn't just an American problem, unfortunately.  It's like moths drawn to a flame, people have this weird fatalistic urge where enjoying nice weather is more important than... y'know, the risk of dying or suffering permanent lung damage.

If officials were smart, they'd send an emergency mobile alert every Friday warning people that social distancing was still in effect and set up officers at parks and beaches to enforce it.

There are people that, the more you attempt to clamp down with rules, the more they will rebel against them. Quite hard to reason with if they perceive you as trying to control them. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

30 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

There are people that, the more you attempt to clamp down with rules, the more they will rebel against them. Quite hard to reason with if they perceive you as trying to control them. 

Definitely.  It's why some people tend to believe conspiracy theories or otherwise cling to contrarian ideas despite all evidence -- they confuse opposition to authority with enlightenment.  Sometimes opposing the official line is good, but other times it's just a knee-jerk reflex or an attempt at posturing (look at me, the counterculture rebel!).

This Covid-19/SARS-CoV-2 is a cousin of the more deadly SARS virus.

Quite a few asian nations got affected by it so they wised up.

However, this time, the incubation period is much longer, weeks compared to days.

Covid-19 presents a new challenge. People with little or zero symptoms could spread it unwittingly.

The next time this happens, most of the world will most likely react really fast.

25 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

You mean those people jerking off to Sweden's approach were horribly misguided and based their views on irrational desires (plus a complete lack of empathy) instead of evidence?  Gasp!

When you think about it, this is what you'd expect.  Unless you insist that everyone coughs on each other when passing by, herd immunity just isn't going to come in time to prevent serious problems.  And if it did... well, can you imagine several million people getting infected in the space of a few months?  Yeah, that would be a problem in the US, let alone a much smaller country like Sweden.

Idk if this is allowed, but this is a real tweet.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.