Ps/2 keyboard not being detected or used on Dell g15 5515 Laptop?

Hello everyone I have recently purchased a Benq accufeel ps/2 keyboard, and an usb adapter for my laptop.

Whenever I plug in my keyboard in my usb slot, the 3 lights for caps lock number lock and idk i think power lock light up for one second and then turn off.

Ilook into device manager ive changed and did a bucnh of things with the ps/2 keyboard in there and nothing.

I am running windows 11.

anyone got any idea?

Thanks.

Either the adaptor is a faulty one or the keyboard is faulty. If you can disassemble the keyboard to see if there are any visual defects that should show the defects. 

I am running my daily driver keyboard with a similar adaptor I got off amazon 2 years back. Aside from it doing weird things when it gets too hot (really rarely also it is next to the exhaust of the system) it has been good.

So those usb adpaters come in many forms. The dirt cheap ones expect the board to still be able to handle the old ps2 signals itself whilst others are actual convertors to usb.

What adapter did you get? If it doesnt do any actual conversiom it cant work on your laptop