COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

So the Quebec government was supposed to not let unvaccinated healthcare workers (~14,000) work in their field past the 15th.

Now it's been postponed one month.

No balls.

Note that's it's mostly low-education orderlies and/or nursing assistants.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

21 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

So the Quebec government was supposed to not let unvaccinated healthcare workers (~14,000) work in their field past the 15th.

Now it's been postponed one month.

No balls.

Note that's it's mostly low-education orderlies and/or nursing assistants.

You know what's worse? They only backed down about workers requirements. So if you want to go and visit someone in a retirement home after the 15th, you need to be fully vaccinated and show your QR code at the entrance ... but workers that take care of the elderly or cook their food can be completely unvaccinated.

Genius.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

about mRNA vaccines? (and/or vaccines like it?)

the topic of aspirate the vaccine, to know if the needle is in/through the blood or in the muscle.

"John gets 'fact checked' - talking and study about aspirate the vaccine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcddiS32s0

"Important scientific information with Dr. Pieter Gaillard and John"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbjuWs99CrE

so a certain side effect by vaccine, and some nurses/doctors will have a different rate or hit different which will cause more or less of such cases.

14 hours ago, PmpkinPaul said:

There was an outbreak at my daughter's school. A coach decided to lie about it's vaccination status. Being a coach, he's of course in contact with lots of kids, and of course, many tested positive for COVID (5 kids in 3 classes covering 2 grades).

Provincial public health dept. even intervened ... the principal sent an email earlier today to share the result of the investigation by the Public Health dept. (what I shared about the coach), we often say it's hard to convey emotions through writing, well that email made it clear she was pissed !

I know I'd be furious. That coach needs to be fired, blacklisted from working at schools, and possibly even charged for knowingly endangering children and the community. Make his life a living hell, because he clearly didn't mind inflicting that on everyone else.

Serious question...

Why are Covid-19 vaccines not publicly advertised on TV and radio just like any other non over the counter medication?

Even flu vaccines are advertised on TV and radio.

So why are Covid-19 vaccines not publicly advertised? 

Because by federal law when advertised, all side effects of non over the counter medications MUST list any and all side effects including life threatening possibilities.

Full disclosure can be a bitch...

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

26 minutes ago, Benji said:

Going into the it's some conspiracy shit again? I doubt that that's the reason, otherwise any other over the counter medications wouldn't be advertised because these have way more side effects than any vaccine.

Conspiracy shit? No. 

I asked a simple question.

And you attempted to side step the question by using over the counter medications as an example which by the way DO list their side effects on their packaging.

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Guess why Germany has forms that you sign. They are all very clearly listed there.

And in the US, after you have been vaccinated, they make you sit in a waiting room for up to 30 minutes to be sure you don't have a bad reaction or worse, fall over dead.

Never had to do that with a flu shot.

2 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Serious question...

Why are Covid-19 vaccines not publicly advertised on TV and radio just like any other non over the counter medication?

Even flu vaccines are advertised on TV and radio.

I'm guessing this is a US thing? I have never heard or seen vaccines being broadcast publicly on TV and radio over here. Maybe a message on the radio ever once in a while that you can expect your invitation for the flu shot if you are eligible, but that's it. Over here there are and have been campaigns about the benefits of the vaccine and the government has constantly pushed for people to get vaccinated. Nothing has been hidden about it.

2 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Because by federal law when advertised, all side effects of non over the counter medications MUST list any and all side effects including life threatening possibilities.

Full disclosure can be a bitch...

The side effects of the vaccines are known, listed and easy to find in both medical and governmental resources. At your convenience:

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-180368/pfizer-covid19-vacc-unapprov-intramuscular/details/list-sideeffects

https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects-and-reactions

https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/mrna-1273-vaccine-(moderna)-against-covid-19-background-document-(draft)

https://www.geneesmiddeleninformatiebank.nl/ords/f?p=111:1:0::NO:RP,1:P0_DOMAIN,P0_LANG:H,NL

1 hour ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Conspiracy shit? No. 

I asked a simple question.

And you attempted to side step the question by using over the counter medications as an example which by the way DO list their side effects on their packaging.

The difference is you don't buy a shot of pfizer over the counter and most of the worst adverse reactions show up quickly, which is one of the main reasons why they keep you for 15 minutes after the shot. You never see the packaging, but the side effects are listed and available to you.

1 hour ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

And in the US, after you have been vaccinated, they make you sit in a waiting room for up to 30 minutes to be sure you don't have a bad reaction or worse, fall over dead.

Never had to do that with a flu shot.

The observation period after getting the shot is here as well and should be universal. That is just so they can help you if you have any immediate severe reaction such as anaphylactic shock. This has also been done for the flu shot: https://www.hcplive.com/view/cdc-puts-observation-period-in-place-for-everyone-receiving-the-flu-shot

The flu shot is a different thing, so don't compare the two. It has been administered for many years so it is much better known. Note that this does not mean we don't know anything about the COVID19 vaccines, as you can read in earlier comments in this thread. The viral vector versions are similar to usual vaccines and the mRNA versions have been researched for a long time. Furthermore, if the flu had shown up for the first time this year we'd be in the exact same situation. It's hard to predict side effects and you can't predict all of them.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

21 minutes ago, IAmNotASmartMan said:

People previously dismissed my question as a joke, which I understand, I am genuinely curious though and was wondering if any science people here could take it seriously.

Covid-19 can be gastrointestinal too;

"In two severely diseased patients, the virus could be detected in oesophagus, stomach, duodenum and rectum proving that this virus is present throughout the GI tract. Finally, they were able to detect the virus in 52.4% (n=22) of assessed faecal samples."

Source: https://gut.bmj.com/content/69/6/973

My question at the start of the pandemic was "... does this mean that Covid-19 could be transmitted through flatulence?"

Many hospitalized Covid patients are laid on their fronts to help with breathing, advice that people at home may take too. There is likely to be less and thinner clothing whilst bedbound. Even a facemask doesn't stop all the particles from breathing, so, is it possible the virus could be transmitted this way?

Impossible to say for a number of reasons. Detectable levels first of all does not equal being contagious as the PCR test, for example, can detect RNA in miniscule quantities. Two people is taking low-number statistics to the extreme as well and can not be used to draw any conclusion from. The study notes these uncertainties itself:

What remains less clear is why and how SARS-CoV-2 induces GI symptoms and second whether SARS-CoV-2 can be transmitted through the GI tract other than the respiratory tract.

<snip>

Further research to determine the viability and infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 in faeces is required to control the spread of the virus especially in asymptomatic carriers.

It's probably most relevant for people that deal with fecal matter and not for anyone else.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, IAmNotASmartMan said:

I do agree with all of this, which unfortunately doesn't conclude my personal 'thought experiment' on it. I guess more than expecting confirmation it can, I'm looking for ways to dismiss the concept by finding reasons it definitely couldn't. I certainly don't think it's something we should be alarmed about even if it were possible, since we would probably protect against it in the same ways we do already. Just genuinely curious about the science of whether it's possible, not whether it's likely or concerning.

Edit: P.s. Thank-you both for engaging in a serious discussion about it, really appreciate it.

They didn't analyse farts from what I can tell, so we can neither confirm nor dismiss it. In the end it's just aerosols. Technically it's probably possible. As the idiom goes "you can't prove a negative", so the scientific hypotheses to try to disprove would be 1) farts carry the virus and if they do 2) the viral load is high enough to cause infection. Both of those can be disproven. The unsatisfying answer is we'll probably never know, because that would be challenging to test and they have far better things to do. We know that the biggest concern is breathing and that the virus resides all but exclusively in the airways. Protection against it would be the same as we're already doing and for the specific situations this is a problem, they've outlined the extra word of caution in the manuscript.

6 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

That might be Canada but not everywhere. 

Like vaccines here in the US generally its get the vaccine to stop the spread. But they dont go in to depth on the vaccine it self or list side effects. Generally if you have questions and concerns you bring them up with your doctor or the pharmacist as they legally can provide vaccines as well. 

The only pharmaceuticals I ever see get full commercials are over the counter drugs. Where they list all these side effects and you question if the medicine is worse than the actually sickness. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2021/11/01/cinq-employes-non-vaccines-suspendus-apres-avoir-refuse-des-tests-de-depistage

Five employees suspended because they refuse Covid testing at work. I wonder what the mental gymnastics are. 

I'm going to be making some calls tomorrow to get my booster, hoping to just get one on the way home from work some day soon. Had the J&J and I'm probably going Moderna booster, since there seems to be a higher antibody response which hopefully turns into better/longer t-cell memory. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

7 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

I'm going to be making some calls tomorrow to get my booster, hoping to just get one on the way home from work some day soon. Had the J&J and I'm probably going Moderna booster, since there seems to be a higher antibody response which hopefully turns into better/longer t-cell memory. 

there was some negative reporting against certain booster shots, but I think it might be if one had 3 modernas? something about heart etc. that the % doesn't do well for the risk, but in this case you might be better off, to having the mixed shots (2 J&J + moderna).

18 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2021/11/01/cinq-employes-non-vaccines-suspendus-apres-avoir-refuse-des-tests-de-depistage

Five employees suspended because they refuse Covid testing at work. I wonder what the mental gymnastics are. 

That baffles me too. It's one thing to refuse vaccines, it's another to refuse testing.. and in health services, no less.

19 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

QC gouvernment backtrack on mandatory vaccination for healthcare workers. 

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1836847/vaccination-obligatoire-sante-quebec-dube-covid-19

Heard that this morning, not surprised.

4 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

QC gouvernment backtrack on mandatory vaccination for healthcare workers. 

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1836847/vaccination-obligatoire-sante-quebec-dube-covid-19

Anyone got the English version of this handy?

They're no longer mandating vaccines for healthcare workers? Or the other way around?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Got my 8 and 10yo kiddos scheduled for shots this weekend.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Anyone got the English version of this handy?

They're no longer mandating vaccines for healthcare workers? Or the other way around?

montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/covid-19-updates-montreal-quebec-new-cases-vaccine-passport-vaccination-vax-mandate-health-worker-nurse-children-5-11-november-3/wcm/a1e581a4-d0a2-44d4-a03f-64d39fbdfe94/amp/

kyle's vaccine complication for covid, nearly going unreported. (a longer talk with kyle)

and rant

Spoiler

You should be aware of side effects when and a bit after the vaccine, also how doctors react. Sometimes doctors and the system can fail, and if you feel that are having such an side effect, that they should be taken seriously. This is not to say that vaccines are not safe, just that you should be aware. Sadly doctors can be hit back by their own experience and common practices that might not help your situation. Just be aware if there is a problem and how to express it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7inaTiDKaU

Just a small topic on around the vaccine for younger people, and that you should be aware of skin ulcers or a reaction, heart burn, shortness of breath

and maybe one should have a wait time for both shots even of the same vaccine. low/medium airborne covid more than material transmission?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsGLNNewJlU

Doctors or nurses that doesn't know or how to deal with aspiration of an vaccine, but they could explain it better if they want such a thing.

https://youtu.be/vOyB2PyRf-k?t=1109

I should be getting the 3rd shot in the next couple of weeks. I had to see my doctor about an unrelated thing and during the course of that visit she suggested I get my 3rd shot after November 8th, which would put me at the time they suggested to be before your eligible for the 3rd shot. From the context of the conversation and sounds like at risk people are the ones be suggested to get it. 

On a slightly better note. My dad successfully had his cataract surgery in his second eye and while I dont think he has 20/20 vision, he did say his vision improved greatly. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

My daughter school was closed for 3 days by the provincial health dept., so today, tomorrow and monday. This comes from a reason I posted about a few weeks ago ; a hockey coach lied about his vaccination status, got infected with COVID and infected at least 5 kids. Apparently that was enough to have background infections through the students (every week since, there was 3-4 infections per week, while there wasn't any before).

So the school was closed and they're doing mass screening today and tomorrow, we have an appointment for a PCR test tomorrow, the public health dept. setup the screenings directly at the school. We should get the results by sunday, and if negative she'll be able to get back to school on Tuesday.