COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

QR code for Quebec passport just expired, you need to redo it. People on Reddit are pissed.

Brb gotta have to redo it for my senior parents who forgot all their details, especially what their @ is and the associated password.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 10/16/2021 at 2:08 AM, adarw said:

another reason to take your vaccine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU72tdRpfvc/

I try and explain that the strain on the medical system is one of the most dangerous things about covid, but many people don’t believe it. Car crash victims, heart attack patients, cancer patients, and etc. rely on access to facilities overrun with “willing” covid patients (the ones that refuse to socially distance, wear masks to protect others, and get vaccinated). We’re all suffering with covid as a society, but those with underlying conditions are frequently suffering the worst.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

seems like pfizer plans to also release an oral treatment. which could be decent.

better and more familiar drug? compared to MERCKs oral version.

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

seems like pfizer plans to also release an oral treatment. which could be decent.

better and familiar drug, compared to MERCKs oral version.

How effective are these drugs? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

18 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

How effective are these drugs? 

still unsure. could decrease deaths by some amount. but if it works or as intended in its current state? not sure.

Spoiler

one might be 50-60%, other might be 80-90%.

and I guess in reduction of deaths.

also get those vitamin D's (were some need it and is a nice to have) 😛 at least some % during the winter/night times or in general.

but its not something to be fully sure of, and if they are willing to even push it, compared to what is already or going to go on the market.

hopefully not something else.

I do find it amusing that the anti-vaxxers who refuse to take the COVID vaccine will likely not hesitate to take the COVID anti-viral pill - despite it being new, and full of "scary chemicals".

Really though - more treatment options are better, period.

It would just be great if people were more proactive and more got vaccinated. Fortunately here in Ontario, the vaccination rates are pretty good - but they've been kind of stagnant for a while.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

It would just be great if people were more proactive and more got vaccinated.

Also be more outspoken.

We're 80-85 % vaccinated and all I see are asinine comments / laugh reacts on social media.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I hope this new Pfizer drug works well, that would greatly contribute to getting this pandemic under control. Meanwhile, vaccination rates here have stagnated and there are many anti-vaxxers where I live (unfortunately). Lately, the number of vaccines administered has risen quite significantly, with many being due to people getting their third (booster) shot but also because of quite a few people getting their first shot.
Our restrictions have been updated so that in most cases being tested (even PCR-tested) is not enough to attend certain events, one now needs to be either fully vaccinated or have recovered from Covid19 within the last six months.
There are also places where people additionally need to be PCR-tested (on top of being fully vaccinated or having recovered), for example when you want to visit someone at a hospital.

Let's see how quickly we can get things under control. Fortunately, the vaccines and the tests (both antigen and PCR ones) are free of charge here.

3 hours ago, greenhorn said:

I hope this new Pfizer drug works well, that would greatly contribute to getting this pandemic under control.

Let's hope people will take it. There's probably research about this, but I'm genuinely curious if part of the anti-vax stuff is actually secretly an aversion to stuff being injected that people don't like versus a true deep distrust of the vaccine. Usage of this pill will tell I guess.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Random topic, but Covid related...

I am looking at the statistics for the 'Daily Covid Cases' and does anyone know how India managed to go from around 400,000 cases a day in May 2021 to now only around 11K cases per day as of November 2021?

The reason I am asking is because I am in the UK and we also had a peak around the same time, however only about 1/8 the size...furthermore, we had tons of vaccines and promotions here in the UK like billboards/TV ads/social media ads (etc) all about promoting the vaccines. We even had a lockdown at one point. - Despite this though, our cases are around 40-30K per day but are slowly declining and seniors advisors has suggested it could be "Pretty much out of the picture." by Spring next year. 

Now, when comparing this with India, how the hell have they managed to get the daily case rate from the worst in the world, to now lower than the UK? Does anyone know if India declared martial law or lockdown or something over there?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 16-core 5950X

CPU Cooler: Artic Freezer 2 AIO 360mm Radiator

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 MHz CL16

GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 MSI Ventus 3X 16GB GDDR6X

Storage OS: 500GB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD

Storage Games: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Storage Misc: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute 7200 RPM

PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000W 80+

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz 1ms 3440p (widescreen) HDR400 OLED panel 34"  + Asus PG258Q 240Hz 1ms 1080p G-Sync TN panel 24.5"

11 minutes ago, Actual_Criminal said:

I am looking at the statistics for the 'Daily Covid Cases' and does anyone know how India managed to go from around 400,000 cases a day in May 2021 to now only around 11K cases per day as of November 2021?

The reason I am asking is because I am in the UK and we also had a peak around the same time, however only about 1/8 the size...furthermore, we had tons of vaccines and promotions here in the UK like billboards/TV ads/social media ads (etc) all about promoting the vaccines. We even had a lockdown at one point. - Despite this though, our cases are around 40-30K per day but are slowly declining and seniors advisors has suggested it could be "Pretty much out of the picture." by Spring next year. 

Now, when comparing this with India, how the hell have they managed to get the daily case rate from the worst in the world, to now lower than the UK? Does anyone know if India declared martial law or lockdown or something over there?

not really sure, but there was a mass return to home/more remote towns than being the middle of a crisis area, when it was kind of at it's worst?

Also the more remote areas might be as good when it comes to reporting etc, or lack of areas to go to, when sick.

Then to the fact they are more "outside", not bunched inside a building in mass were droplets can hang around? also having a different weather.

can't say this is it, but some factors, I guess.

also if it was less of a spreader in such a way in england, were it might have been more less symptoms but worse fatality in india? (only if, but haven't looked into it). then corruption of covering or hiding cases.

Edited by Quackers101

27 minutes ago, Actual_Criminal said:

Random topic, but Covid related...

Hard to say, but likely a complicated mix between vaccinations, tons of people already having been infected, climate, people's behaviour etc. Maybe India has strict rules or maybe the UK has become lax. Something like that happened here. Restrictions were eased significantly, people consequently stopped doing the important things and voila there's a surge in infections. Finally India and the UK probably are in different phases of the pandemic's progression, which is why especially in the beginning scientists have been putting so much emphasis on getting people to stop (blindly) comparing the numbers between countries.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

19 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

not really sure, but there was a mass return to home/more remote towns than being the middle of a crisis area, when it was kind of at it's worst?

Also the more remote areas might be as good when it comes to reporting etc, or lack of areas to go to, when sick.

Then to the fact they are more "outside", not bunched inside a building in mass were droplets can hang around? also having a different weather.

can't say this is it, but some factors, I guess.

also if it was less of a spreader in such a way in england, were it might have been more less symptoms but worse fatality in india? (only if, but haven't looked into it). then corruption of covering or hiding cases.

Well I always thought of poor standards for lack of reporting or even the prospect of corruption/politics etc, however they regularly reported cases previously and we are talking hundreds of thousands...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 16-core 5950X

CPU Cooler: Artic Freezer 2 AIO 360mm Radiator

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 MHz CL16

GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 MSI Ventus 3X 16GB GDDR6X

Storage OS: 500GB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD

Storage Games: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Storage Misc: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute 7200 RPM

PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000W 80+

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz 1ms 3440p (widescreen) HDR400 OLED panel 34"  + Asus PG258Q 240Hz 1ms 1080p G-Sync TN panel 24.5"

11 minutes ago, Actual_Criminal said:

Well I always thought of poor standards for lack of reporting or even the prospect of corruption/politics etc, however they regularly reported cases previously and we are talking hundreds of thousands...

some areas can have a lot better standards than others. and there could be a lot of different reasons.

Also I do wonder if traveling, from outside to inside the country or holidays that some british youth or families did or was able to do.

Karl Rock in india

(trying to do covid test)
(forced testing for media)

Spoiler

On 11/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, dalekphalm said:

I do find it amusing that the anti-vaxxers who refuse to take the COVID vaccine will likely not hesitate to take the COVID anti-viral pill - despite it being new, and full of "scary chemicals".

Really though - more treatment options are better, period.

It would just be great if people were more proactive and more got vaccinated. Fortunately here in Ontario, the vaccination rates are pretty good - but they've been kind of stagnant for a while.

I'm more inclined to take the Pfizer antiviral over the Merck one.

Seems the Merck offering is in fact mutagenic with unknown long term effects.

As far as the crowd you're speaking of, it seems they're having apoplexy with Pfizer's offering, claiming it's "just rebranded ivermectin." 

Despite both having some protease inhibiting ability, Pfizer's is specifically targeted towards SARS-COV2, is chemically different from ivermectin, and also is much, much more concentrated in its antiviral ability. It's not simply "rebranded ivermectin" to make money, it's a different drug much like a hacksaw is a different tool than a surgical scalpel, despite both being used for cutting.

That said, I am all about shots. Boosted pfizer here.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Seems the Merck offering is in fact mutagenic with unknown long term effects.

Please don't give them actual ammunition (as in the antiviral producers) 😐  I can already imagine all the "told you so!" coming up.

4 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

As far as the crowd you're speaking of, it seems they're having apoplexy with Pfizer's offering, claiming it's "just rebranded ivermectin." 

Way to shoot themselves in the foot. If Ivermectin is da bomb then what's the problem with taking a Pfizer shot then if it's just a rebrand 😛

6 minutes ago, tikker said:

Please don't give them actual ammunition (as in the antiviral producers) 😐  I can already imagine all the "told you so!" coming up.

Way to shoot themselves in the foot. If Ivermectin is da bomb then what's the problem with taking a Pfizer shot then if it's just a rebrand 😛

It's not ammunition, it's a legitimate concern. I've been on the science side of this the entire time, but this is the first time I've felt apprehensive about potentially taking a real treatment for COVID. Seems Pfizer's works better anyway.

As far as these conspiracy theorists go.....it doesn't really matter what science says. They'll just move the goalposts anyway.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

It's not ammunition, it's a legitimate concern. I've been on the science side of this the entire time, but this is the first time I've felt apprehensive about potentially taking a real treatment for COVID. Seems Pfizer's works better anyway.

As far as these conspiracy theorists go.....it doesn't really matter what science says. They'll just move the goalposts anyway.

I know it's a legitimate concern and that's the absolute last thing we need if we want to convince the stragglers to take a vaccine. I fear this will get twisted to argue that the vaccines are potentially dangerous as well no matter what the research says, because our ears are so nicely selectively deaf in these situations.

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

I know it's a legitimate concern and that's the absolute last thing we need if we want to convince the stragglers to take a vaccine. I fear this will get twisted to argue that the vaccines are potentially dangerous as well no matter what the research says, because our ears are so nicely selectively deaf in these situations.

While true, it might be a better tool. 

Why take the chance on molnupiravir, a mutagenic drug that can possibly have unwanted side effects, when you can take a perfectly safe and proven prophylactic (vaccine) instead that could prevent you even needing treatment?

I’m due for the booster shot also since I got my 2 vaccine shots with Pfizer back in March. Also I work with the public. My workplace was hosting a clinic giving them out but I was busy at the time. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

14 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

While true, it might be a better tool. 

Why take the chance on molnupiravir, a mutagenic drug that can possibly have unwanted side effects, when you can take a perfectly safe and proven prophylactic (vaccine) instead that could prevent you even needing treatment?

Completely agree, but (some of) the anti-vaxers don't reason with logic unfortunately.

3 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I’m due for the booster shot also since I got my 2 vaccine shots with Pfizer back in March. Also I work with the public. My workplace was hosting a clinic giving them out but I was busy at the time. 

In the States, they expanded eligibility to encompass pretty much anyone at this point.

We're throwing them away by the millions, so I didn't feel bad about getting mine.

I've got 3x Pfizer because that's what I started with.

24 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

In the States, they expanded eligibility to encompass pretty much anyone at this point.

We're throwing them away by the millions, so I didn't feel bad about getting mine.

I've got 3x Pfizer because that's what I started with.

While I'm not particularly high risk, as soon as boosters are readily available to all residents in Ontario, I'll probably get it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

not sure about boosters, if they give more side effects, I guess it depends on the type of vaccine like the stronger ones.

but later shots sure, or if one really needs it.