COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
2 hours ago, Vishera said:

Just don't let them to get back to jobs and schools until they are vaccinated.

Public schools can mandate vaccines, but there are easy ways to get your kids exempt. Employers outside the healthcare industry can’t do shit. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, Vishera said:

Just don't let them to get back to jobs and schools until they are vaccinated.

Vaccines have eliminated or nearly eliminated a large number of diseases,despite the existence of "anti vaxers".

Polio is a good example for it.

I don't think everyone should be vaccinated. We should vaccinate only the medically needy, i.e. seniors in retirement homes and medical personnel such as ICU doctors and EMS. 

Students should be getting a quick test every month and quarantining for a week until another negative test is administered. 

I still don't trust the vaccine trials done in the US given the fast-tracks and profit motive of the companies. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

I don't think everyone should be vaccinated. We should vaccinate only the medically needy, i.e. seniors in retirement homes and medical personnel such as ICU doctors and EMS. 

Even a perfectly healthy person can die from it,

Everyone should be vaccinated period,human lives are not a game and no risks should be taken.

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Students should be getting a quick test every month and quarantining for a week until another negative test is administered. 

It's very ineffective,especially with the incubation period of the virus at play.

4 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I still don't trust the vaccine trials done in the US given the fast-tracks and profit motive of the companies. 

We will see how it goes,but don't forget that there are other countries with more strict rules in the matter.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

13 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I agree, at least in the beginning. Eventually everyone should be vaccinated tho

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

16 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Hard disagree here - Yes, those people should be the first to be vaccinated, but eventually the vast majority of the population should be vaccinated.

That's all well and good (and should be happening already, but it's not) as a short term solution, but cannot be used as a permanent solution.

You're thinking too small. Plenty of vaccine trials were done outside of the US. Additionally, at least one (possibly more) of the vaccine manufacturers has already pledged to sell the vaccine at-cost, so that should at least help alleviate the profit motive.

Countries like Canada aren't just going to take the US's word for it that the vaccine is "fine". We will be demanding peer reviewed research before any approvals are made.

16 hours ago, Vishera said:

Even a perfectly healthy person can die from it,

Exactly - there are people who have died while being young and seemingly healthy. And even those that survive often have to battle for months and months with long term complications - some of those people will live with these complications for the rest of their lives.

Everyone should be vaccinated period,human lives are not a game and no risks should be taken.

Caveat here - some people legitimately cannot get vaccinated due to medical issues. Though this group is statistically tiny - a small fraction of a percent of the population.

It's very ineffective,especially with the incubation period of the virus at play.

Yes, the virus spreads too quickly, and symptoms are not readily apparent until potentially days or more than a week after you've started spreading it around.

We will see how it goes,but don't forget that there are other countries with more strict rules in the matter.

Exactly this. Countries like the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, etc are not going to just blindly approve a vaccine just because the Americans did.

With that in mind, now that President-Elect Biden has been given transitional powers (finally), he will have some say in the matter of ensuring that any vaccine approvals are above board.

3 hours ago, Parideboy said:

I agree, at least in the beginning. Eventually everyone should be vaccinated tho

That's how it'll have to be regardless - vaccines will be in very short supply initially, so each country will have to ration them and decide somehow how to distribute them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Here we used to get 200 to 300 Covid cases a day. Now it’s 1,500 a day. 😱

But I’ve noticed that people are buying smaller portions for Thanksgiving. Meaning some are actually adhering to the CDC’s advice not to travel this year for turkey day.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

On 11/24/2020 at 9:54 AM, dalekphalm said:

With that in mind, now that President-Elect Biden has been given transitional powers (finally), he will have some say in the matter of ensuring that any vaccine approvals are above board.

Just to note, none of the fast-tracking that was done should in anyway effect the scientific study of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines, it just allowed the viruses to jump the lines to get approved by the FDA (essentially, they read their reports/studied their data immediately after receiving instead of it queueing) and allowed them to run concurrent trials (but any issues would still set them back to preliminary stages).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

49 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

Just to note, none of the fast-tracking that was done should in anyway effect the scientific study of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines, it just allowed the viruses to jump the lines to get approved by the FDA (essentially, they read their reports/studied their data immediately after receiving instead of it queueing) and allowed them to run concurrent trials (but any issues would still set them back to preliminary stages).

Be that as it may, you can understand now non-Americans are at least somewhat concerned about the FDA's processes, given the political climate.

With that in mind, the peer reviewed science will be critical here. Personally I don't believe in any of the conspiracies that say the vaccines are dangerous or rushed unnecessarily. While Pharma companies are for profit, they're also very long term focused companies. A drug or vaccine may take a decade to pay for itself. It's not in their best interests to kill off a bunch of potential customers. Nor is it in their best interest to ruin their own reputation by putting a vaccine out that is dangerous.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, Neysh said:

I hope everything will be alright soon.

Only when vaccines are widely distributed and adopted. You may not see waves as big as we've seen without a vaccine (viruses tend to peter out as they evolve into milder forms and people develop resistance), but a timely return to something normal-ish requires an artificial boost.

Hands looking like prunes because it’s cold and I have to wash my hands often. 

That’s why you don’t need to buy the more expensive antibacterial soaps to wash away the coronavirus. They tend to be harsher and they cause more problems.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 hours ago, like_ooh_ahh said:

That’s why you don’t need to buy the more expensive antibacterial soaps to wash away the coronavirus. They tend to be harsher and they cause more problems.

I have skin issues, it's always worse in winter. Thankfully, I already had cream that I prefer (some cream leave your skin oily, I hate that). Was already using cream because of the regular hand washing, so it's not too bad now that cold / winter is here.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

The actor for Darth Vader in the original Star Wars Trilogy is the latest big name lost to Covid-19.

Source: https://vancouversun.com/entertainment/movies/darth-vader-actor-david-prowse-died-of-covid-19/wcm/2683288c-5db1-4560-bb06-8aaa6ca338b5?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR048pIr1YGHQBikCjf9MfWevuTNQRsMT2S2ocv2S-wbB8xjBPZSbyNDics#Echobox=1606760471

Edit: Oh no... another big name, 7-time F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Mercedes-AMG Petronas confirms he will not partake in the Sakhir GP. His replacement driving alongside Bottas has yet to be announced. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIPyB2uBQ7q/

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Sorry if everyone's talking about vaccines but, https://linustechtips.com/profile/685825-piratemonkey/?status=283374&type=status

Tldr vaccines (namely Pfizer's) are getting approved, and Britain could start using them as soon as the 7th of this month. Still not a huge amount of info afaik for Canada tho :(

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

I hope these vaccines are actually safe and we don't see people start dropping like flies after doses start getting administered.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:33 AM, like_ooh_ahh said:

On 11/30/2020 at 11:05 AM, wkdpaul said:

I have skin issues, it's always worse in winter. 

I think I once had skin.

(getting older, being careless around knives and tools, and playing bass turned my hands into hobbit feet :P)

21 hours ago, Nowak said:

I hope these vaccines are actually safe and we don't see people start dropping like flies after doses start getting administered.

They're fine. The clinical trials from the past several months were designed precisely to check for possible adverse reactions. If anything bad happened, it would very likely be mild or manifest itself quickly (within days of taking a dose). We know how vaccines work, including the new mRNA variety the UK will start using next week.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

They're fine. The clinical trials from the past several months were designed precisely to check for possible adverse reactions. If anything bad happened, it would very likely be mild or manifest itself quickly (within days of taking a dose). We know how vaccines work, including the new mRNA variety the UK will start using next week.

but how do they even plan to use them?

or are they safe and do work even on people that are already infected?

or they will just do things as they go, just like they did and they are still doing?

1 minute ago, Lii said:

but how do they even plan to use them?

by vaccinating people ... like other vaccines ?

1 minute ago, Lii said:

or are they safe and do work even on people that are already infected?

People already infected likely won't get vaccinated, it's a vaccine, not a cure.

1 minute ago, Lii said:

or they will just do things as they go, just like they did and they are still doing?

???

Just now, wkdpaul said:

by vaccinating people ... like other vaccines ?

People already infected likely won't get vaccinated, it's a vaccine, not a cure.

yeah but the problem is that we don't really know what is the extension of infected people, nor we do really know who is infected and who's not, besides those who are showing syntoms or got properly tested 

by consequences how are they are going to plan to vaccinate people?

they will just vaccinate everyone without futher checking or what?

Just now, wkdpaul said:

5 minutes ago, Lii said:

by consequences how are they are going to plan to vaccinate people?

they will just vaccinate everyone without futher checking or what?

I suggest looking up your country's plan, I don't know about elsewhere, but here in Canada it's going to be the elderly and caretakers/health professionals first, then there's going to be a general population vaccination drive.

Not sure why we would need to retest everyone for the vaccine?

8 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I guess if people are afraid of reinfection as that was a problem early on. Where people who seemingly recovered got reinfected weeks or months later. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

12 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I suggest looking up your country's plan, I don't know about elsewhere, but here in Canada it's going to be the elderly and caretakers/health professionals first, then there's going to be a general population vaccination drive.

dunno it depends on the vaccine, some can be safely used on the infected, some others cannot

also if you don't take precautions you could potentially agevolate the shedding of it

by consequences, if you don't know who is infected and who's not, you cannot just vaccinate everyone without precautions

unless they don't have in mind to just vaccinate everyone, and who cares about some complications, just like most of the states did (and are) act

I bring that up because quite a few of the vaccines' data followed patients for just a month after the second dose. Everything after that is more or less an unknown.

Anyway, here in the States each state has its own vaccination plan. Massachusetts is doing so in 3 phases. Phase 1 is prioritizing healthcare workers and people considered high risk first, followed by... the same populations but in a bigger network and distribution area for Phase 2, and then all 6.9 million nice people will be eligible for vaccination at the end of Phase 3.

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I guess if people are afraid of reinfection as that was a problem early on. Where people who seemingly recovered got reinfected weeks or months later. 

It was more about getting vaccinated while infected.

2 minutes ago, Lii said:

dunno it depends on the vaccine, some can be safely used on the infected, some others cannot

also if you don't take precautions you could potentially agevolate the shedding of it

by consequences, if you don't know who is infected and who's not, you cannot just vaccinate everyone without precautions

Yes, but we don't have the information on this one though, so if you're worried, you can always get tested and then get your vaccination if it's negative.

But as @BlueChinchillaEatingDorito mentioned, reinfection is a thing, and it's very likely that we'll need a yearly shot, just like the flu.