Please help point me in the right direction

Mardii_B

Hi all. I've just build a new pc nit my first but just a new one. I have switched from my normal intel builds聽 and gone to amd. I followed my usual process, pushed the button, fans, lights and all were going great but no signal to the monitor, so I changed the monitor still nothing, went through my trouble shooting process got it all the way back down to bare minimum. Finally got it to post with only 1 stick of ram and cpu. I tried each stick in each slot singularly and was fine but more than 1 stick, no post. Eventually after updating bios and halving the frequency of the ram from 4800mhz to 2400mhz I'm not posting with 2 sticks of ram and gpu but that's it. I've tried everything has anyone had this issue with similar parts. Has this thread already been started elsewhere and if so where? Please help 馃檹

Pc specs

Amd ryzen 7 7800xd3聽

Gigabyte b650m k Rev 1.1

2x Corsair vengeance rgb 32gb (16gbx2)聽

Gigabyte rtx4060 aero

What kind of memory is it?聽 What are the specs?

8 minutes ago, tkitch said:

What kind of memory is it?聽 What are the specs?

Corsair vengeance rgb ddr5 32gb (16x2) 6000mhz

reset bios to factory defaults and try again?聽聽

that speed memory should be fine on the cpu聽

5 minutes ago, tkitch said:

reset bios to factory defaults and try again?聽聽

that speed memory should be fine on the cpu聽

I've reset the cmos a million times still same outcome

27 minutes ago, Mardii_B said:

Corsair vengeance rgb ddr5 32gb (16x2) 6000mhz

What are the timings? Corsair makes 3 or 4 versions of that kit, some are good, some can cause issues. If you have to pull the sticks out of the system to check that, look on the sticker and see what the version number is on it (it will say something like ver. 5.43.13)

each stick works fine individually but 2 stick doesnt seems to suggest dud board

tried each stick in each slot though? could be a dead channel or something which is usually mobo related but dirty cpu pads can also cause it

might aswell take the chance to swap the board out to something better like the b650m hdv cause the m-k is appallingly bad both vrms and is apparently an a620 bios features wise

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What are the timings? Corsair makes 3 or 4 versions of that kit, some are good, some can cause issues. If you have to pull the sticks out of the system to check that, look on the sticker and see what the version number is on it (it will say something like ver. 5.43.13)

I'm currently at work so I'd have to check when I'm home but this is the manufacturer part number if that helps聽

CMH32GX5M2B6000C40W

38 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

each stick works fine individually but 2 stick doesnt seems to suggest dud board

tried each stick in each slot though? could be a dead channel or something which is usually mobo related but dirty cpu pads can also cause it

might aswell take the chance to swap the board out to something better like the b650m hdv cause the m-k is appallingly bad both vrms and is apparently an a620 bios features wise

Interesting I'll have a look into that

3 minutes ago, Mardii_B said:

I'm currently at work so I'd have to check when I'm home but this is the manufacturer part number if that helps聽

CMH32GX5M2B6000C40W

OK, that's not the kits are known for having a lot of issues, but it can still can have some compatibility issues in some instances. A bad motherboard is more likely in this scenario though, so if you're within the return period it's probably worth swapping it out for something better just in case.聽

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, that's not the kits are known for having a lot of issues, but it can still can have some compatibility issues in some instances. A bad motherboard is more likely in this scenario though, so if you're within the return period it's probably worth swapping it out for something better just in case.聽

Yeah I only just got it this week and every component of this build is brand new from the store bought this week also so I might try get in touch