COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
4 hours ago, Commodus said:

and it's entirely possible that one mistake could send you to the hospital.

This is what really shits me about our local government right now, While this message is genuinely what everyone needs to hear, many will not because they are ramming this message at everyone blaming the ordinary person for this second wave,  when the reality is it was their inept organization of security for hotel quarantine that caused it all.    The average citizen is not smart enough to know this message needs to be adhered too, because they are to busy seeing the hypocrisy in the government thus it is being dismissed as not important.   The end result is 1 in 4 people with covid19 are not self isolating and going out to do stuff. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just had a phone call with my landlord and I’m glad that he agreed not to charge me more for rent even though my contract ended and most of my things are still there in my old apartment. I simply can’t risk driving there to get it all because my old place is currently a coronavirus epicenter and they’re bringing back stricter quarantine guidelines for two weeks. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

A status update of mine from yesterday, I thought of sharing it here: 

Fact: The current coronavirus is approximately 5 nm smaller than the transistors of the following processors from early to mid 2000s. 

• Athlon XP and Athlon 64
  • PowerPC G5
  • Pentium 4 Northwood
  • Pentium III 

Just saying :P

Edited by captain_to_fire
attached a link

14 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Fact: The current coronavirus is approximately 5 nm smaller than the transistors of the following processors from early to mid 2000s. 

• PowerPC G5
  • Pentium 4 Northwood
  • Pentium III 

And boy, oh boy it can run (a) Crisis!

5 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

And boy, oh boy it can run (a) Crisis!

Intel might take it seriously and make a 14 nm ++++++ chip made up of biological virus transistors :D

2 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Intel might take it seriously and make a 14 nm ++++++ chip made up of biological virus transistors :D

- Oh no, my PC got a virus!
- LOL, my PC is a virus!

22 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

• PowerPC G5
  • Pentium 4 Northwood
  • Pentium III 

That’s actually rather large. Suppose inly millions can fit in the space of my fingernail instead of billions. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

16 hours ago, Escanor said:

Things are getting scary when there people protesting against social distancing and wearing masks etc 😷

Unpopular opinion: Because of the increased risk of spreading a pandemic virus right now, no one should be out protesting for any reason. Who is ‘allowed’ to protest has been so cherry-picked as well, which is even more reason it should all be stopped. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

1 minute ago, atxcyclist said:

spreading a pandemic virus right now, no one should be out protesting for any reason. Who is ‘allowed’ to protest has been so cherry-picked as well, which is even more reason it should all be stopped. 

I mean the ones that are rioting and burning stuff and stealing stuff. They need to dealt with. The ones peacefully protesting, they have the LEGAL + CONSTITUTIONAL right to do so. They just need to make sure they are wearing a mask. As far as the cherry picking has gone, I haven't noticed any, but I dont watch the news because laying awake every night concerned about what's going on is not healthy. 

I can say we had a protest in my city a few months back and they were very civil about it. The city notified people about what was going on. They had a route planned out and such. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

That’s actually rather large. Suppose inly millions can fit in the space of my fingernail instead of billions. 

Well if we're talking about microprocessors, yes 125-130 nm is large compared to the current 10 or 7 nm of Intel or TSMC. But for biological pathogens those are small that requires an electron microscope to view.

32 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I mean the ones that are rioting and burning stuff and stealing stuff. They need to dealt with. The ones peacefully protesting, they have the LEGAL + CONSTITUTIONAL right to do so. They just need to make sure they are wearing a mask. As far as the cherry picking has gone, I haven't noticed any, but I dont watch the news because laying awake every night concerned about what's going on is not healthy. 

I can say we had a protest in my city a few months back and they were very civil about it. The city notified people about what was going on. They had a route planned out and such. 

While I agree about the troublemakers typically, the truth is that while masks are extremely capable of preventing the spread of covid, they're not 100% effective. Social distancing is key to the whole thing. One glaring example was the vilification months ago of the people protesting about their jobs ending/becoming jobless due to restrictions, but current protests are getting excused even though they're significantly larger. Not to mention those older protests didn't have looting or rioting associated with them. Public perception should never be the litmus test on what rights are important, but that is what it's become. People wanting to work shouldn't be getting trashed while people protesting police brutality get a pass, they're both important causes but covid is the big deal right now. I want us as a country to get deep into a downward trend and under control with covid before people go out into big groups and protest. 

There are still protests here, I don't know to what degree they're being carried out because I stay far away from that area of town. I've been only going to my office and my house for the last nearly 5 months now and I'm sick of it. I've done 100% of what I needed to this whole time, and because I care about my health and the health of those around me I've still suffered, everyone that did what they're supposed to has suffered. The protests and IDGAF attitude of mask-less/careless people really annoy me, because the primary focus of everyone right now should be not dying from covid or endangering anyone else. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

5 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

The protests and IDGAF attitude of mask-less/careless people really annoy me, because the primary focus of everyone right now should be not dying from covid or endangering anyone else. 

Agree,  it is one thing to have civil rights, but if no one is going to take responsibility for their freedom then those rights aren't worth shit.    Rights always have to be balanced against responsibility, yes it's a right to protest, but if protesting endangers another persons life or their ability to safeguard their livelihood,  then those rights are not balanced reasonably against the rights of other citizens.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, atxcyclist said:

eople wanting to work

Thats the thing. People are cry about jobs. I see help wanted signs EVERYWHERE. People are only pissed because they were making more money on unemployment than they were making at their jobs. Because I can tell you like most retailers are hiring. Amazon is ALWAYS hiring. I live in Trucking Company/Warehouse capital of the world it seems like and they always have jobs available. If push comes to shove, use a Temp agency, that's how I got hired in permanent at my current job. 

3 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

he protests and IDGAF attitude of mask-less/careless people really annoy me, because the primary focus of everyone right now should be not dying from covid or endangering anyone else. 

Protest or not protest. You're going to have people who don't follow the rules. The best thing that can happen to them is Charles Darwin's survival of the fittest. The fact is, I have a feeling the masks are going to become semi permanent. Also, the last pandemic we had it took the US 3 years to get back to normal. So....... We got a while before this is all over. 

Covidiots caught photoshopping pictures of their anti-mask protest. I've seen independent analysis peg it as roughly 1,200 people when they claimed 100,000.

FB_IMG_1597126433032.jpg

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

It's official today,  the second wave Australia is having (99.9% in one state) has been traced back to ballsed up hotel quarantine.  It was claimed that the entire second outbreak very likely came from as little as 1 or 2 infected people not being held in quarantine or security not taking proper infection control measures.

We are currently having a judicial inquirey into the whole thing,  but comparing what Vic did to what the other states did it is apparent the problem was in government orders and controls (or lack there of).

On 8/9/2020 at 8:58 PM, captain_to_fire said:

Thoughts? @wkdpaul 

People that believe this are morons ;

"We want our liberty. We want the right to say yes to a vaccine. We want the right to decide. It's our life, it's our bodies, it's up to us," said Warren. 

"I'm not OK with children going to school wearing masks, and physical distancing," said Irène Sarmiento. "It makes no sense. The children aren't to blame. The population is being abused."

First, this ;

We want the right to decide. It's our life, it's our bodies, it's up to us

That's the same bullshit argument smokers were giving when smoking ban were issued, and the same logical fallacies apply ; it's NOT just about you, it's about the people AROUND you. You might be fine with catching COVID, you might even get no symptoms and have no lasting problems, BUT the people you get in contact with might not have the same chance. I really don't understand what is hard to comprehend with this ? It's NOT about freedom, it's about public health.

Then this ;

The children aren't to blame. The population is being abused.

Yeah, it's not the children's fault, no shit Sherlock! But you want them to not wear a mask and not social distance because "it's not their fault" ???? WTF does that even mean? "It's not my child's fault, so I want him/her to be in an 'at risk' environment and not protect him/herselft !!"

All right then, cars are not "your child's fault", so next time let them cross a busy BLVD without waiting for the pedestrian crossing ... because that makes complete sense!

Seriously, what's wrong with people, we're getting numbers from the USA, kids that are in schools when masks and social distancing aren't required are getting infected. As a parent, I'm brutally aware that schools are a fucking petri dish and kids get sick all the fucking time! And when they're not, one of the parent get sick. So having social distancing rules and having them wearing masks makes complete sense!!!

I honestly don't understand the issue with wearing a simple surgical mask. It doesn't infringe on your liberties, there are people wearing masks all day long, and have no issues. You can't have a health issue that forbids you to wear a surgical mask, in fact, serious health issues will often REQUIRE the person to wear a mask. The gov should just ignore these people, plan a re-opening that makes sense (like mandatory masks in schools and in all public areas), have hefty fines for people breaking the rules and keep pushing against their stupidity.

It worked for NZ, it'll work here.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

I honestly don't understand the issue with wearing a simple surgical mask. It doesn't infringe on your liberties, there are people wearing masks all day long, and have no issues.

You would be surprised to see Karens especially in the US who would make fake mask exception IDs showing that they have a condition that exempts them from wearing a surgical mask, notwithstanding the fact that there are asthmatics and COPD patients still wearing masks. 

If I’m having a kid, now is probably not the right time to name someone Karen. :D 

10 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

As a parent, I'm brutally aware that schools are a fucking petri dish and kids get sick all the fucking time! And when they're not, one of the parent get sick.

Is your daughter having online classes for this year’s academic year, if you don’t mind me asking?

18 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

You would be surprised to see Karens especially in the US who would make fake mask exception IDs showing that they have a condition that exempts them from wearing a surgical mask, notwithstanding the fact that there are asthmatics and COPD patients still wearing masks. 

I'm sadly aware of the FTBA, it's honestly pathetic the way these people go around impersonating government officials and threatening workers. From my understanding, this is illegal, and I'm surprised these people are able to get away with this.

Is your daughter having online classes for this year’s academic year, if you don’t mind me asking?

Not sure about the upcoming school year, but last school year they switched to online courses, they had 2 video calls per week, they would send the week's plan and the daily homework on Sunday, I would print the stuff she had to do every morning, we would help her during the day for stuff she didn't understand, and every evening my wife and I would do correction and have her revise and read.

It's hard, since we were both working from home but also had to be a teacher. I hope they're going to re-open the schools (even if it's just gradual or partial), it's hard for kids to stay in for so long with little to no contact with other kids. At their age they need to socialize as much as possible (IMO).

Edited by wkdpaul

There are many disabled people in the UK (perhaps elsewhere as well) that have been verbally abused by others for not wearing face masks.  Many such individuals are exempt from doing so due to how the disabilities affect them, though even with planned "exemption cards", I believe people need to remember telling them to stay at home because they are disabled, be it during COVID or not, is discrimination.  This is hard for all of us, and we all need to stay calm during this crisis.

There are also many companies that have imposed "no mask, no entry" rules at their outlets, ignoring national guidelines again towards disabled customers.  Whilst I am not qualified to tell such places how to run their business, it may be helpful to discuss with policy makers on ways to better support individuals who cannot/are exempt from face masks; particularly in stores where product demos or on-the-spot sales queries may be required before purchase.

48 minutes ago, rushboarduk said:

There are many disabled people in the UK (perhaps elsewhere as well) that have been verbally abused by others for not wearing face masks.  Many such individuals are exempt from doing so due to how the disabilities affect them, though even with planned "exemption cards", I believe people need to remember telling them to stay at home because they are disabled, be it during COVID or not, is discrimination.  This is hard for all of us, and we all need to stay calm during this crisis.

There are also many companies that have imposed "no mask, no entry" rules at their outlets, ignoring national guidelines again towards disabled customers.  Whilst I am not qualified to tell such places how to run their business, it may be helpful to discuss with policy makers on ways to better support individuals who cannot/are exempt from face masks; particularly in stores where product demos or on-the-spot sales queries may be required before purchase.

I haven't heard of many medical conditions that could prevent people from wearing masks but still allow them to be out and about, beyond skin issues (masks irritate facial skin) and mental ones (PTDS & autism were two I've heard about). Realistically, if you're a person in the categorically of "medically unable to wear a mask," the question you should be asking yourself is if going out and about, going into indoor spaces, etc, in the midst of a pandemic without a mask is a good idea.

And while yes it might be discriminatory to prevent people unable to wear masks from entering a store, I doubt it's illegal discrimination. At least in Canada (which generally have similar ish laws to the EU and US), all companies have to do is provide reasonable accommodation, there is no requirement for them to at-all-costs accommodate someone with a disability. They also do not need to accommodate at the risk of other patrons. I'm sure the companies enforcing "no mask, no entry" policies have already reviewed the appropriate legislation and decided that it is legal discrimination to prevent people who can't/won't wear masks entry--and quite frankly, in the midst of a pandemic which has killed hundreds of thousands of people, I can't say that's an unreasonable decision. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

6 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

The gov should just ignore these people, plan a re-opening that makes sense

The issues is that our Federal Government has been useless during this. The states have the burden of coming up with a game plan. It’s hard when states that border each other don’t really care. We have a customer from Ohio who does will call at my job. He is one of those who refuses to wear a mask. But Michigan has the executive order in place requiring them. He claims to have a medical condition. The last time he showed up the boss pretty much said here’s your stuff, now get the fuck out of my building. We now have a policy in place for that idiot. Before he even makes it in to our building the boss is going to walk to order out to him. Sorry we just don’t want him in our building. He could always choose to ship his order, instead of driving the 45 min. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

The issues is that our Federal Government has been useless during this. The states have the burden of coming up with a game plan.

To be clear, the article I was commenting on was about a local protest here in Montreal, Canada ... and when I said "government", it was, again, in relation to this article, so the Quebec provincial government ;)

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

It’s hard when states that border each other don’t really care. We have a customer from Ohio who does will call at my job. He is one of those who refuses to wear a mask. But Michigan has the executive order in place requiring them. He claims to have a medical condition. The last time he showed up the boss pretty much said here’s your stuff, now get the fuck out of my building. We now have a policy in place for that idiot. Before he even makes it in to our building the boss is going to walk to order out to him. Sorry we just don’t want him in our building. He could always choose to ship his order, instead of driving the 45 min. 

that sucks really! :(

Thankfully, I don't have to get out much (went to a client last week for an equipment upgrade, all workers had to wear a mask, and the business was offering masks for those that didn't have them ... and that's the offices that aren't open to the public).

My experience (at least in my area and with my customers) is rather positive in that regards, I've seen a few incidents, but most stores now have security for that (even my local dollar store has a security guard at the entrance!!).