COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
39 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

To be clear, the article I was commenting on was about a local protest here in Montreal, Canada ... and when I said "government", it was, again, in relation to this article, so the Quebec provincial government ;)

I was just speaking in general for the US. Thats why we have issues. Canada is probably doing better than us. 

40 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

even my local dollar store has a security guard at the entrance!!).

Our Local Walmart has one. They dont even say a damn thing. Though I heard the Michigan is sending out state inspectors to businesses and issuing fines. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

There was this clip of 2 women who said they have the rights not to wear a mask and show some female employee their FBTA card and how the store can be fine and other nonsense. The female employee seem to have fallen for it and taken the bait. Employers and employees who deal with these people on a daily basis needs to keep up with the latest covid-19 news so they don't fall for that nonsense.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Story time: The business I work at is not a public storefront, so unless we have a package delivery or an on-site meeting (not happening right now), no one comes in. My office door was accidentally unlocked for just a half hour a few weeks back, a mask-less roving salesman opened the door and attempted to walk in, then was promptly told to leave in very colorful language. I then called the cops and gave them a description as he went to other doors as well. The city I work in has had a mask requirement in place, we have the city's signs and one of our own on the front door at eye-level, no excuse.

It's obvious that many people just don't give a shit, and it's sad. I've had several long-distance family members get covid, thankfully they all had minimal symptoms but it was due to someone going to a bar a few times in an area that wasn't doing anything to prevent it. I feel sketched-out at times just going from my vehicle to my office, though I have on a full-face motorcycle helmet with the visor down or a mask (depending on what I'm operating that day), I don't want to run into these numbnuts and get exposed. Pretty much the last place I'd want to be right now is a bar or social gathering, hell no to that.

I feel really bad for schools around here, as they're inevitably going to open back up. Parents of students right now are in such a bad position, money is tight and they have to work to survive, but at the same time someone has to watch their children if they cannot work remotely. What do you do? It sure would have been nice the people that have been out screwing around would have just stayed home for a month, we'd be trending way down.

To top it all off, Texas is one of a handful of states that currently can no do mail-in ballots for everyone, you have to have a physical disablement, be a senior, or be outside of the country in order to qualify for mail-in. I meet none of those, so Tyvek suit and gas mask it is, I guess?

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

13 hours ago, Blade of Grass said:

I haven't heard of many medical conditions that could prevent people from wearing masks but still allow them to be out and about, beyond skin issues (masks irritate facial skin) and mental ones (PTDS & autism were two I've heard about). Realistically, if you're a person in the categorically of "medically unable to wear a mask," the question you should be asking yourself is if going out and about, going into indoor spaces, etc, in the midst of a pandemic without a mask is a good idea.

My two sons are autistic and I have done a lot of work with kids on the spectrum.  I can easily see why this would be a mask issue,  However I also srongly agree, if you can't wear a mask, then avoid going out.  There might be one or two things you can;t avoid (like a trip to the doctor or hospital) but get someone else to do the shopping and have everything delivered.

It's not like having a legitimate exception to wearing a mask means you have to go out more often than necessary.  Fucking karen's of the world making life harder because they are fucked in the head.

Also this is the Australian response to karens refusing to wear a mask in bunnings (a large hardware chain like home depot).  First one is a piss take of a celebrity criminal we have and the second one is a in the vein of an iconic Australian poet

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

There was this clip of 2 women who said they have the rights not to wear a mask and show some female employee their FBTA card and how the store can be fine and other nonsense. The female employee seem to have fallen for it and taken the bait. Employers and employees who deal with these people on a daily basis needs to keep up with the latest covid-19 news so they don't fall for that nonsense.

Yeah there is an easy way. No shirt, no shoes, no mask, NO SERVICE. Private Business equals Private Property. 

The thing also is, people who cant wear masks do have some other options. 

1) Many stores around me do curb side pickup. That includes grocery and other retailers. 

2) Many restaurants do curb side pickup. 

3) Many Stores use services like Shipt and you can have your shit delivered. 

4) Doordash and Grubhub. I say no more. 

5) Amazon pretty much has you covered. 

https://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec/quebecs-mask-order-does-not-violate-charter-human-rights-commission-says

RIP Jean-François Dubois.

Guy is frequently cited amongst the anti-maskers over here, despite holding absolutely zero legal recognition (I'm not even sure he has postsecondary education), and even introducing himself as quote, a "constitutional autodidact". 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

To add on to what I stated earlier. Delta Airlines has started banning people for not wearing masks. I guess the CEO stated if you dont want to wear a mask then please dont fly with us ever. I have to say Im surprised that a CEO would have the balls to say that. 

The debate will be, do businesses have the right? I think they do. Because according to Federal Law employers are responsible for maintaining a safe working environment. Most states have similar provisions in their laws as well. 

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah there is an easy way. No shirt, no shoes, no mask, NO SERVICE. Private Business equals Private Property. 

1) Many stores around me do curb side pickup. That includes grocery and other retailers. 

It's sad to realize that these people pour more effort into avoiding mask use than it would take to just wear a mask in the first place.

This also emphasizes a common thread I've seen among pandemic deniers... more than anything, they're desperate to pretend things can immediately go back to normal. They don't want even the slightest inconvenience; they act as if customers will flock to businesses like nothing happened; they're convinced they can stay healthy through sheer willpower.

I hate when people at the check-out wear their mask like a chinstrap and are also talking on the phone. Makes me feel like I should wear a face shield along with the mask at all times and not just at U-Scan.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

3 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I hate when people at the check-out wear their mask like a chinstrap and are also talking on the phone. Makes me feel like I should wear a face shield along with the mask at all times and not just at U-Scan.

Well its because there is no way to enforce the rules. 

Well there is, but stores are not willing to do it. Delta's CEO pretty much banned anyone who would not wear a mask from future flights. But most retailers, even the larger ones won't do that. And the Police has bigger issues to deal with than people not wearing masks. 

I have heard that state officials here in Michigan might be going to businesses and checking things out, and issuing fines if the businesses are not following the governors orders. 

2 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

It’s a good thing our employees keep reminding our customers to wear their masks properly, so far no Karens detected. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Lmao people making over 140k being food insecure. 

20200813_224515.jpg

14 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Lmao people making over 140k being food insecure. 

20200813_224515.jpg

Must by really bad at planning ahead.  

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

It’s a good thing our employees keep reminding our customers to wear their masks properly, so far no Karens detected. 

Me: Asks a customer where is your mask

Customer who’s 20-ish drinking a sugary boba drink: oh I have a health issue.

with no effing proof.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I work in a college and I haven't experienced anyone complaining about the obligatory mask. Most complainers seem to only have attended the university of life, that could be it. 

44 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Me: Asks a customer where is your mask

Customer who’s 20-ish drinking a sugary boba drink: oh I have a health issue.

with no effing proof.

A customer with a “health condition” complains about wearing a mask but has no problem drinking a boba loaded with sugar which promotes obesity and type 2 DM? Lol 😂

I really have no problems where will an effective and safe COVID-19 vaccine will come but I don’t get as to why would the Russian Health Ministry would name their vaccine candidate “Спутник/Sputnik V” which is a low orbit satellite that lasted only three weeks before its batteries died? https://sputnikvaccine.com/about-vaccine/ 
CC9A5968-589A-4B4E-8419-CFCE30A652B1.thumb.png.ef62081bf3c3571abce65010fac4df7a.png

considering that they haven’t published any studies just yet. I’m hopeful but skeptical at the same time. Vladimir Putin said that his daughter got the vaccine candidate but that is not an evidence of efficacy and safety but just a single anecdote. 

35 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

I really have no problems where will an effective and safe COVID-19 vaccine will come but I don’t get as to why would the Russian Health Ministry would name their vaccine candidate “Спутник/Sputnik V” which is a low orbit satellite that lasted only three weeks before its batteries died?

"Sputnik" isn't a Russian satellite, it is "satellite" in Russian.

On 8/12/2020 at 6:23 AM, Donut417 said:

That is assuming people have the extra money to use those services. You pay more for the convenience, that's a fact. An order from grubhub, doordash, postmates is going to be $30-50 more expensive for a family, and that goes for any delivery service like Shipt. That money adds up quick, especially for those who didn't have a lot of money in the first place. *cough cough* most "essential" workers. 

Even those who got the $600 in unemployment, depending where you live that money may not stretch far. Sure, some were making more than there previous jobs but heaven forbid they have extra money during a time when people are dying. 

The fact is, "essential workers" got shafted, those who became unemployed got shafted too but not as hard since they got boosted benefits. Not everyone can afford to pay for the convenience. If they can't wear a mask, and can't afford to pay to use those services, then we have zero fucking right to judge them. Honest to god, we shouldnt be judging the people trying their hardest to make it through this with what little they were given. There are cancer patients delaying their treatments because they are afraid of getting this virus. We have bigger things to worry about than judging the people who legitimately (yes legitimately, i'm looking at you Karen) can't wear a mask.  

Do you even fanboy bro?

7 minutes ago, Liltrekkie said:

That is assuming people have the extra money to use those services. You pay more for the convenience, that's a fact. An order from grubhub, doordash, postmates is going to be $30-50 more expensive for a family, and that goes for any delivery service like Shipt. That money adds up quick, especially for those who didn't have a lot of money in the first place. *cough cough* most "essential" workers. 

Even those who got the $600 in unemployment, depending where you live that money may not stretch far. Sure, some were making more than there previous jobs but heaven forbid they have extra money during a time when people are dying. 

The fact is, "essential workers" got shafted, those who became unemployed got shafted too but not as hard since they got boosted benefits. Not everyone can afford to pay for the convenience. If they can't wear a mask, and can't afford to pay to use those services, then we have zero fucking right to judge them. Honest to god, we shouldnt be judging the people trying their hardest to make it through this with what little they were given. There are cancer patients delaying their treatments because they are afraid of getting this virus. We have bigger things to worry about than judging the people who legitimately (yes legitimately, i'm looking at you Karen) can't wear a mask.  

I didn't read it as he was judging them, just offering reasons and alternatives for those who can't wear a mask so they don't have to go out. Not everyone claiming to have asthma actually does.  so the whole thing is a balancing act between helping those who really need it and preventing the pricks from abusing the system.

When you consider the government hasn't been very helpful from the beginning in all this I don't think we can blame anyone for not being on the ball 100% anyway,  Our glorious government closed all non essential business,  except let parking inspectors keep working, coz you know ,parking fine revenue needs to keep coming in while people lose their jobs. With that kind of leadership it's easy to see why some people would think this a time to put ourselves first.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I didn't read it as he was judging them, just offering reasons and alternatives for those who can't wear a mask so they don't have to go out. Not everyone claiming to have asthma actually does.  so the whole thing is a balancing act between helping those who really need it and preventing the pricks from abusing the system.

When you consider the government hasn't been very helpful from the beginning in all this I don't think we can blame anyone for not being on the ball 100% anyway,  Our glorious government closed all non essential business,  except let parking inspectors keep working, coz you know ,parking fine revenue needs to keep coming in while people lose their jobs. With that kind of leadership it's easy to see why some people would think this a time to put ourselves first.

It definitely sounded like he was judging them. Although if I'm wrong in how I perceived that then I apologize.

I think that just shows the lack of leadership on all levels. For example, my city suspended all nonessential businesses, forced essential ones to minimum staffing requirements, increased police presence, while decreasing traffic stops and removing parking enforcement in most cases, and had a slow and restrictive reopening, meanwhile, the city next door just closed nonessential businesses and reopened way too soon, now their cases are skyrocketing, and ours are only going up become those people are traveling to our area. 

Well, I guess if anything this shows a lack of common sense and leadership. 

Do you even fanboy bro?

On 8/12/2020 at 6:23 AM, Donut417 said:

things like doordash, grubhub, ubereats.  Hell just regular Uber and Lyft, do not exist in my area.  We don't have anything like that.

Also, as for people who can't wear a mask.  I doubt a lot of people who say they can't breathe in one.  My mom had to have surgery when she was a kid and she has like, one good lung, and not even half of the other one, iirc.  She breathes just fine with her facemask on.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 minute ago, Liltrekkie said:

It definitely sounded like he was judging them. Although if I'm wrong in how I perceived that then I apologize.

I think that just shows the lack of leadership on all levels. For example, my city suspended all nonessential businesses, forced essential ones to minimum staffing requirements, increased police presence, while decreasing traffic stops and removing parking enforcement in most cases, and had a slow and restrictive reopening, meanwhile, the city next door just closed nonessential businesses and reopened way too soon, now their cases are skyrocketing, and ours are only going up become those people are traveling to our area. 

Well, I guess if anything this shows a lack of common sense and leadership. 

We are experiencing virtually the same thing,  except it was our government who ballsed up and now we are suffering high numbers and the every other state in our country has it under control. 

When there's a raging wildfire during a pandemic, complete with fire tornadoes:

Several mandatory evacuation orders, covering approximately 100 homes, were issued. An evacuation center was set up at Highland High School in Palmdale. Due to coronavirus restrictions, officials said evacuees will have to remain in their vehicles outside the school.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lake-fire-wildfire-explodes-north-of-los-angeles-prompting-evacuation-orders/

58 minutes ago, mr moose said:

We are experiencing virtually the same thing,  except it was our government who ballsed up and now we are suffering high numbers and the every other state in our country has it under control. 

The sad part is, most of the inept politicians will be revoted in.

Do you even fanboy bro?