COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
3 hours ago, Liltrekkie said:

That is assuming people have the extra money to use those services. You pay more for the convenience, that's a fact. An order from grubhub, doordash, postmates is going to be $30-50 more expensive for a family, and that goes for any delivery service like Shipt. That money adds up quick, especially for those who didn't have a lot of money in the first place. *cough cough* most "essential" workers. 

Poor people where using these services before. Many of todays younger population dont know how to cook. So they eat out every day regardless. Further more, you can go to almost any restaurant and get curb side pickup. So no extra charge there. Im fairly sure curb side at stores isn't going to be that expensive because they aint shipping it out and its not a 3rd party service doing it, at least at Walmart its not. Also there are things called Food Banks, I know the local one has been giving food away at the high school several times over the weeks. 

Even those who got the $600 in unemployment, depending where you live that money may not stretch far. Sure, some were making more than there previous jobs but heaven forbid they have extra money during a time when people are dying. 

Many of these people were in fact making more than working. Thats why they are all crying right now because the benefits ran out. To be honest for most people its OK to go back to work if you take proper precautions. 

he fact is, "essential workers" got shafted, those who became unemployed got shafted too but not as hard since they got boosted benefits. Not everyone can afford to pay for the convenience. If they can't wear a mask, and can't afford to pay to use those services, then we have zero fucking right to judge them. Honest to god, we shouldnt be judging the people trying their hardest to make it through this with what little they were given. There are cancer patients delaying their treatments because they are afraid of getting this virus. We have bigger things to worry about than judging the people who legitimately (yes legitimately, i'm looking at you Karen) can't wear a mask.  

The biggest take away here is Workers in general have the right to a safe working environment. Is actually Federal and State Law. So people who are not wearing masks are violating that law. Most of the people who claim they cant are just deniers or selfish people. Ive seen post of people who have COPD and such and say they still wear a mask. So the fact is most people can wear masks. Further more, the ones that cant, possibly have family members who can, and can do their shopping. For the first 3 months of this, I did all my mom's shopping. She could wear a mask but was scared shitless of this whole thing, Her and my dad are in the older age group. 

The issue is most people are not willing to make the sacrifice required to fight this. Its not like WW2 in the US, where the men went off to war and the women went in to the factories to support the war efforts and the country went on stick rationing to also support the efforts. No, we are a society of whiny and selfish people. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

We are experiencing virtually the same thing,  except it was our government who ballsed up and now we are suffering high numbers and the every other state in our country has it under control. 

I keep seeing other countries saying that Victoria is a case study for how to manage a second wave, and i hope the conclusion of that study is "what not to do". Everyday i watch the covid update conference and am convinced Dan Andrews has no idea what he's doing.

i get that the lockdowns are well intentioned, but have had the worst execution imaginable

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

13 hours ago, mr moose said:

We are experiencing virtually the same thing,  except it was our government who ballsed up and now we are suffering high numbers and the every other state in our country has it under control. 

I still can’t believe the anti lockdown protesters in Melbourne. To be fair I was really angry that it’s come back to NZ. All they had to do was test people and the staff at the border. The NZ ministry of health (and now the Cancer Agency, but that’s another story) is quite incompetent.

The reality is, in high density housing complexes, if it gets in, it’s almost inevitable for everyone to get it. Really do feel for the people in them, the news was saying they aren’t getting the support or goods they need.

So a guy on Facebook who posts about conspiracies generally. He posted an Article from CNN talking about the Pentagon starting an investigation on some UFO's spotted near military aircraft. So does that mean the Aliens are invading this year? I mean every thing else is happening this year. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

So a guy on Facebook who posts about conspiracies generally. He posted an Article from CNN talking about the Pentagon starting an investigation on some UFO's spotted near military aircraft. So does that mean the Aliens are invading this year? I mean every thing else is happening this year. 

Man the bar is low these days, even the NYT.

https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1286481327433355264

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Man the bar is low these days, even the NYT.

https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1286481327433355264

UFO could be anything. China or Russia farting around in our airspace. It could legit be ET's. Who knows. I guess if lasers start blowing stuff up, we will know. LOL. 

Fact of the matter is the US Air force has change the Roswell story too many times. Thats why people believe it was an extraterrestrial ship that crashed. 

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

UFO could be anything. China or Russia farting around in our airspace. It could legit be ET's. Who knows. I guess if lasers start blowing stuff up, we will know. LOL. 

Fact of the matter is the US Air force has change the Roswell story too many times. Thats why people believe it was an extraterrestrial ship that crashed. 

Yeah but the people behind the article are aliens people.

https://slate.com/technology/2020/07/ufo-news-not-aliens-this-time-either.html

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

14 hours ago, Arika S said:

I keep seeing other countries saying that Victoria is a case study for how to manage a second wave, and i hope the conclusion of that study is "what not to do". Everyday i watch the covid update conference and am convinced Dan Andrews has no idea what he's doing.

i get that the lockdowns are well intentioned, but have had the worst execution imaginable

Dan andrews is a puppet, the branch stacking evidence after the CFA debacle has confirmed that he is just a mouth piece for unions, not a politician for the people.  He is giving their party a really bad name.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Many politicians in many countries like to brag about the increase in bed capacities of many hospitals but little do people know that an increase in bed capacity without a proportional increase in medical staff (doctors, nurses, and lab techs) will result to shitty quality of care.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Now Newsom declared a State of Emergency  for CA because of the many fires popping up all over thanks to the excessive heat wave here. Resources and fire crews are stretched thin. Restaurant owners who had to move to outside dining thanks to Covid are having customers come during evening hours because it’s too hot. Couple days ago I felt an earthquake while half-asleep from Baja California and thought, is this the Big One? Bring it on, whatever 2020.

At least my city managed to get off the watchlist for Covid cases.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I hope everyone here is doing well, wearing their masks, and socially distancing right now. Keep yourselves safe.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Wearing a face mask but with the nose exposed is like wearing extra wide pants without a belt which exposes one's ass for everyone to see.

FB_IMG_1598002192506.jpg

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just thought I’d share some facts over the Russian ‘unsafe’ vaccine:

- The Russians tested two different vaccines in two different cohorts of 38 people.

- It was a phase I/II trial (n=18)(n=20)

- The vaccine was considered effective in these cohorts and a phase III trial is not underway. 
- Numerous counties have placed orders for the vaccine upon its approval.

- Phase II trials test for safety and tolerability. Adverse effects are the primary outcome. They proceed to phase III of considered safe. Dosage is evaluated in Phase I as the primary outcome. Phase III is much the same but a much larger cohort. 

On 8/21/2020 at 3:47 PM, RorzNZ said:

Just thought I’d share some facts over the Russian ‘unsafe’ vaccine:

- The Russians tested two different vaccines in two different cohorts of 38 people.

- It was a phase I/II trial (n=18)(n=20)

- The vaccine was considered effective in these cohorts and a phase III trial is not underway. 
- Numerous counties have placed orders for the vaccine upon its approval.

- Phase II trials test for safety and tolerability. Adverse effects are the primary outcome. They proceed to phase III of considered safe. Dosage is evaluated in Phase I as the primary outcome. Phase III is much the same but a much larger cohort. 

There's nothing like a global pandemic to bring to our attention just how much of the scientific and pharmaceutical processes people don't understand.  

Edited by wkdpaul
cleanup

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

KFC just paused the "Finger Lickin' Good" Slogan due to the pandemic

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

49 minutes ago, Henry_gamer said:

In my opinion, the whole pandemic is exaggerated.

Why do you think that way?

I don't know about you, but I'm not about to play Russian roulette with a virus that can have wildly varying effects, and may leave you with permanent damage even if you don't show any external symptoms.

The outcomes of the virus aren't split between "back to normal" and "dead." Even if you feel nothing, you might get heart scarring (similar to what you get from a heart attack) that could pose trouble down the road. You may have breathing and fatigue issues that last for months, if not for the rest of your life. Those issues could stem from permanent lung damage, and you might require a lung transplant.

And keep in mind: while older people are more likely to suffer serious effects from COVID-19, that doesn't mean younger people can pretend those effects won't hit them. There are many reports of young, fit people being laid low by the virus, to the point where they wheeze trying to cross the parking lot.

Let's also remember that the ratios of serious effects and deaths are much higher than for common viruses like the flu. In the US, about 0.00002% of people die from the flu each year; COVID-19's current US fatality ratio based solely on confirmed cases is 0.03%, and many more people need hospitalization. That may not sound like a lot, but it's the difference between "assume it won't happen to you" and "you have to be careful." To date, more people have died of COVID-19 in the US this year than from accidents in 2017, according to CDC data... that's pretty frightening.

*** Thread cleaned ***

Sorry if your good post was removed as collateral. There was too much going into personalities and recycling of old arguments.

Believe what you will, read and learn what you can. Trust who you want.

Most of the sources for that documentary linked page's ago were youtube and other videos. Talking about articles that may or may not have scientific merit. Hard to say as they didn't link to any of those. Doesn't really get me interested if they claim to be so scared about censorship that they can't link to original original source.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, TheNamelessOne said:

lol. If we go by your logic than I have to ask, how the hell did this race not go extinct? If  getting vaccinated was the way to improve our immune system this race would've gone extinct years ago.

Just like to point out this:

How did the human race not go extinct? 2 ways:

1. People had lots of babies. LOTS of babies. And most of them died before adulthood.

2. People died young - but not too young before they had kids.

For example:

In the year 1900, the average life expectancy in Canada (a wealthy and prosperous country even back then) was about 50 years old.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/dead-men-walking-under-19th-century-conditions-millions-of-canadians-would-already-be-dead#:~:text=How We Die Now%3A In,50 years old | National Post

It is now 82.25 (around a 60% increase)

In 1851, the average fertility rate was about 6.56.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11-630-x/11-630-x2014002-eng.htm

It is now between 1.5 and 2.

In 1900, the average infant mortality rate was 187 deaths per 1000 live births.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1042590/canada-all-time-infant-mortality-rate/#:~:text=The infant mortality rate in,per thousand births in 1900.

In 2020, it was 5 out of 1000 (a drop of 97 percent).

This study shows that around one quarter of infants died in their first year of life, and around half of all children died before they reached the end of puberty. This started to change after the turn of the 20th Century where modern medical science, including vaccinations, became much more wide spread.

https://ourworldindata.org/child-mortality-in-the-past

The point being, humans survived due to brute force, and people died in droves to sustain that growth.

Now, people die significantly less frequently - particularly in wealthy countries with access to high quality healthcare.

If you want to advocate that we return to the natural way of things, that's fine. So long as you realize you're advocating for the death of significant portions of our population due to easily preventable diseases. And as long as you realize that most people will simply never share your point of view, because most people don't want literally half of their children to die before reaching high school.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The UK government are now debating on whether masks should be worn in schools. 

Has Boris ever visted a proper British secondary school before? Even the teachers have a hard time getting through to teenagers so I doubt anything Boris says will work xD...

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, 3 Lions said:

The UK government are now debating on whether masks should be worn in schools. 

Has Boris ever visted a proper British secondary school before? Even the teachers have a hard time getting through to teenagers so I doubt anything Boris says will work xD...

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard... all kids old enough to put on a mask themselves and take basic care of it should be required to wear a mask at school. Kids aren't immune to the virus; and even if they're fine, the rest of their family might not be.

2 minutes ago, Commodus said:

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard

Oh it is, trust me I've been there and worn the t-shirt. Especially in secondary schools teenagers will be teenagers, like I said before even the teachers sometimes struggle to get through to people. These Educating documentaries show exactly the sort of things that happen in British secondary schools, it's like being at a circus most of the time and the strangest things will happen.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I thought people were panic buying again at the store. But I forgot school just started and since virtually every school district here has their kids learning remotely...more food needing to be stocked up.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X