This is the PC killer (Haha JK) - The Xbox Scarlett

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I think it's more of a Zen2+Navi SoC + new SSD marketing, or at least some form of it.

I'll have to rewatch, but I distinctly heard him say "solid state drive and ssd"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

57 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

it'll be possible of running games at 120Hz frame rates, with 8K resolutions hit, plus ray-tracing

But the date isn't April 1st.....

Not directly related but I must spread the message. On xbox game pass for pc (or ultimate) you can now play metro exodus. You need the xbox beta app. latest microsoft store app seems to work too

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

54 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

It was what Microsoft said at E3

They didn't say that's what games will run at. They were talking about bandwidth.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

55 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I really liked the one guy saying "The combination of the solid state drive and the SSD is a real game changer" (or something to that effect).

those are the same thing you moron.

One SSD acts as a cache for the other SSD via StoreMI, enhancing the SSD speed so you can SSD while you SSD.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, SlimyPython said:

They also said 1080p 60 when they launched the xbone, we all know how that turned out

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, melete said:

Surprised we didn't get much info about their streaming service. I expected to hear a lot of details about that.

We'll probably going to get more detail as AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su will be doing a keynote tomorrow at E3.

https://www.amd.com/en/events/e3

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

41 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

We'll probably going to get more detail as AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su will be doing a keynote tomorrow at E3.

https://www.amd.com/en/events/e3

Might get it then. Microsoft also had it on the floor apparently, Jeff Gerstmann of Giant Bomb was playing some Gears of War on "an android phone bolted to a controller" after the presser.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

So what are they going to call it?

Xbox 2?

Xbox 4?

Obviously, there is only one proper choice:
Xbox

That is all. Just, Xbox. Because Microsoft is great at naming shit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

One SSD acts as a cache for the other SSD via StoreMI, enhancing the SSD speed so you can SSD while you SSD.

Not sure if sarcastic or serious.

Currently watching the Bethesda E3 showcase, just waiting for DOOM because there is literally nothing else they could talk about that I would possibly fucking care about.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The next Xbox is coming in 18 months featuring Zen 2 cores and Navi GPUs. In 18 months who knows what will come out...

3 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

I mean it can... depends the game and settings is all, recall people have an obsession with max/ultra settings when talking if a card is capable or not of said display settings which is erroneous most of the time.

4 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

without serious sacrifices to graphics quality

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Not sure if sarcastic or serious.

Technically, what Crunchy said can work. It's just a really weird scenario...

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

without serious sacrifices to graphics quality 

Spoiler

I mean seriously 4k is still by no means what should be aimed, 1440p is just as good in my humble opinion and performs a lot better.

But that does not mean 4k is unplayable from becoming so ugly or anything simply by doing gentle tuning of your settings, and that's without mentioning how 4k alone can revive a lot of older games which runs maxed fine.

I sincerely believe all of this is exaggerated. 

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I really liked the one guy saying "The combination of the solid state drive and the SSD is a real game changer" (or something to that effect).

I noticed it and this basically sums up the conference. Besides the trailers, it was mostly a ton of buzzwords and marketing shit like "4 times more powerful than Xbox One X" without any actual facts. I personally watched the whole conference at 1.5 speed on average.

5 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yes, I know, but even high end PCs struggle to consistently get 120FPS at 4K, so I doubt that it will be able to do that. It's probably upscaled 4K or something.

Keep in mine consoles don’t run games with every setting maxed out, like the PC people trying to run 4K 120Hz.

Sounds great. Too bad they're still not gonna sell any consoles without meaningful exclusives. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

6 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

what about the guy who talked up 120FPS like it's some new thing

when PC gamers have been playing games at higher frame rates for actual decades

Yeah first time watching I thought it was SSD and SSD.
But s'not. SOC and solid state drive.
The captions confirm it, not that they couldn't be edited after the fact. But the guy is clearly saying SOC.

Damn, no memes. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

2 hours ago, PC Budget Solutions said:

The next Xbox is coming in 18 months featuring Zen 2 cores and Navi GPUs. In 18 months who knows what will come out...

This is exactly what I thought, any one saying it cant do what they claimed need to remember that in 18 months it might not even be all that special to be able to run 8k or 4k at 120hz. The real question will be how many people will even be in a position to use that to its potential anyways

When will people learn you can't compare consoles to PC's directly. Consoles have 1 hardware configuration. PC's have millions of them. It's also why iPhones perform so well. Sure, they have great chipset, but the main reason is that iOS is so tightly controlled and basically comes with very few hardware configurations, meaning you can really squeeze every drop of power from it when you need it and the way you need it since you know it'll behave this way on every single device. Consoles are like that. Sure, they have some limitations, but they can specifically optimize games for things you're just not allowed to on PC. And even on PC performance leaps were huge in recent years. Back in the day, when new game came out, you really needed latest and greatest graphic card to have alright experience with it. These days you can have a year or two old mid range card and it'll run latest game really well. Just look how long RX480 has really been around with tiny bumps in performance. with RX580 and RX590 iterations If you bought RX480 back when it came out and you can still pretty comfortably play games with it. Even new ones.

Or if you just look how much weaker consoles were spec wise and they could run same games just fine for the most part. Their main struggle were slow HDD's and some RAM limitations. But they covered even that just fine. With Ryzen and Navi combo, I can see why it can have a huge leap this time around and be less dependent on raw power.

9 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yes, I know, but even high end PCs struggle to consistently get 120FPS at 4K, so I doubt that it will be able to do that. It's probably upscaled 4K or something.

Consistently? How about at all. Even a 2080ti paired with a 9700K (considered the best gaming CPU available) cannot push 120FPS at 4K in anything released less than a year ago. And ray tracing on top of that....

tenor.gif

Microsoft are talking out of their collective asses

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

Every console announcement, every generation, never actually achieved what they claim. Ain't going to start today.

They should just stop throwing numbers for the sake of fooling dumb kids who buy into the marketing and just make sure they can give a good/great experience at 1080p with a constant, sustained, no drops, 60fps.

That would be a great start.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I wouldn't be surprised if this new console was very much on par with some of the high end gaming desktops out there. Microsoft did say in the video "Up to 120 FPS" meaning it won't always achieve that. Probably looking at 60 vast majority of the time though.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15