This is the PC killer (Haha JK) - The Xbox Scarlett

A new Xbox has been announced

It rocks with Zen 2 and Navi able to do 4K 120FPS? (also 8K 60/30 it didnt specify)and Has an SSD now. It would be able to trace the rays as well and will come with Halo aswell

The quote of quotes

Spoiler

With Zen 2 and Navi technology powering the Project Scarlett processor, making it 4x more powerful than the Xbox One X, it'll be possible of running games at 120Hz frame rates, with 8K resolutions hit, plus ray-tracing. It's the works.

An SSD will come as standard, as with the PS5, with Project xCloud streaming part of the equation too.

Halo Infinite will be a launch title, bringing back the Master Chief

Expect to see the Xbox Project Scarlett console launch in the "holiday" window of 2020. We'll have more soon.

TekRada

Honestly, Ok, its a new xbox and Of course its going to be better than ever. Hey I may buy it when I can

✨FNIGE✨

the new xbox will be a good console i hope.

but what will be the compromise to achieve the performance quoted.

4k in minesweeper maybe

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

Don't you know, they're talking about the dashboard.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I really wonder what they are going to call it. If its that powerful, it would mean a generational leap and probably would get its own name scheme.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, SlimyPython said:

It was what Microsoft said at E3

Yes, I know, but even high end PCs struggle to consistently get 120FPS at 4K, so I doubt that it will be able to do that. It's probably upscaled 4K or something.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I really liked the one guy saying "The combination of the solid state drive and the SSD is a real game changer" (or something to that effect).

those are the same thing you moron.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Surprised we didn't get much info about their streaming service. I expected to hear a lot of details about that.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

Though, they never said 4K 120 FPS. Which is interesting. That kind of marketing is to come soon.

And I like how they are, "framerates never seen before". You sure?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Sounds good to me. A solid upgrade. No it’s not going to be more powerful than a $2500 gaming PC, but it should be a massive improvement over current consoles. 

I have the One S. I skipped the X, since I couldn’t justify the cost increase. I may well pick up this new one in 2020. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I really liked the one guy saying "The combination of the solid state drive and the SSD is a real game changer" (or something to that effect).

those are the same thing you moron.

I think he says combination of SoC and the solid state drive

It's using a Navi GPU and has hardware accelerated ray tracing.. I wonder if that means we're getting AMD's take on RTX much sooner than expected?

Either way, Microsoft and Sony are both going to have ray tracing, so it's finally going mainstream!

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

I really wonder what they are going to call it. If its that powerful, it would mean a generational leap and probably would get its own name scheme.

Hopefully something like Xbox Zero.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

When not even a 1080ti can do 4K 120fps, without serious sacrifices to graphics quality...yeah people can keep on dreaming, but the next generation of consles will still be far away from that wish. Even with chequerboard rendering.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

not off onboard hardware, but very easily done using game streaming, just have to have 100mpbs connection with -100% packet loss.

Wow. Definitely didn't see that coming. They basically said everything Sony said like a month ago, so...pretty boring.

What will be interesting is the SSD. Will it be PCIE 4.0 speeds? The prices for them will likely be through the roof, so surely they will have to go for lesser speeds than that.

And as for Ray Tracing, I'm very confused. AMD seem to have suggested recently that Ray Tracing isn't on Navi, and that Vega will continue to be present for non-gamers. And how would it make any sense to have Navi RX 5700 with Ray Tracing, when the flagship Radeon VII doesn't really have it. If they don't give Radeon VII some form of Ray Tracing in games and give Navi the capability, then I'm going to lose my marbles. Vega is stronger than Pascal at that kind of thing. Pascal can do it (Albeit badly, but still). Vega should be given it too. And we had AMD saying that they would only bring Ray Tracing out when the whole product stack from top to bottom was capable.

I hope AMD clear this confusion up at E3 because I still have no clue what AMD is doing when it comes to Ray Tracing at the moment.

19 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

It wasn't.

They said 120fps, not 4K...

23 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

Honestly, Ok, its a new xbox and Of course its going to be better than ever. Hey I may buy it when I can

There wasn't really much Information about it at all, on the Contrary.

All they sad was "GDDR6", Navi and Zen2. Nothing was really specified.

And then they threw the "100 times better than last gen" shit around...

I'd rather wait and see...

Specs might look awesome now but remember, its more than a year until Launch!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

23 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

On what? The Orange Box repack 2.5?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

14 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

When not even a 1080ti can do 4K 120fps

I mean it can... depends the game and settings is all, recall people have an obsession with max/ultra settings when talking if a card is capable or not of said display settings which is erroneous most of the time.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

18 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I think he says combination of SoC and the solid state drive

System On a Chip?

I think that's a bit late of a thing to be harping on.

I think it's more likely that he's a know-nothing person grabbed by marketing and made to say a line that makes no sense, written by some fuckwit in the marketing division.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

System On a Chip?

I think that's a bit late of a thing to be harping on.

I think it's more likely that he's a know-nothing person grabbed by marketing and made to say a line that makes no sense, written by some fuckwit in the marketing division.

I think it's more of a Zen2+Navi SoC + new SSD marketing, or at least some form of it.

11 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Wow. Definitely didn't see that coming. They basically said everything Sony said like a month ago, so...pretty boring.

What will be interesting is the SSD. Will it be PCIE 4.0 speeds? The prices for them will likely be through the roof, so surely they will have to go for lesser speeds than that.

And as for Ray Tracing, I'm very confused. AMD seem to have suggested recently that Ray Tracing isn't on Navi, and that Vega will continue to be present for non-gamers. And how would it make any sense to have Navi RX 5700 with Ray Tracing, when the flagship Radeon VII doesn't really have it. If they don't give Radeon VII some form of Ray Tracing in games and give Navi the capability, then I'm going to lose my marbles. Vega is stronger than Pascal at that kind of thing. Pascal can do it (Albeit badly, but still). Vega should be given it too. And we had AMD saying that they would only bring Ray Tracing out when the whole product stack from top to bottom was capable.

I hope AMD clear this confusion up at E3 because I still have no clue what AMD is doing when it comes to Ray Tracing at the moment.

It might be a small Navi vs big Navi difference or it can be a custom design for consoles