Honda getting their "Urban EV" ready for production

cluelessgenius

so im not sure if this is news or even if it is im snot sure you guys wanna hear about cars but since its eletric i thought i give it a shot since i really wanna talk about this.

honda is getting their urban ev ready for production. 

the verge is reporting it here 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/27/18243026/honda-urban-ev-prototype-geneva-motor-show-2019

and fully charged did a video with tour around the car and a talk to the designers here 

Spoiler

its gonna do about 200km  on a charge according to honda website and is meant for city use more so than anything else. apparently the design as seen here 95% finished like you will be able to buy it.

sales are supposed to start this year.

now me personally i have mixed feeling. it is still a great litlle car full of technology that would make any much bigger car company blush. for example they gonna have cameras for rear view mirrors and be second ones to do it after the much much more expensive audi e-tron.

but i just doesnt have the same energy as the concept had

Spoiler

20180306043648_luc_4845.jpgTELEMMGLPICT000189662214_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9kJt1M3wru5BS5vT2ggDsI7ZLdgpvYml0F5_ohgSwKM.jpeg?imwidth=450&key=167c4191438a4e1b0de6032210600e71084a1f0f4f0e451d1fb98348a326702a

the concept on the left had harsher corners and looked more sporty i so hope they gonna at least try something like a type R later

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

It looks terrified.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It's like a terrified Mini.

well yeah kinda.. and i find it such a shame since i really like the concept. it looked much borader and wider. lower and at least to me more like a bulldog whilst the finished version looks very similiar to the skoda fabia 

Spoiler

$_20.jpg

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Why do these hybrid/electro cars look like shit! I would not even sit in this car. It's so ugly! They are supposed to be prety so that everyone buys them and earth becomes greener, but it looks like they intentianly make them ugly so that they sell more gasoline cars.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

26 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

Why do these hybrid/electro cars look like shit! I would not even sit in this car. It's so ugly! They are supposed to be prety so that everyone buys them and earth becomes greener, but it looks like they intentianly make them ugly so that they sell more gasoline cars.

>Putting looks above everything else.

Rare ones are out today on LTT.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

30 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

Honda had a hybrid Civic for years. (Might still do.) It never sold in any numbers. If it doesn't look Outsider, it doesn't fit the Appeal to Vanity enough of the buyers of these cars need to go through with a purchase. The issue is that it isn't a majority of the buyers, but it is enough of them to force companies to design this way.

The end result is that the Fleet Purchasers end up driving stupid looking cars.

Most electric cards do tend to look awful and farfetched (too much futuristic or something) though.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I prefer the concept, looked more like the OG Civic

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

59 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

At least they didn't steel the styling from the Prius.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

couldn't they just take the civic and replace the motor?

Why do they always have to make EV look like crap?!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

>Putting looks above everything else.

Rare ones are out today on LTT.

Not only looks. In my country people drive very dangerously. About 700-800 people are killed in road accidents and only in 2018 year 9 month period 6757 were injured. Georgias population is only 3.7 milion. This is like a jungle, strongest survives. If someone hits you in this car you have much more chance to die then for example in mercedes C classes. Japanese cars fold like paper in car accidents.

those that do backups

16 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

Not only looks. In my country people drive very dangerously. About 700-800 people are killed in road accidents and only in 2018 year 9 month period 6757 were injured. Georgias population is only 3.7 milion. This is like a jungle, strongest survives. If someone hits you in this car you have much more chance to die then for example in mercedes C classes. Japanese cars fold like paper in car accidents.

well sure id imagine with e-cars depending on light weight to get more range its only becomes worse.

so instead of teaching people to actually drive and be decent members of society lets just all drive tanks so we can continue being road dirtbags /s

42 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

Folding is beneficial to survival in an accident. That's not a bad thing. Japanese cars tend to have excellent crash survivability. If they happen to be ancient Japanese cars then that's another competely unrelated story.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

34 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

well sure id imagine with e-cars depending on light weight to get more range its only becomes worse.

so instead of teaching people to actually drive and be decent members of society lets just all drive tanks so we can continue being road dirtbags /s

You do not know what is going on here. There is a fine if you cross the street where it's prohibited BUT if you do this in front of a police car they won't stop you! They do not care! If you speak on phone while driving there is fine for it too, but still you CAN talk on phone while driving and if policeman sees you they won't care! They do not give a shit about us! 2 Weeks ago one 17 year old girl who does not even have driving licence ran into public road near lake and killed 1.5 year old little girl. They gave her JUST 3 year sentence. But this week there was a leak about one politicians private life video and 17 teenagers are arrested because they saw this video and did not report it in police. They are facing 4-8 years in prison because they JUST saw the video. Sadly in Georgia after 2012 year came russian people in government russian billionaire bidzina ivanishvili and they do everything to destroy our country. It's 7 years already everything is stopped here. No more development. Our currency which was 1.7 with USD now is at 2.73 with USD. They took previous presidents (Mikheil saakashvili) citizenship and 7 years already they blame him, but in reality they do not even make anything good for us.

This is real Georgia! Not what it looks like from USA or from other countries. Here average salay is 400-600 GEL about 150$-225$ Veterans are payed 67$ and after 65 year peoples pansion is 65$!

those that do backups

31 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

You do not know what is going on here. There is a fine if you cross the street where it's prohibited BUT if you do this in front of a police car they won't stop you! They do not care! If you speak on phone while driving there is fine for it too, but still you CAN talk on phone while driving and if policeman sees you they won't care! They do not give a shit about us! 2 Weeks ago one 17 year old girl who does not even have driving licence ran into public road near lake and killed 1.5 year old little girl. They gave her JUST 3 year sentence. But this week there was a leak about one politicians private life video and 17 teenagers are arrested because they saw this video and did not report it in police. They are facing 4-8 years in prison because they JUST saw the video. Sadly in Georgia after 2012 year came russian people in government russian billionaire bidzina ivanishvili and they do everything to destroy our country. It's 7 years already everything is stopped here. No more development. Our currency which was 1.7 with USD now is at 2.73 with USD. They took previous presidents (Mikheil saakashvili) citizenship and 7 years already they blame him, but in reality they do not even make anything good for us.

This is real Georgia! Not what it looks like from USA or from other countries. Here average salay is 400-600 GEL about 150$-225$ Veterans are payed 67$ and after 65 year peoples pansion is 65$!

im not sure how to repsond to that......im sorry?! that sucks......buuuut this was kinda about cars?

but seriously thats horrible.

cameras for side view mirrors?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yes im not sol yet either but apparently mirrors are mirrors but with cameras since the image is digital they program it so the behind you doesnt blind you and stuff like that but i also imagine theyll use them for some sort of driving assistance

I personally like how it looks. I do like the concept more than how it turned out, but still, I like it.

I might be in the minority tho.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

25 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I was just gonna say "uh excuse me sir"

4 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:
  Hide contents

20180306043648_luc_4845.jpgTELEMMGLPICT000189662214_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9kJt1M3wru5BS5vT2ggDsI7ZLdgpvYml0F5_ohgSwKM.jpeg?imwidth=450&key=167c4191438a4e1b0de6032210600e71084a1f0f4f0e451d1fb98348a326702a

the concept on the left had harsher corners and looked more sporty i so hope they gonna at least try something like a type R later

They turned the edgy sport look into a curved cute look. Because people like "cute" cars. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

They turned the edgy sport look into a curved cute look. Because people like "cute" cars. 

well their reasoning was that its not a sports car but a city car and so they went with 4 doors instead of 2 because that makes the front door more narrow and easier to get in and out of in thight parking spaces. i just really hope theres gonna be some type R version thats a bit more aggressive and colser to the concept

For those who wish Honda would make something sportier, they do have a Sports EV Concept.  Not sure if or when it'll go into production, but I'm hoping it does.  You don't see too many EV coupes that are relatively accessible.

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

i just really hope theres gonna be some type R version thats a bit more aggressive and colser to the concept

Type E for electric? ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Type E for electric? ;) 

nice thought :D but might cause confusion with jaguar E-type

3 minutes ago, Commodus said:

For those who wish Honda would make something sportier, they do have a Sports EV Concept.  Not sure if or when it'll go into production, but I'm hoping it does.  You don't see too many EV coupes that are relatively accessible.

yeah i really dont care for the design though. first it looks like a tight fit and then recently theres been enough coupe out with that long nose style. mazda mx5, totyota supra, bmw z4, idk im just not into it anymore. those 2 designs side by side i liked the urban way better

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

well their reasoning was that its not a sports car but a city car and so they went with 4 doors instead of 2 because that makes the front door more narrow and easier to get in and out of in thight parking spaces. i just really hope theres gonna be some type R version thats a bit more aggressive and colser to the concept

Thing is, the concept looks identical to the old mk2 golfs, and they came 4door. Poor excuse imo and they've fucked it leaving the nice angular lines in favour of the bulbus nissan micra look.

Image result for old 4 door golf gti white

Image result for nissan micra

3 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Oh god i hope they changed that design. Looks ugly as sin ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530