Open Letter to Linus Media Group

coolfreak

• get serious advice/training for running a business 

Linus isn't doing that bad actually, you would be amazed how bad others are, remember in front of screen=/=behind the scene.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

It's just banters between friends... Best friends tend to do that, poking fun at each other like that. It might seems "racist" to others, but they really don't mean it that way. You can see it on their faces that they don't mean any of it in a bad way.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

OP: "Stop being so racist!"

OP: "You shouldn't have hired someone who can't speak English!"

wut

again, you are making assumptions based on a few seconds of video posted on youtube

you have no idea how many dozens of hours these guys have spent together as friends

I see you didn't read my post. I'm not speculating what happens when cameras aren't rolling. I'm just saying that they should think more how they want to show their professional relationship while on cam. Though vlogs are meant as casual, they can be seen as truth (which started this thread) as people don't see the whole picture. Get my drift? 

Surprised that mods haven't swooped in on this convo yet...

Mod reply on first page. They are monitoring this but I've yet to see anything that would result a lock.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

lookie here peeps, we do invite constructive criticism, but can not tolerate the

community to name-call any of the members participating in the discussion.

if someone is does not favor something, we encourage letting the staff know

and to see if a solution is available. but because someone said something you

do not agree with doesn't warrant calling them names or demean their train

of thought or opinion.

yes, we are monitoring topics of this caliber to keep the peace.

I think they're all friends, and it's just friendly banter

To quote lmg website 

"Several team members had experience working with him at school"

-Dennis Liao's Profile

if they were actually racist they wouldnt be fuckin smiling when they talk together.

:|

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

It's just banter m8. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

lol telling them they need to put a disclaimer.

so if it wasnt funny can i sue for fraud? can u sue in canada? i would take maple syrup as payment.

Im offended that you're offended.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

No matter what you say these days or how you say it, you:

1. Are a racist
2. Offended someone/hurt their feelings
3. Are a bigot
4. Are ignorant and/or rude

5. Are a homophobe

6. All of the above.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

Open Letter to Linus Media Group;

Howdy, 

Sometimes viewers don't know what to think of what they see. Is that acting? is that real? Is it both? So am not sure what is going on over at Linus Media Group, their Mission statement. Their not much of a company, 

So am rather bothered by the hints of racism that's getting laughs lately.

If that's really how it is and feel sorry for Dennis for being dragged into this company's messy startup. What i do believe is real on the show, is his face expression and the looks nicks give back at him for annoyance.

Picking up the pieces of whats wrong your company, for examining. I don't think it was wise to hire someone who's English isn't their first language. Doing so you have proven you don't really have a framework for integrating new hires from the places they come from.

Two things you are not capable of doing, have a policy for abuse in the workplace and have a policy for workplace support and training for living in your country for new hires that are from overseas.

Nothing against Dennis, feel sorry for him for what is probably his first time in Canada, from Taiwan. Only to experience the slight hand of clever racism/abuse.

on the border line of English;

For our Asian chums or anyone who's ear cannot understand much English. They know and we know all too well that when we both speak English to each other, what was understood is poor. We misinterpret what they say and vise versa. You must work to bridge the cap but this is often too hard and takes a long time to accomplish.

things that could be achieve:

• if Dennis's current working visa status renews and he see's a future there in Canada. He needs citizenship obviously, but also can start now with becoming a Canadian and learn English.
  • start more alternative means of cash flow
  • get serious advice/training for running a business 

And what this gets you is employees who become resentful and authoritarian and frustrated by the lack of English that is spoken, clearly you have to a plan for his involvement, why did him hire otherwise? Only to get a hint of racism in your workplace. You created all of this Linus, for the well being of your employees. Sort it out, for god's sake man. 

Grow your business into something more than just a ad money machine. Like start a PC shop, something. Or you won't be around in 5 years.

Sorry mate but apparently Nick V and Dennis are friends from school, so you're just being offended on someone else's behalf.

And I'm sure his company will be just fine in 5 years, five years is a long time to branch out into new territories of online video and he's got a staff of skilled editors and camera men that could do well with any endeavour. 

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Im offended by Linus wearing socks with sandals and Nick or whoever it was in the nerf fight video not shooting Linus' wife when he had her dead to rights and by Slick not going by Slick anymore and by the one american they have on staff sucking at shooting things and by no fire pole and by teran in general and finally I have offended myself with my own post.  

52469382.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm sure LMG management knows.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

-snip-

P.S Dennis is love

Dennis is lyf

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Great, another overly sensitive *insert potentially unkind word here* like the rest of the people on the internet nowadays.

True that. It seems like everything is called racist nowadays, and it's getting really annoying.

I'm Korean, jokes about being Asian aren't new to me, nor do I find most of them offensive. My friends mess around with me sometimes, and I even joke that I'm Kim Jong Un on occasion. And it's the same with Dennis. He has good friends who care about him and also joke around a lot with him. Taran was subject to it as well and still is, as is Nick Van Berkel. Talking on the front of racism, I'm surprised OP wouldn't even bother mentioning "Nicky V" and the joke about all New Yorkers being Italian and having that sort of accent. That's also a joke, and as a New Yorker, a funny one at that.

I personally love the humor and don't believe that Dennis is being prejudiced against. It's just normal relationships as friends, and nothing more. People now seem to try to find the malice in even a friendship.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I can't take any open letter seriously when it starts with the word "Howdy".

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Banter = racism now

ah i see, thanks tumblr now we all turned into political correct sissies who get offended by the slightest sight of a joke.

Unfortunately, BC workplace laws don't care.  If they were audited they would be screwed, bigtime.  Especially since they're not "acting" in the vlogs.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Start a PC shop? Linus still works at NCIX. He doesnt want to ruin the business that got him a job, a life, a company, fame and a Lambo.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I would like to hope that @LinusTech wouldnt let his employees just bully Dennis without Dennis knowing that they are joking.