Open Letter to Linus Media Group

coolfreak

Open Letter to Linus Media Group;

Howdy, 

Sometimes viewers don't know what to think of what they see. Is that acting? is that real? Is it both? So am not sure what is going on over at Linus Media Group, their Mission statement. Their not much of a company, 

So am rather bothered by the hints of racism that's getting laughs lately.

If that's really how it is and feel sorry for Dennis for being dragged into this company's messy startup. What i do believe is real on the show, is his face expression and the looks nicks give back at him for annoyance.

Picking up the pieces of whats wrong your company, for examining. I don't think it was wise to hire someone who's English isn't their first language. Doing so you have proven you don't really have a framework for integrating new hires from the places they come from.

Two things you are not capable of doing, have a policy for abuse in the workplace and have a policy for workplace support and training for living in your country for new hires that are from overseas.

Nothing against Dennis, feel sorry for him for what is probably his first time in Canada, from Taiwan. Only to experience the slight hand of clever racism/abuse.

on the border line of English;

For our Asian chums or anyone who's ear cannot understand much English. They know and we know all too well that when we both speak English to each other, what was understood is poor. We misinterpret what they say and vise versa. You must work to bridge the cap but this is often too hard and takes a long time to accomplish.

things that could be achieve:

• if Dennis's current working visa status renews and he see's a future there in Canada. He needs citizenship obviously, but also can start now with becoming a Canadian and learn English.
  • start more alternative means of cash flow
  • get serious advice/training for running a business 

And what this gets you is employees who become resentful and authoritarian and frustrated by the lack of English that is spoken, clearly you have to a plan for his involvement, why did him hire otherwise? Only to get a hint of racism in your workplace. You created all of this Linus, for the well being of your employees. Sort it out, for god's sake man. 

Grow your business into something more than just a ad money machine. Like start a PC shop, something. Or you won't be around in 5 years.

the thing is that we dont know if they are being harsh on him only on camera or if that happens all the time, if seems like a normal enough guy to not lose his shit on it but you cant tell what he his opinion is on it. Dennis vlogs would be awesome though, they should do that

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

''being dragged into this company's messy startup."

U WOTM8 ?  do yiu even know what you are talking about ?

also. you don't call an open letter if its full of hate and missunderstanding.   also. if you don't provide any proof. well think about what I do of your facts.

where will you be in 5 years ?

do you even know how much money they make ?

do you think they would have lasted 8 years with no ways of making money ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Plus, if english isn't needed for whatever dennis does, why bother? Linus can do what he wants honestly. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It's all fine what's with the "Everything must be politically correct" bullshit?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

I'd like to believe @LinusTech and the rest of LMG wouldn't be making fun of someone if they weren't okay with it. There's nothing wrong with laughing at/friendly joking.

/making fun of isn't the right choice of words, but friends screw with each other all the time. LMG used to have fun with Terran, and now it's split between Terran and Dennis. And that's just the most obvious cases, Nick/everyone picks on him for looking italian (hence the NickyV shit). They (even one of the companies, I don't remember which) make fun of Linus for wearing Sandals with socks...

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

snip

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Open Letter to Linus Media Group;

Howdy, 

Sometimes viewers don't know what to think of what they see. Is that acting? is that real? Is it both? So am not sure what is going on over at Linus Media Group, their Mission statement. Their not much of a company, 

So am rather bothered by the hints of racism that's getting laughs lately.

If that's really how it is and feel sorry for Dennis for being dragged into this company's messy startup. What i do believe is real on the show, is his face expression and the looks nicks give back at him for annoyance.

Picking up the pieces of whats wrong your company, for examining. I don't think it was wise to hire someone who's English isn't their first language. Doing so you have proven you don't really have a framework for integrating new hires from the places they come from.

Two things you are not capable of doing, have a policy for abuse in the workplace and have a policy for workplace support and training for living in your country for new hires that are from overseas.

Nothing against Dennis, feel sorry for him for what is probably his first time in Canada, from Taiwan. Only to experience the slight hand of clever racism/abuse.

on the border line of English;

For our Asian chums or anyone who's ear cannot understand much English. They know and we know all too well that when we both speak English to each other, what was understood is poor. We misinterpret what they say and vise versa. You must work to bridge the cap but this is often too hard and takes a long time to accomplish.

things that could be achieve:

• if Dennis's current working visa status renews and he see's a future there in Canada. He needs citizenship obviously, but also can start now with becoming a Canadian and learn English.
  • start more alternative means of cash flow
  • get serious advice/training for running a business 
And what this gets you is employees who become resentful and authoritarian and frustrated by the lack of English that is spoken, clearly you have to a plan for his involvement, why did him hire otherwise? Only to get a hint of racism in your workplace. You created all of this Linus, for the well being of your employees. Sort it out, for god's sake man. 

Grow your business into something more than just a ad money machine. Like start a PC shop, something. Or you won't be around in 5 years.

They're all friends, yo

I'm pretty sure you're interpreting banter for racism here

dennis' bio from lmg's website :

Dennis Liao | Editor

His original placeholder bio said "A guy we knew from school. Sometimes he knows how to make videos." but Linus is re-writing it now, so here goes:

Dennis joined our team after receiving a very strong recommendation for his hard work and skill at both shooting and editing videos under tight deadlines. Several team members had experience working with him at school so I went ahead with the hire after a single interview, which.. crud.. I just basically wrote the same thing..

:P

P.S Dennis is love

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Aren't you making a non-issue into something that it's not?

Really, quirky remarks and light-hearted jokes bother you? People have been making jokes of their differences since the dawn of time; and this somehow bothers you? 

I really don't understand why get so fired up about this.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

They're all friends, yo

I'm pretty sure you're interpreting banter for racism here

dennis' bio from lmg's website :

:P

P.S Dennis is love

God the NVB logo in the end made me break my desk...

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

This is not the attitude you should have about these threads.

eh. true.

Not hiring someone because theycome from another country is xenophobic. Please remember that he has just as much of a right to work there as the others that currnetly work there.

Also, it is none of our business about the racist comments. If it's a problem, then Linus should sort it out himself. All we can do is show our dislike for them, we needn't be bothered if it's nothing to do with us.

I don't think it was wise to hire someone who's English isn't their first language. Doing so you have proven you don't really have a framework for integrating new hires from the places they come from.

so by that logic no one would go overseas to study or get a job, there's around 100+ language in India, and none of them know all, does that mean people can't employe them just because there's mother tongue isn't the local language ?

you dont have to know proper english to do a job you're suppose to do, in Dennis's case it's Editing. doesn't matter what his first Language is as long as he does job well. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Dennis got hired as an editor, not just so that they have someone to be racist against.

When I look at the moving vlogs I see a bunch of friends having fun and making jokes. I think you are taking things too seriously.