Open Letter to Linus Media Group

coolfreak

blah blah blah

Grow your business into something more than just a ad money machine. Like start a PC shop, something. Or you won't be around in 5 years.

This, i agree

if it aint broke, fix it till it is

This should probably be the LMG slogan, with what Linus has been doing to their hardware so far :P

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Just saying didn't Dennis get Nick a shirt that had Asian characters that translated to "white people can't read this" pretty sure he's not being offended by it if joined in himself.

Just saying didn't Dennis get Nick a shirt that had Asian characters that translated to "white people can't read this" pretty sure he's not being offended by it if joined in himself.

exactly it's all just friendly fun, I watched some vids on Berkels channel from 2-3 years ago and made me realise that nick Denis and taren have went to college together and actually made vids together before lmg so obviously they friends and don't hate each other or they wouldn't have came to lmg knowing that one of them worked there
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

the thing is that we dont know if they are being harsh on him only on camera or if that happens all the time, if seems like a normal enough guy to not lose his shit on it but you cant tell what he his opinion is on it. Dennis vlogs would be awesome though, they should do that

Yeah, if you ever have watched Dennis's periscope it looks like he has a great time working at Linus Media Group / LTT.

Yeah, if you ever have watched Dennis's periscope it looks like he has a great time working at Linus Media Group / LTT.

for all we know dennis is crying in a basement while linus has a sandal to his throat. I kinda feel like Dennis is the little brother of the group

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

OP: "Stop being so racist!"

OP: "You shouldn't have hired someone who can't speak English!"

wut

OP in a nutshell "LMG is supporting racism"

OP's Solution "don't hire people whose primary language isn't English"

That is some fine anti-discrimination work OP.

You should see the banter that occurs on a building site. You would be writing an open letter to congress. 

That's not racism lol. Clues in the word.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Only to experience the slight hand of clever racism/abuse.

That's not racism lol. Clues in the word.

I didn't say the OP's solution was racist I said it wasn't exactly anti-discrimination. His solution is the discriminate against people who don't speak English as their first language regardless of its relevance to the job

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Hey bros. Taran here. I just happened to see this topic and thought I'd respond.

Edzel, Brandon, Dennis, and myself all went to BCIT together for Television/Broadcast in the same year. We all became friends during the two-year program, and now we get to work together as well.

Here's one of the dumb projects we made during that time:

When you see Nick (Van Berkel) acting mean towards Dennis, you're seeing it out of context. They are friends, and are currently roommates. Nick teases all of us for all sorts of things, that's just his personality. Guys who like each other will pretend to be mean!

We all like Dennis around here and he's a valuable member of the team. I recorded a bit where I say that - you'll see it in an upcoming moving Vlog.

That being said, I know it can certainly LOOK like Berkel is just a big bully sometimes, so I like to get footage where Dennis strikes back. (Like the The Office style interview where he mocks Berkel for talking too much, and the part where he gets Nick a shirt that says "white people can't read this.")

It's mot always easy to show everything for what it really is in a 15 minute video that encompasses a whole day, but we do try.

Welp, gg.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

This is actually my first time replying on forum.

I went to high school and college in Canada for about 4 years. I know my English is not perfect and I am still working on it.

As you guys know most of us went to BCIT together and we have known each other quit well. Berkel is my best friend in Canada(maybe). that would be weird if he actually treated me too nice. He helped me a lot on moving here, settling down in Canada a lot more that you guys won't see behind the camera. Any jokes he made didn't bother me and they were entertaining for me as well.

If there were actually a racist or uncomfortable work environment at LMG, how would I abandon all my friends and family and moved away from Taiwan? I enjoy working here with all the great people. thank you for your consideration though. it's all good.  :)

Thank you very much @TaranLMG and @dennisliao. I hope your comments with @LinusTech discussing this thread (and racism in another topic) will clear things out. Like you said Taran, what we see is inside jokes which seem sometimes bit harsh. For myself its to do with editing where you have the joke and reaction. Sometimes reaction is just sad to watch.

And cute staff titles btw :)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv